• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Budget Raichu/Magnemite

EasyBakeLovin

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone, i'm pretty new to the game and i've played quite a bit of PTCGO

This is the first physical deck (Card list below) i'm wanting to build custom, it's based slightly off the Crushing Current deck in PTCGO.

The main focus is to use Raichu's Circle Circuit attack to do most of my damage, and then use his Thunderbolt when he will be defeated (since he's low HP). I've included quite a few basics (13) in order to use his Circle Circuit effectively. I've also included 2 Sky Field cards to increase his possible damage up to 160, instead of 100 with a normally full bench.

I've included the Magnemite's and Magneton's to do some basic damage as well as control with paralyzation if i need a while to build up Rayquaza or Kangaskhan for backup damage with high health.

I've tried to include a way to manage energy (Professor's Letter and Energy Retrieval primarily) as well as being able to bring back my Pokemon and trainer cards from discard (Rescue Stretcher, Skyla, VS Seeker). There's also quite a few cards i happen to see in every deck and have been usually consistently useful in PTCGO.

------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon - 18

* 3 Kangaskhan FAC 75
* 3 Rayquaza GRI 106
* 3 Magnemite BKT 52
* 2 Magneton BKT 53
* 4 Pikachu BKT 48
* 3 Raichu XY 43

Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 N PR-BLW BW100
* 3 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 1 Lucky Helmet AOR 77
* 2 Switch SUM 132
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Fisherman BKT 136
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Winona ROS 96
* 2 Sky Field ROS 89
* 2 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 2 Shauna XY 127
* 2 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Energy Retrieval BLW 92

Energy - 10

* 6 Lightning Energy XYEnergy 6
* 4 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

------------------------------------------------------------

A few question i have specifically:

Am i limiting myself by attempting to rely on one ability (Circle Circuit) even though it's low energy cost and high damage with a full bench?

I have several 1-off trainer cards, due partially to budget and partially to give myself options, but maybe i'm spreading myself too thin or should up the amount of some of the x2 cards i have? Also, should i rely more on items? I feel i may have to many supporter cards to effectively use them all.

I do own every card in this deck right now, as well as quite a few staples, so feel free to suggest any cards, although i am on a budget :)

Any suggestions would be very helpful! Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks!

The Magnemite and Magneton from Breakthrough are terrible attackers on their own. If you're using them, they should only be used for setting up Magnezone, whose Magnetic Circuit ability lets you attach as many Electric energy as you like on your turn. This pairs nicely with Raichu GX, which comes out in Shining Legends.

The only reason you're using XY Raichu is Circle Circuit, which gets stronger the more Pokemon you have on the bench. Sky Field is a mandatory card to increase your bench size limit to 8. As this Raichu is meant to be the main attacker in this deck, you only need Double Colorless Energy to get Circle Circuit going. None of the Pokemon in your current deck list synergize well with this particular Raichu, so you'll have to take them out. Lycanroc GX (the Guardians Rising one) is commonly paired with Raichu not only as a bench filler, but for its Bloodthirsty Eyes ability, which works exactly like Lysandre. This means you'll have to include Strong Energy or Fighting energy if you want to attack with Lycanroc. Normally, I'd suggest Tapu Lele GX or Shaymin EX here, because of their really good abilities, but since this is a budget deck, you can also pair Raichu with Vespiquen, which inflicts more damage the more Pokemon are in the discard pile.

Before rotation hits, max out your Sycamores, as they're the best draw supporters you'll ever have. N is close behind; use 2-3 before rotation and max out on them post-rotation. Field Blower is pretty much mandatory in competitive decks nowadays because you get to remove opposing stadiums and tools. Choice Bands are also a nice inclusion to hit EX/GX Pokemon harder. Max out on Vs. Seeker before rotation hits because reusing your supporters is too good to ignore. The same goes for Ultra Ball, which lets you search for any Pokemon you please. If you're going to include Double Colorless energy as the only energy in this deck, 2-3 Special Charge should be included to recycle those energies.

Here are some sample deck lists that feature Raichu:

http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/primal-clash-guardians-rising-decklists/#raichu

Last edited:
The Magnemite and Magneton from Breakthrough are terrible attackers on their own. If you're using them, they should only be used for setting up Magnezone, whose Circle Circuit ability lets you attach as many Electric energy as you like on your turn. This pairs nicely with Raichu GX, which comes out in Shining Legends.

The only reason you're using XY Raichu is Circle Circuit, which gets stronger the more Pokemon you have on the bench. Sky Field is a mandatory card to increase your bench size limit to 8. As this Raichu is meant to be the main attacker in this deck, you only need Double Colorless Energy to get Circle Circuit going. None of the Pokemon in your current deck list synergize well with this particular Raichu, so you'll have to take them out. Lycanroc GX (the Guardians Rising one) is commonly paired with Raichu not only as a bench filler, but for its Bloodthirsty Eyes ability, which works exactly like Lysandre. This means you'll have to include Strong Energy or Fighting energy if you want to attack with Lycanroc. Normally, I'd suggest Tapu Lele GX or Shaymin EX here, because of their really good abilities, but since this is a budget deck, you can also pair Raichu with Vespiquen, which inflicts more damage the more Pokemon are in the discard pile.

Before rotation hits, max out your Sycamores, as they're the best draw supporters you'll ever have. N is close behind; use 2-3 before rotation and max out on them post-rotation. Field Blower is pretty much mandatory in competitive decks nowadays because you get to remove opposing stadiums and tools. Choice Bands are also a nice inclusion to hit EX/GX Pokemon harder. Max out on Vs. Seeker before rotation hits because reusing your supporters is too good to ignore. The same goes for Ultra Ball, which lets you search for any Pokemon you please. If you're going to include Double Colorless energy as the only energy in this deck, 2-3 Special Charge should be included to recycle those energies.

Here are some sample deck lists that feature Raichu:

http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/primal-clash-guardians-rising-decklists/#raichu

Lol, it's Magnetic Circuit, Circle Circuit is Raichu's attack. ^ All of these points are true.

Thanks PlatinumDude, i was having trouble finding decks featuring Raichu, and all the advice is super helpful too!

Back