• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Budget M Gardevoir-EX

Brett2112

Aspiring Trainer
Looking for some feedback on a budget M Gardevoir-EX I'm looking to build.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Gardevoir-EX GEN 130
* 2 Gardevoir-EX STS 111
* 3 M Gardevoir-EX GEN 131
* 1 Xerneas BREAK STS 82
* 4 Xerneas STS 81
* 2 Remoraid BKT 31
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 3 Fairy Garden FAC 100
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 N FAC 105
* 4 Mega Turbo ROS 86
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 3 Gardevoir Spirit Link PRC 130
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 1 Misty's Determination EVO 80
* 2 Timer Ball SM 134

##Energy - 12

* 12 Fairy Energy EVO 99

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Budget Gardevoir is the first deck I started playing in my return to the pokemon tcg.
I've been messing around with it quite a bit. I personally play expanded mostly so there might be some cards that I play which aren't legal for standard.

I'd personally take out 1 xerneas. While I know what you really want to do is start of with xerneas, later on it's a bit pointless. You also have octillery for draw power which makes it easier for you to draw into an extra xerneas to pop that break on.
I personally don't play octillery because I search out everything instead of drawing on luck. I play spritzee's with aromatisse-fairy transfer instead for a quicker energy distribution, also some strategic plays later in the game with close to dead pokemon.

For trainers I stick to all 4's, 1 set of 4 randoms and a set of 2/2.
Basically all main trainers will be at 4. Situation depending trainers will be on 1 and I play a 2/2 of energy return and pokemon return.
The main supporter I play is Skyla. She can get everything I need at the time being or set-up for the next turn if really necessary.
The other supporter line would be Sycamore for draws. 90% of the time I play this as the last card of my hand.
As I said all main's are on 4 so even with 3 gardevoir I play 4 links, 4 gardens, etc.
I then have pokemon searchs, 4 ultra balls and 4 evosoda.
I also like to ALWAYS use 1 energy per turn from my hand. Which is why I play 4 letters which if unnecessary they become fodder for ultra balls or in case I have enough or to many energies in play and hand, I'd use the letter and then use the energies as fodder for ultra balls.

I think the way most decks are played, especially when it comes to trainers/supporters is highly dependable on the player's playstyle.
Ever since I switched to the line-up of trainers I have now, this deck has been running way more consistently.
I also switched out one of my brilliant arrow mgardevoirs with one despair ray in case I'd be having energy problems, against decks that are eating away my energies.
She does 110 damage with 2 energy, +10 in case you discard a pokemon from your bench.

Back