Ruling Bronzong SF

TDA

I know gliscor's future :P
Hi guys,
Bronzong SF has the attack Heavy Potential which states "Put a number of damage counters on each of your opponent's pokemon equal to the number of colorless energy in that pokemon's retreat cost(after applying effects to the retreat cost)."
Now the part i have a doubt about is what does effects to the retreat cost mean?

TDA said:
Hi guys,
Bronzong SF has the attack Heavy Potential which states "Put a number of damage counters on each of your opponent's pokemon equal to the number of colorless energy in that pokemon's retreat cost(after applying effects to the retreat cost)."
Now the part I have a doubt about is what does effects to the retreat cost mean?

"Effects to the retreat cost" means that things like Ariados MT, and Moonlight Stadium that effect retreat cost are applied afterwords. So, if they play Moonlight, you're in trouble =P

Effects to the retreat cost means cards effects that affect the Defending Pokemon's retreat cost.

Examples: Moonlight Stadium and Ariados MT.

If you used Heavy Pressure on a {D} Pokemon with Moonlight Stadium out, Heavy Pressure would do nothing because it has no retreat cost.

EDIT: Blast, ninja'd

Oh so that's it,i was hoping it would be something like discarding a no. of energy from those pokemon,but if it were it would be broken....

Back