Brighton, Michigan Cities Top 2 Match with Commentary!

Gale

Guess who's back (kinda)? Back again (kinda)
[member]HenryP[/member] recently made Top 2 at the Brighton, Michigan City Championships last Friday in the Senior Division. Here's the video with commentary by [mod]Zero[/mod]. Congratulations to Henry for his accomplishment, and we'll have the rest of the Top 2 matches uploaded for you guys shortly. Remember, if any of you guys receive permission from your tournament organizers and have the resources to do it, record some matches at your City Championships and send them to us! Just PM me if you're interested in doing this. If anyone wishes to subscribe, the account is youtube.com/pokebeachcommunity -- we have a lot of great content coming soon, so it'll be a great idea to subscribe!

[video=youtube]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW4wBrj4WZY[/video]

If I could actually figure out what on earth was going on in that video, I would watch it.

Here's unedited:
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T7vvLs5d8M&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Ah, much better. It was mostly because the former video was going at twice the speed, and I can't tell what they were doing over Zero's yammering.

Also, in that light, the cards are hard to see, so hearing the names of the cards being played helped too :p

Wait, Chris was the one playing the Chandelure?

...I thought that was a chick

In Michigan? Wow. I didn't watch the video yet but it's amazing that you'd fly to MI for a cities.

Nice job though.

Just a few things to note.

1. The commentary was more of color commentary rather than play-by-play. You could have just discussed the decks strategies before you actually got to the battle video

2. True that the game wasn't really that interesting or even close for that matter.

^Well I'd do a play by play, but that'd be BORING. I can only do with what I'm given... when I'm given a one-sided game like that, I can only come up with color rather than play-by-play. I'll switch up my style based on what the game looks like.

It's not Gale, it's a different Chris. It could be....
I know that HenryP's irl first name is Chris. I'm just saying I thought the Chandelure player was a girl.

[10:21] <Whitewing> imagine if someone did a "sports commentary" on a pokemon tcg game <-- Make it happen gale and zero :D

Brisk Cakers said:
[10:21] <Whitewing> imagine if someone did a "sports commentary" on a pokemon tcg game <-- Make it happen gale and zero :D

Challenge accepted.

DNA said:
I know that HenryP's irl first name is Chris. I'm just saying I thought the Chandelure player was a girl.

Why would you think that HenryP's irl first name is Chris?

Glaceon said:
In Michigan? Wow. I didn't watch the video yet but it's amazing that you'd fly to MI for a cities.

Nice job though.

He drove, even worse.

Brisk Cakers said:
Just a few things to note.

1. The commentary was more of color commentary rather than play-by-play. You could have just discussed the decks strategies before you actually got to the battle video

2. True that the game wasn't really that interesting or even close for that matter.

Yup. This is true.

DNA said:

No...

I was not aware his first name irl was Henry. I was always told that it was Chris.

Still that doesn't mean that the Chandelure player doesn't sound like a girl, so here's the $64 question:

which one was Henry playing

...that's what I thought.
/me returns to corner

Back