Votes: 6 13.6%
  • im happy and there not bad

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • they dont help but dont hurt

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

SPIRE_FAN

Fan of The Diamonts!
so i just got top braces (getting bottom ones in like 2 weeks) and i dont know what the fuss is about they really dont hurt that bad. so whats your story/experience/feedback on braces?

Yeah, they're not so bad ^_^ just get used to eating pudding, soup, and jell-o for a few days xD
But I've had my braces for a year now, and they're not so bad. You just gotta make sure you're brushing your teeth well and often.

I mean sure, you'll be feeling sore for a few days, but after that, you don't even know that they're there.

I used to have braces. Not eating popcorn was definitely the worst for me. If you chew gum, you won't be diong that anymore either. It wasn't really painful to me.

I to braces not too long ago (back in April). They hurt for the first one or two days, but then it's fine after that. Braces aren't bothersome.

Unless, of course, you are like me and you have to get 2 teeth pulled. That leads to lots of bleading, numbness, and 5 SHOTS IN YOUR MOUTH. Plus I'll have to do this again :D

Mine just got tightnened yesterday and it has been hurting my mouth all day. Well, maybe its just mine because I had to get tooth surgury so mine are different. But once it stops hurting, I hardly even notice they're there.

I've had my braces on since July 2008....and I'm finally scheduled to get them off in about 6 weeks.

However, braces do not hurt at all outside of the first week. (This applies for when you get your top and bottom braces) When the braces are tightened, it will sometimes cause some pain. However, this usually disappears in 1-2 days.

Even though they didn't cause me much physical pain, I'm still looking forward to getting them off...after over 2 years. :x

I had braces for 2 years, and am about to get them off :D. Mine hurt for about a week when I just got them on, and for about 2-3 days when ever I get them adjusted (about every month). Im glad I got them, but they are such a pain (like flossing, and no popcorn :< )

I had them for a little over two years and have had them off for about two. The most pain comes with getting them put on/taken off. Tightening them hurts for a couple days, but that's pretty much it. Just don't bite down hard on your teeth and you should be fine. After almost a year, I completely didn't even notice them in my mouth. You'll be glad when they're off and your teeth are straight. :)

dmaster out.

Braces... are no big deal at all. First thing I did after getting them on was eating chewy dried mangoes. No big deal. The only problem I had with braces was that when they came off, the parts of my teeth where the braces were were a shade of yellow. Nothing too bad... and nothing I could have avoided. But it was soooooooo gross.

No problum at all. All they do is feel a little tight for the first week or so. Then you don't even notice them.

Zero said:
Braces... are no big deal at all. First thing I did after getting them on was eating chewy dried mangoes. No big deal. The only problem I had with braces was that when they came off, the parts of my teeth where the braces were were a shade of yellow. Nothing too bad... and nothing I could have avoided. But it was soooooooo gross.

:O That's nasty. I'll be sure to look forward to that when I get mine off xD

Gliscor said:
I to braces not too long ago (back in April). They hurt for the first one or two days, but then it's fine after that. Braces aren't bothersome.

Unless, of course, you are like me and you have to get 2 teeth pulled. That leads to lots of bleading, numbness, and 5 SHOTS IN YOUR MOUTH. Plus I'll have to do this again :D

Try 4 teeth. :p Of course that'll be the only time, barring my wisdom teeth for which I'll be unconscious. Braces are fine except when you just get them on or tightened they'll hurt. Otherwise tehy're fine though they can occasionally scrape your mouth. I know they say no popcorn and no gum and stuff but honestly it's fine it doesn't do anything if you just brush your teeth. I had mine from the beginning of 6th grade to the beginning of 8th grade and now I have a retainer and that's much better.

I have braces and getting them off this December. They are no big deal at all. I have braces that don't need to be tightened, but I need to wear these rubber bands that are hooked on the top and bottom brackets on both sides of my mouth but they don't hurt and you can't see them. Yay, can't wait to have yellow teeth like a hamster, lol.

Meaty said:
Try 4 teeth. :p
I had to get two pulled the past Monday. Then next Monday, I'm going to have two more pulled. Four teeth ;p, unless you mean 4 teeth per visit o_O

Meaty said:
Try 4 teeth. :p Of course that'll be the only time
Just one visit. Got it over with. It's really the shots that hurt though, once they do their job pulling out the teeth is painless. So you only want one visit. :) Then again 4 teeth at once might have required more shots...

i never had braces and am told that i dont need any of my wisdom teeth out lalalalalalalalala

Meaty said:
Just one visit. Got it over with. It's really the shots that hurt though, once they do their job pulling out the teeth is painless. So you only want one visit. :) Then again 4 teeth at once might have required more shots...

And even the shots aren't too bad, it's a moment of discomfort, a second of stinging and a little pressure, and then you're just slap happy because of the way you talk and how your lip is sagging xD

I am going to need braces in a few months. I am happy that a lot of people are saying that they aren't so bad :). Right now I have something called the Herbst Bar which helps bring my bottom jaw forward just a tiny bit. The Herbst Bar is just two bars that are on both sides of your mouth. It isn't noticable and only bugs you the first two days you have it.

I have to get braces once all my baby teeth come out. (I`m not 10, i`m just a late loser of teeth). I had to get a tooth pulled out the other day too D:

Back