• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

BR Master's Hand/Deck Disruption (Houndoom)

DarkPkmnTrainer

Aspiring Trainer
Here's the decklist:

Pokemon (22):
3-3 Houndoom (3LA - 2 UD/1LA)
2-2 Weavile (UD-UD)
1-1 Slowking (UD-HGSS)
1-1 Umbreon (UD-UD)
2 Uxie (LA)
4 Sableye (SF)
1 Chatot G (MD?)
1 Grobat G (MD?)

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium (28):
Cyrus Initiative x3
Bebe's Search x3
Professor Oak's New Theory x2
Team Rocket's Trickery x2
Pokemon Collector x2
Pokemon Communication x4
Luxury Ball x1
Poke-Turn x3
Super Scoop Up x3
Warp Point x2
BTS x3

Energy (10):
4 Special Dark
6 Basic Dark

The basic strategy revolves around getting Sableye on the first turn, and depending on what I already have in my hand (and my opponent's field) I can either go for a donk, use a search-supporter, or already start off with Cyrus Initiative to hopefully get rid of a trainer/supporter or two in their hand. Chatot G is there for early disruption so I can make sure they don't draw into anything useful (like Uxie), while Slowking is there to do the same late-game disruption. Houndoom (UD) will be the main attacker, hitting for 50-70 every turn and keeping their hand useless. Weavile is there more for the early game, when I'm discarding important cards they may need to set up. The Umbreon line is there for the Donphan matchup, and the LA Houndoom is there for the Jumpluff matchup. Ideally, the disruption would mean they'd be unable to set up and would allow me to take out their remaining basics with Houndoom.

I feel like this deck may benefit from Expert Belt, but I don't know where to put it. I also was considering judge, but am not sure how useful it would be since I should be able to keep my opponent's hand below 4 cards, and by using cards like Cyrus, Weavile, and Chatot/Slowking, I know what their hand is at all times.

Thoughts? Ideas? Is it an awful idea that should've never existed?

-2 team rockets trickery
+1 ssu
+1 cynthias feelings
ssu requires 4 copies to be effective, and cythias is pretty pro in sableye decks

Thanks! I totally blanked on the sets

Thanks for the suggestion cheta, how come cynthia's is so good for Sableye though?

Cynthia's Feelings turns revenge KOs into card advantage allowing you to hopefully set up something else like Garchomp C Lv. X etc.

Back