• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Box Rotom (Rotom Toolbox)

Mario W

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 17

3x Rotom ULP
2x Fan Rotom ULP
3x Heat Rotom ULP
3x Mow Rotom ULP
4x Frost Rotom ULP
2x Wash Rotom ULP

Trainers 43

4x Sycamore
3x Cynthia
3x N
2x Guzma
2x Acerola
1x Life Dew
4x VS seeker
4x Battle Compressor
2x Trainers Mail
2x Ultra Ball
4x Float Stone
3x Escape Board
3x Fighting Fury Belt
2x Choice Band
4x Field Blower

Kind of a WTF deck to get some looks at your next league night.

Basically, the jist is to get as many tools into the discard T1 or T2 via battle compressor, tool scrapper, Sycamore and Ultra Ball. Once you hit 9 tools, all of the Rotom abilities kick in and attacking is free, no energy required in the whole deck!

Retreat costs are handled by acerola, guzma, float stone and escape board (I don't think any rotoms have 2 retreat....)

Obviously this has an AUTOLOSS against Trashalanch Garbodor and anything that has an ability lock....but hey, its a fun idea i first thought of at the prerelease i was at.

***disclaimer, I am very unfamiliar with Expanded play, so there are probably cards that fit that i am missing, feel free to educate me on the ways....

Last edited:
I like that Life dew, went ahead and dropped a Syc for that one

I wouldn't go that far with the sycamore. You need the draw power.

You may need to look into using VS Seeker, Trainers Mail....Acro Bike? and maybe dropping some of the Rotom lines down....maybe incorporate Ninja Boy.

The deck needs a substantial amount of draw power to get 9 tools in the discard pile. Like, we're talking like pre-Zoroark Night March draw engine sort of stuff.

The deck will need some fine tuning to see how many tools you actually need in the deck. I'm not sure if 16 is right. Thinking you could jump it down to 13-14. This is where testing on your end comes in.

And Field Blower is VASTLY superior to Tool Scrapper.

Yeah you don't need 22 pokemon. You shouldn't be running so many 4-ofs.

Especially when you are missing expanded staples like VS Seeker

Made some edits, trimmed some Rotoms, added back the 4th Syc plus a Juniper set, took out BB, put in seeker.

You cannot run 4 sycamore and 4 juniper, it is not allowed

I'm pretty sure you can. Since they are technically different cards you can run 4 of each in your deck. Online I ran a deck with 4 Hau and 4 Tierno (don't ask) and that was legal. I would think the rule extends to Prof. Sycamore and Prof. Juniper as well.

If I were to play this deck I would play the Crimson Invasion Gourgeist to discard tools quickly on T1 or T2 while dealing damage. Throw in a few DCE to use the second attack.
149068_200w.jpg

I'm pretty sure you can. Since they are technically different cards you can run 4 of each in your deck. Online I ran a deck with 4 Hau and 4 Tierno (don't ask) and that was legal. I would think the rule extends to Prof. Sycamore and Prof. Juniper as well.

I just checked the rules and it says you can't play 4 of both. Good to know! Thanks for pointing that out everyone.

If I were to play this deck I would play the Crimson Invasion Gourgeist to discard tools quickly on T1 or T2 while dealing damage. Throw in a few DCE to use the second attack.
149068_200w.jpg

You're right...that Gourgeist's attack goes great with all the tool cards. The problem is it deviates from the overall "no energy" gimmick of the deck.

That being said, this is strictly a meme-worthy deck, and wins will be hard to come by. But in the few times you're able to get one, its fun to know someone will be going home knowing they got beat by a bunch of Rotoms, hehe

Back