TCG Fakes Blui's Image Fakes // A Return?

RE: Blui's Fakes / Birdy / 18.6.13

That looks so sexy completed!

Definitely looks legit. Again, much better than the official one!

The only problem I see is that "anyway" in the first attack needs to be "any way."

lugia_ex_by_blui129-d69eg0s.png

Fixed the anyway as per Nekoban's response.

And thanks a lot! I really had fun making it.

shiny_venusaur__hidden__by_blui129-d6a83q7.png

The shiniest flower there is :D

EDIT: This is a test for the modification I've made on Asche's BW Blanks. I haven't finished the Basic, Stage 1 or even Stage 2 ones but this is merely just a test on 1 of the types I've finished. :)

RE: Blui's Fakes / Hay Fever Got Nothin' On Me / 18.6.13

Nice! I love how the texture on the grass symbol turned out. I doubt many other symbols would turn out that nice with this method.

I think I just noticed this (though I could be wrong) and I'm sorry if it's been brought up before, but is there any particular reason that you don't use Sanvito Pro for the flavour text? Can't find it? Don't like it? Won't work right?

Nekoban Ryo said:
Nice! I love how the texture on the grass symbol turned out. I doubt many other symbols would turn out that nice with this method.

I think I just noticed this (though I could be wrong) and I'm sorry if it's been brought up before, but is there any particular reason that you don't use Sanvito Pro for the flavour text? Can't find it? Don't like it? Won't work right?

I can't find a free version :/ all the ones I've found cost $35. If you could point me to a free one I'd love that. :D

Blui said:
shiny_venusaur_by_blui129-d6a83q7.png

The shiniest flower there is :D

EDIT: This is a test for the modification I've made on Asche's BW Blanks. I haven't finished the Basic, Stage 1 or even Stage 2 ones but this is merely just a test on 1 of the types I've finished. :)

Mother of god.... That looks awesome!

I can't wait for these blanks to come out, thanks for doing them!

Ooohhh. That looks perrty. It's encased in gold and everything. So visually appealing and hypnotic. One of the best looking cards I have seen.

Reggie McGigas said:
Mother of god.... That looks awesome!

I can't wait for these blanks to come out, thanks for doing them!

Thanks! They'll be out hopefully by the end of this week.

Delta said:
Ooohhh. That looks perrty. It's encased in gold and everything. So visually appealing and hypnotic. One of the best looking cards I have seen.

Thanks a lot!

Not be a downer, but I don't remember giving anyone permission to use my blanks in order to edit them and thus, turn em shining =/ The main reason I have disliked releasing public blanks in the last year or so; and the reason why any I do after may be by request. (The XY era of the TCG may be hit by this, next year).

I can't take away the fact it looks nice, definately nice, but the above negates that niceness for me personally :(

aschefield101 said:
Not be a downer, but I don't remember giving anyone permission to use my blanks in order to edit them and thus, turn em shining =/ The main reason I have disliked releasing public blanks in the last year or so; and the reason why any I do after may be by request. (The XY era of the TCG may be hit by this, next year).

I can't take away the fact it looks nice, definately nice, but the above negates that niceness for me personally :(

I honestly don't see how making a blank "shiny" is any different than applying artwork and foil to a blank. Wouldn't disallowing this essentially be the same as disallowing them to add special effects (sparkles, etc.) to Pokémon EX and textures to Full-Arts?

aschefield101 said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, and appologies if this offends you in any way, but Shiny Pokemon blanks are in high demand, lots of people (including me) want them. It was a matter of time until someone cooked one up. Once you release your stuff to the internet, there is no guarentee it will be totally safe from being modified in any way. If you won't do XY blanks, that's fine with me, but someone, somewhere will make them.

@Neko: I think that editing the gradients on the flavour and art boxes, stage bars and such is what disapointed asche.

@Reggie: I mean no offense to Blui, the blanks look gorgeous, but he didn't 'cooked them up'. He edited another person's work. asche states in his readmes and download pages that blank editing is not allowed. You saying that "Once you release your stuff to the internet, there is no guarentee it will be totally safe from being modified in any way" is pretty rude.

@Blui: The card looks amazing and I bet you've put a lot of effort on those. I also did something like that to asche's blanks in the past, so that's why I know he dislikes it. If you still want to make Shiny cards, you could always use Shining Bill open format BW blanks! :)

Delta Nite said:
@Neko: I think that editing the gradients on the flavour and art boxes, stage bars and such is what disapointed asche.

@Reggie: I mean no offense to Blui, the blanks look gorgeous, but he didn't 'cooked them up'. He edited another person's work. asche states in his readmes and download pages that blank editing is not allowed. You saying that "Once you release your stuff to the internet, there is no guarentee it will be totally safe from being modified in any way" is pretty rude.

@Blui: The card looks amazing and I bet you've put a lot of effort on those. I also did something like that to asche's blanks in the past, so that's why I know he dislikes it. If you still want to make Shiny cards, you could always use Shining Bill open format BW blanks! :)

I'm sorry that my post sounded rude, the truth may hurt sometimes. Blui should have asked for aschefield101's permission first though. (I just noticed that he did not)

Reggie McGigas said:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, and appologies if this offends you in any way, but Shiny Pokemon blanks are in high demand, lots of people (including me) want them. It was a matter of time until someone cooked one up. Once you release your stuff to the internet, there is no guarentee it will be totally safe from being modified in any way. If you won't do XY blanks, that's fine with me, but someone, somewhere will make them.

Delta is correct, to a certain point.

Its not how his have turned out though, as I said they look great (although I personally wouldn't have gone about a few things the way he has, thats personal preference) But more to the point where no one asked me if they could change them :)

My main gripe is this. Lets say we have a situation where someone isn't as well "versed" in blank/fake creating. They edit my blank(s) without permission, make it look like something I'd personally never do, but they keep my name attached to it. Everyone would then question wether its my work, or flat out believe it is, when it wouldn't be.

On top of that, it could be like Blui's ad turn out pretty nice. The fact would still remain people would believe its still mine, but heavily edited (if stated) and assume I had something to do with it anyway.

Its just something I don't particulary like is all, and wh its great others make alternative blanks as well. Another great thing is Billybob (ShinyBill) releases his in .PSD format so anyone can do anything with them and link back to him. He doesn't mind and thats great :)

I however do, thats all.

Delta did ask for permission for the E-Cards I think it was, last year sometime, his tured out great, he had permission, all went swimmingly. So I'm not entirely without reason :)

Anywho! Wall of text over, we don't really need to overtake Blui's thread as its for his art submissions etc, just be aware that its something I and quite a few others take seriously, as does PokeBeach and other sites. Permission is everything :)

aschefield101 said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Its not how his have turned out though, as I said they look great (although I personally wouldn't have gone about a few things the way he has, thats personal preference) But more to the point where no one asked me if they could change them :)

My main gripe is this. Lets say we have a situation where someone isn't as well "versed" in blank/fake creating. They edit my blank(s) without permission, make it look like something I'd personally never do, but they keep my name attached to it. Everyone would then question wether its my work, or flat out believe it is, when it wouldn't be.

On top of that, it could be like Blui's ad turn out pretty nice. The fact would still remain people would believe its still mine, but heavily edited (if stated) and assume I had something to do with it anyway.

Its just something I don't particulary like is all, and wh its great others make alternative blanks as well. Another great thing is Billybob (ShinyBill) releases his in .PSD format so anyone can do anything with them and link back to him. He doesn't mind and thats great :)

I however do, thats all.

Delta did ask for permission for the E-Cards I think it was, last year sometime, his tured out great, he had permission, all went swimmingly. So I'm not entirely without reason :)

Anywho! Wall of text over, we don't really need to overtake Blui's thread as its for his art submissions etc, just be aware that its something I and quite a few others take seriously, as does PokeBeach and other sites. Permission is everything :)

Ah, now I see why. Okay so scrap what I said in the PM about your watermark, there'll be a new one for that.

(Oh yeah I'd appreciate it if we could try to stop this now that Asche and I have resolved the issue, the blanks will be at your local dA soon).

Blui said:
aschefield101 said:

I however do, thats all.

Ah, now I see why. Okay so scrap what I said in the PM about your watermark, there'll be a new one for that.

(Oh yeah I'd appreciate it if we could try to stop this now that Asche and I have resolved the issue, the blanks will be at your local dA soon).

Cool with me, I'm glad you guys have resolved this issue, and I can't wait for the new blanks to come out.

eviolite_by_blui129-d6bm6qb.png
flygon_by_blui129-d6bm6wf.png

Also check out the Resource thread for Shiny Trainer Blanks!

EDIT:

Now taking requests! Just comment what Pokemon you'd like and what era you want the card to be from (excluding Black and White). You can additionally choose another language that uses the standard letters in our alphabet, and some symbols of course.

RE: Blui's Fakes / Pink Rocks & Green Dragonflies / 2.7.13

Those trainers haven't come out badly at all, in the end Blui.

I'd try defining the border edges near the "TRAINER" part though, as the shiny bit seems to almost make it not visible :) (Maybe copying that part of the card, turning fill off and just adding a 1px shadow of sorts, just to define it a tad more.)

Back