'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

If you pause at ~23 seconds on the second video, 3 Mewtwos, including the two megas, are visible. Was that already pointed out somewhere because I haven't seem them before.

Just when I thought we'd get rid of the Rush In shenanigans.... At least it's on a Stage this time, and will lack Float Stone in Standard (at least for now).

As for the others, it's hard to judge without knowing the dmg output, but Raichu's attack costing 3 discarded energy better be worth it.

Honestly, power creep really does happen all the time. Doesn't matter what game you play, the creators will always make an incentive to buy new products, and power creep seems to be the way to do it. But I really do hate it. It's so stupid to introduce this new mechanic. Why not just make a Zoroark EX? It would, in basic terms, be the same thing, a much more powered up version of the same Pokemon. I really only collect cards, haven't played competitively in a few years, and I have no interest in these break cards. They look too gimmicky.

The reason not to make Zoroark-EX is that it would just be another big, Basic Pokémon-EX. Whatever effects you gave it, the only real difference between it and say a new Darkrai-EX would be the name. Evolution is an iconic mechanic for Pokémon and some of us? We like lower Stages. Besides, Pokémon-EX aren't the "problem"; there are general balance and pacing issues (some which have been here the entire life of the game, just having gotten worse due to being ignored). At least as far as I can work out.

If you meant making a Stage 1 Zoroark-EX... they tried that already as well. Among the original Pokémon-ex, most of the Basic Pokémon-ex weren't too good because the Evolutions ended up being that much stronger. Maybe you're different but I don't want a format dominated by Basic Pokémon or one dominated by Evolutions; I want fully Evolved Pokémon (be they Basic, Stage 1 or Stage 2) operating on a similar level and I want the Evolving Basics and Stage 1 Pokémon to be more than just stepping stones.

Yeah, I'm kind of demanding like that.

Float Stone being reprinted along with basically Rush In with that Zoroark, though!

I actually like it better because it's not on a basic, i.e. you can't splash it into decks as much/at all. But Float Stone being reprinted kinda makes me sad because I was looking forward to a format where we didn't have Trevenant decks or other things like that. But, it should be said that it makes certain cards a lot better, like Slurpuff or, as previously stated, Trevenant.

But the reason I like the fact that you can't Russian Retreat (Ha!) every turn is only accentuated by the fact that we don't have Laser and Virbank anymore. Ergo, there won't be a necessity to keep Rushing In every turn. The hype is real.

Also, I've noticed that BREAK is part of their names -- meaning, you can still run four of the base along with a couple of the BREAKs unlike Lvl. Xs.

Sigh... I really, really did not want the float stone to be reprinted. It was severely overpowered in its own right, as it broke an important element (at least to me) in the game: The retreat cost. Yes... You should actually have a "price" to pay to switch out.

I personally wished that instead of the float stone, they would create an item that only reduced the retreat cost by around 1 to 3 energy, and perhaps an extra effect like preventing sleep or poison. This would be good because players would still have watch for particular cards that could increase retreat cost, like team Aqua's Muk. With this kind of item, at least there is still a "Retreat Cost" to actually think about, even if it is less...

I like the idea, however... As a collector I don't like to see cards that cannot be filed in an upright position.

Does anyone else notice the opponent at the end of the commercial has some type of dragon type ex going against the mega mewtwo?? It doesn't look like mega rayquaza either, atleast from the perspective!!

Hmmmm... I'm not sold... :/ If they are going with LV.X then they will soon release SP, which means that Basic cards will always be more playable and better.

Break Evolution is like Stage 2 pokemon. But it might be like the first megas we got. First where useless and then came the good stuff.

Does anyone else notice the opponent at the end of the commercial has some type of dragon type ex going against the mega mewtwo?? It doesn't look like mega rayquaza either, atleast from the perspective!!

That's definitely a mRayquaza EX. If you look hard enough you'll see it.

Pokemon, you need to move past your BW phase.

Stop reprinting BW cards. Just stop it. Have new ideas.

Or just reprint N and the Ace Specs in XY8 and say f it.

Can anyone upload screenshots of the new stuff? It is better than watching the video's from second to second....

At 24 seconds in the 2nd video, there's an Octillery next to M-Mewtwo X. It has an ability and an attack that does 40 damage, for what I think is 2 water and a colourless.

Also I'm slighly annoyed that M-Mewtwo X isn't a fighting type ._.

the blurry m mewtwo ex has 210 hp, it focuses for half a sec, might want to see if we can read the details on that Octillery next

I see
90 hp, some ability, [w][w][c] 40 dam, some effect, weak [g] retreat [c][c]

Back