Blazes of Glory A Top8 BR Report

Muddy68

Democrat to the End
Advanced Member
So, my cat woke me up this morning, and I hadn't slept well. I get ready and stuff, listen to some Journey, and arrive at the event. Stephen told me that now I was playing with the "Big Boys."
During deck check, Heather told me that I would have a bad transition and that Jake Hanna would have a smooth one. Carl (sorry CFOUR), would have a bad one. So, I get ready for round 1, I am playing Dialgachomp.

Round 1 vs. Alan with Ursaring/Typhlosion/Ninetails
This may sound clunky, but it worked. I get an Uxie start and top deck nothing. He blows past that and a benched Dialga G. I Poketurn it to end the game on my own terms. My bad start let him get completely set up. Well, this could be a bad day, but Heather tells me that I just got my feet wet and good luck in the next round!
0-1

Round 2 vs. Aquaman (Joe) with Kingdra
Well, I get an ok start, but much better than before. I blow through some cards to Set Up for 6, and get a full set-up. He cannot get any Energy, and tries to go for my Garchomp C LvX with a Zangoose tech. It isn't enough, I bring up Dialga G, Level Up, and Remove Lost. I keep sniping out Horseas, and win. Sweet.
1-1

Round 3 vs. K. Moore (Sorry, don't remember your 1st name) with Eeveelutions and techs
I get a great set up compared to my other 2 games. She tries to get out an early Leafeon from UD. She sets down a RDL, ok...
She tells me she hates LvX, so I use my LvX to blow past her. One of the funniest moments was when I called for an Uxie to get a T2 Uxie LvX. I end up getting double heads on a Remove Lost, and win from there. GG.
2-1

Round 4 (paired down) vs. Chris with Houndoom/Blaziken FB
I am not happy with being paired down, and the pressure is on to win it. We exchange prizes, and somehow, he gets 3 Houndoom Prime out. He flips 6 tails in a row on Fire Breath. I felt bad for him. I snipe out his bench after asking Aquaman who he liked better, Azelf or Uxie. Azelf lived, but Uxie and Unown Q (ok...) got Dragon Rushed. GG.
3-1

So, I go 3-1 for my 1st tourney in Masters. I was pleased, but sad that we couldn't do 5 rounds because the store wouldn't let us. I end up getting 8th, and change some stuff so that a R1 start wouldn't happen again. I am now practicing with Luxchomp for next week.

Props-
Jimmydude thinking he heard me say "send up the next victim"
Playing in a small isolated room for 3 rounds
Going 3-1
Being in Masters
AJ for running a great BR

Slops-
Bad Starts
Guy in R4 for flipping 6 tails
No 5 rounds
No prizes/Top Cut
Dialga G for being prized many a game

One last thing before I sign off:
Heather said that Jake Hanna would do better, but he went 1-3.
Juniors-Dialgachomp won
Seniors-Sablelock won
Masters-I think Sablelock, but I had to leave.

Hope you guys enjoyed!

~Muddy68

^
Of course i'd have a bad transition :p
I MIGHT go to Butler tommorrow, honestly i have so much confidence right now(XC just got my pr my 3 minutes :p
So guess i have to prove someone else wrong also by Chris do you mean Gale or Fulop?

Back