• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Blastoise/Wailord

Diet

In a dilemma
So you all are probably getting tired of me in the deck forum :p
But, I was fiddling through my Prerelease deck, and thought of how Wailord could be an interesting deck, as it got me some nice 4-0 sweeps.

Pokemon: 21
3-1-3 Blastoise
3-3 Wailord
2 Victini (FlipTini)
2 Terrakion EX
2 Mewtwo EX
1 Emolga

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 27

4 N
3 Cheren
3 Cilan

3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Heavy Ball
1 Tool Scrapper
3 Switch
3 Rare Candy
2 Super Rod
2 Energy Retrieval

Energy: 12
9 Water Energy
4 Blend Energy WLFM

This is a very odd deck, and may seem terrible.
Strategy: Wailord is the main attacker. Blastoise attaches multiple energies onto Wailord. 7 Energies on Wailord should be a good amount, which is the point where Wailord can OHKO anything. FlipTini just in case you dont flip heads. Terrakion EX is a tech against ZekEels and Darkrai Hydreigon. Tool Scrapper is so that Garbordor is countered, Switch is because of high retreat cost on Pokemon.

I can see this deck working, but need help perfecting the deck list. Also, if you think this deck is not going to work, tell me. Open to all constructive criticism =)

If you put 7 energy on a Wailord and it gets knocked out, you're left with very few energy to attack... If they take two Wailords, you're done for.

If you have 7 energies on Wailord, Mewtwo EX will need only 3 to OHKO the Wailord and get rid of half of your energies.

Labaru said:
If you have 7 energies on Wailord, Mewtwo EX will need only 3 to OHKO the Wailord and get rid of half of your energies.

This is probably the biggest problem, especially when you consider the popularity of Eelektrik based decks and how popular Mewtwo is in decks.

Ya, I've been thinking about Mewtwo EX and how I'm going to counter it. I'm probably gonna tech Mew EX or something if I end up playing this deck :)
However I'm kind of stuck now xD
Not sure what to do =3

Mew EX won't help because you don't have any energy acceleration to make him worth the play. In order for you to KO a Mewtwo, you'd need minimum of 3 energies.

A Mewtwo-Ex would fit in perfectly with this deck because, as long as you have an Energy Retrieval or 2 Water energies in hand, you can drop your own Mewtwo, attach the energies and return the Ko for 2 prizes. I disagree with the Ultra Ball since the two main pokemon in your deck are Heavy Ball searchable. You will also have ACE-SPEC Gold Potion by then which I think would fit right in for any non Mewtwo/Electric attackers that just chip away at your health. You need some form of recovery, and I would suggest 1-2 Super Rods and 2-3 Energy Retrieval, depending on how many you can fit in and your own personal preferance. I also much prefer 2 Professor Juniper in decks that run Stage 2's and Cheren over Bianca, but again, its personal preferance really.

- 1-1 Wailord
- 1 Professor Juniper
- 2 Bianca
- 1 Pokemon Catcher
- 3 Ultra Ball
- 1 Tool Scrapper

But I really love this idea :D

+ 3 Cheren
+ 3 Heavy Ball
+ 2 Super Rod
+ 2 Energy Retrieval

Keldeo EX would be great with blastoise. Try putting that in.
Also, catcher is a staple. With keldeo Ex, you need to get catchers fast
because Mewtwo EX destroys keldeo EX.
Step in can also be useful sometimes.

Back