• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Blastoise/Keldeo EX/Mewtwo EX/Kyurem

Diet

In a dilemma
A deck I thought of for Cities/States. (can't go to regionals).

Pokemon: 15

4-1-3 Blastoise
3 Keldeo EX
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Kyurem

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
2 Cheren
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Energy Retrieval
3 Rare Candy
2 Eviolite
3 Ultra Ball
1 Computer Search
2 Super Rod

Energy: 12

12 Water Energy

Strategy: Get a Blastoise out, and load Energies into Keldeo EX. Mewtwo EX to counter Mewtwo EX. Kyurem for spread.

Please help!

"2 to be able to get another Super Rod back." I dont get it.

I personally dislike Skyla. Test over test she show herself a spend of supporter turn. She will be in some Magnezone Plasma decks maybe, but skyla has been hated by most of players. Anyways, the deck list is fair, I like it, but I dont think this is the kind of deck that you spend cards to use bianca.

I would go for:

-2 Bianca
-2 Skyla
-2 Bicycle
-1 SSU (to make room)

7 spaces

+3 RR (To max out your chances to have a draw engine in your hand)
+2 {W} (Your energy curve must be perfect. I would put another 2 more {W} if you had space)
+2 Emolga (Your tech is made of basics basically :B so Emolga would search them out and also gives you a retreat free pokemon for some situations)

@Slowbrother thanks for the imput! I took out the Bianca, Skyla, and Bicycle, but instead I added 2 Water Energy. Also, I added 2 Random Receiver instead of 3, as I found 2 to be sufficient in Darkrai Hydreigon. Emolga, I found unnecessary. Ultra Ball can get everything out and I normally start with Squirtle.
Thank you :)

Diet said:
@Slowbrother thanks for the imput! I took out the Bianca, Skyla, and Bicycle, but instead I added 2 Water Energy. Also, I added 2 Random Receiver instead of 3, as I found 2 to be sufficient in Darkrai Hydreigon. Emolga, I found unnecessary. Ultra Ball can get everything out and I normally start with Squirtle.
Thank you :)

Yep, looking closely may Emolga is a dead space.

I'm very interested in this deck, I'm a Kyurem big fan, and see 2 mortal enemies in the same deck is awesome.

I had a Quad Kyurem deck (fun but not competitive), than a weird rogue Kyurem EX/Vanilluxe (NEX)/ Damagriiigus - (grant me 4th place on local BR). After that I've tryed everything with kyurem (garbodor, Archeops).

But now I see the light in the end of tunnel with Blastoise.

Let's keep on working on this deck then :)

I playtested against Lions, Ho-oh EX and EelBox, and done perfecly well. Didn't lose a single battle. The list is:

4-1-3 {W} Blastoise
3 {W} Keldeo EX
2 {W} Kyurem (NV)
2 {P} Mewtwo EX

T/S/S: 31

4 Ultra Ball
2 Heavy Ball
3 Switch
4 Rare Candy
2 Energy Retrieval
2 RR
4 Catcher

4 Juniper
4 N
2 Cheren

Energy: 14

14 {W}

This list show itself pretty solid, everything I needed was in my hand in time. But it's absolutely not perfect.

Changing subjects, I made a Kyurem art of my dreams. I always wonder why doesnt Kyurem have a Full Art Version? So I don't know if here is the right place to post it, but here it goes:

show-image.php

@Slowbrother that's an interesting list. I would take out 1 Ultra Ball for a Computer Search (Ultra Ball, but better.) I would take out another Ultra Ball (2 Ultra 1 Comp I found was enough, as 3 Ultra Ball did me great in Hydreigon, and you're using Heavy to find Blastoises, so I think you're good.) for a Super Scoop Up. I would then take out 2 Water for 2 more Super Scoop (Super Scoop Up is your Max Potion here.) I personally find no use of Switch, so I would just take it out (Keldeo's ability allows free retreat) and add a Super Scoop Up, Energy Retrieval, and a Super Rod. I would remove one Rare Candy, as you only use it to get Blastoise.

4-1-3 Blastoise
3 Keldeo EX
2 Kyurem (NV)
2 Mewtwo EX

T/S/S: 33

2 Ultra Ball
1 Computer Search
2 Heavy Ball
3 Rare Candy
4 Super Scoop Up
3 Energy Retrieval
2 RR
4 Catcher
2 Super Rod

4 Juniper
4 N
2 Cheren

Energy: 12

12 {W}

This would be my ideal list. Or something like this, anyways. :D
Well I'm very excited for this deck! Kyurem looks very interesting :)

Yeah, go ahead! :D
I'm still working on a decklist; feel free to use it if you wish. ^_^ With lots of help from Slowbrother :D :D :D :D

Yeah, nice about Computer Search, I did forget that.

For my lucky I have one of the old school base set Computer Search! Yay! I'm gonna add in and test it.

The Keldeo's ability doesnt look that great when you see in the card alone, but playtesting I must say it is the best thing of the deck. Save me couple times of Blastoise stall and make my opponent spend lots of Catcher for nothing, simply awesome ability.

I'd tryed to upload my Kyurem FA image, but went wrong, so... i'll try again hahaha

scaled.php

Slowbrother said:
Yeah, nice about Computer Search, I did forget that.

For my lucky I have one of the old school base set Computer Search! Yay! I'm gonna add in and test it.

The Keldeo's ability doesnt look that great when you see in the card alone, but playtesting I must say it is the best thing of the deck. Save me couple times of Blastoise stall and make my opponent spend lots of Catcher for nothing, simply awesome ability.

I'd tryed to upload my Kyurem FA image, but went wrong, so... i'll try again hahaha

scaled.php
I agree, Keldeo's ability is useful, but TBH, once the opponent knows what you are playing, they won't even try to catcher stall this deck. Nice FA Kyurem BTW.

Yeah, the Kyurem FA looks amazing! Why didnt PTCG make one D:
And yeah, Keldeos very useful vs catcher stall, helps so much ^_^

News: Playtesting 2-1 against Darkrai/Hydreigon
3-0 against Garchomp/Altaria
2-1 against Zekeels
3-0 against Hammertime

I take out one Kyurem to add a Kyurem EX and add Cilan over Cheren.
Cilan is awesome in this deck. Once Blastoise is sitted, go for Cilan and GG.

Ehh, Cilan I playtested, and its good, but for a supporter, I don't like it =/
Also, I've playtested both Kyurem and Kyurem EX, and Kyurem>Kyurem EX, IMO. I like to ability to spread damage around, preparing for a OHKO.
But I'll definately playtest Cilan some more; I found that Juniper gets you all of the energies you need. And nice! My news:
(With the revised list in a comment)
5 games vs each.
4-1 Darkrai/Hydreigon
5-0 Garchomp/Altaria (Each time, I got set up T2. :))
4-1 Zekrom/Raikou/Rayquaza/Eelektrik
5-0 Garbordor varients (3 Entei EX, 2 Regular Terrakion)

Redo the Garbo results against just solid terrakion as that is more common. Entei is SO easy to beat with this its not even worth mentioning.

Back