Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

camoclone said:
Aggressiv said:
The thing about jirachi is it doesn't sacrafice consistency, but rather adds it. Especially if you run level ball. Like if you whiff a supporter in hand but have a pokemon search card you can stay in the game instead of drawing dead. Makes things pretty consistent IMO, I dunno I've tested it and scramble switch. Long story short I think jirachi is good in blastoise, and scramble switch is bad. I wouldn't ever say that playing computer search or dowsing machine over Scoop up Cyclone is the wrong choice, I just think the latter is better. Especially with jirachi in the deck. And I mean it creates a lot of openings for you too. Like if you're playing garbodor, set up a blastoise put a bunch of energy down on keldeos but still have the blastoise in play it will most likely get catcher stalled out, but if you have SUC you can scoop it up if you get all your energy in play before garbodor and really if you have 2 keldeos powered up even with a garbodor you'll probably still win. Especially if you have scrapper to double rush in avoiding poison.
You are totally right... The only thing Jirachi sacrifices is the game. It's an easy easy easy 2 prizes which can be the difference between a win and loss. Not to mention you expect to draw a Scoop Up Cyclone right after you drop Jirachi? No... The only thing I would ever even consider dropping a Jirachi in is Klinklang.

Hey man you're free to have your opinion, but when you're ohkoing everything sacraficing two prizes instead of a blastoise or attacker leaves room to come back and attack instead of taking pressure. Not to mention Jwittz played Jirachi eggs in blastoise with SUC and made T20 out of 110+ players. People are really easy to hate on jirachi when really it can save your game having a supporter when you're drawing dead.

Aggressiv said:
camoclone said:
You are totally right... The only thing Jirachi sacrifices is the game. It's an easy easy easy 2 prizes which can be the difference between a win and loss. Not to mention you expect to draw a Scoop Up Cyclone right after you drop Jirachi? No... The only thing I would ever even consider dropping a Jirachi in is Klinklang.

Hey man you're free to have your opinion, but when you're ohkoing everything sacraficing two prizes instead of a blastoise or attacker leaves room to come back and attack instead of taking pressure. Not to mention Jwittz played Jirachi eggs in blastoise with SUC and made T20 out of 110+ players. People are really easy to hate on jirachi when really it can save your game having a supporter when you're drawing dead.
Or you could play 15 pokemon... You also just don't "lose an attacker". One shoting an EX takes a lot of resources.

The thing is that while most decks outspeed Blastoise, they lose prize trades to it due to its ease of getting OHKOs. However, you're usually going to be down on prizes by the time you set up. Jirachi provides them with an easy way to turn that prize lead into a won game, and just adding another supporter in its spot will very rarely hurt you.

Dark Void said:
The thing is that while most decks outspeed Blastoise, they lose prize trades to it due to its ease of getting OHKOs. However, you're usually going to be down on prizes by the time you set up. Jirachi provides them with an easy way to turn that prize lead into a won game, and just adding another supporter in its spot will very rarely hurt you.
Exactly what I meant to say...

I do agree that Jirachi EX is a decent tech if you can fit it, but only one along with SUC. Personally, I don't think it is worth the room as my ace spec, and since I'm already running 4 Skyla, I don't really find it necessary. Granted, it is good, but I don't really see it in this deck. Sure it could make more openings, but this deck already has pretty much all it needs considering that it is fast, consistent, and simple. This deck really doesn't need any techs to be good, and putting some in along with Jirachi would just mess with the all important consistency. Regarding super rod, I think I prefer 4 blastoise over super rod, since with super rod you must search out the blastoise again and waste more time getting the trainer(s) you need. In conclusion, I just think Jirachi is a pretty situational risk.

Oh, and JWITTZ IS BOSS! Just throwing that out there... If you haven't watched any of his pokemon vids on youtube, I'd suggest checking him out.

Finally, does anyone think I should run 1-2 Mewtwo EX in this deck? I'm thinking about running just one, but I like secondary opinions :)

Keldeo EX FTW said:
Finally, does anyone think I should run 1-2 Mewtwo EX in this deck? I'm thinking about running just one, but I like secondary opinions :)

With Black Kyurem EX PS, there really isn't much need for Mewtwo EX.

Especially since you run keldeo EX which does basically the same thing ply better. Dump a bunch of energy and OHKO everything

EXACTLY! The only reasons I was thinking about Mewtwo as a tech against:

1. The Mirror Match-up. I think this deck will be played quite a bit with the best of players. I also think I will come across many since this deck will make top tier IMO.

2. It's a good attacker.

That is all...

Its actually not a good attacker any more; there's a reason its not played in any of the top tier decks. Its not even that good for the mirror since other builds focus on BKEX, who is usually only going to have 1 energy attached to it after attacking, and who can easily take out a Mewtwo pumped up with all of your energy.

Absolutely. Mewtwo just isn't as reliable as it once was against the top tier decks.

Okay bros, here is my new decklist:

Pokemon x13

Squirtle x4
Blastoise x4
Keldeo EX x3
Black Kyurem EX x2

T/S/S x33

Ultra Ball x4
Level Ball x1
Heavy Ball x1
Rare Candy x4
Pokemon Catcher x3
Superior Energy Retrieval x4
Dowsing Machine x1
Skyla x4
Professor Juniper x4
N x3
Colress x2
Cilan x2

Energy x14

Water x11
Electric x3

Feel free to comment!

It shouldn't. Any decent Plasma list will have Scrappers, and they have the advantage of being faster and more consistent; you have the advantage of being more powerful once set up. 1 for 1ing with them and getting no effect out of your card benefits them more in general.

Until they burn up their resources trying to get one or have the Scrapper in hand, It's useful. I only run 2. And I don't play them all down at once either.

Okay, so you run 2 Silver Mirror. Every Plasma should be running at least 2 Scrapper. All you're accomplishing is giving yourself dead draws in other matchups, and often even in the Plasma one.

You also have to consider the fact that only blastoise can make use of the silver mirror. Do you really want to put that pokemon in danger, just so maybe you can stall. If you are going to put silver mirror in this deck. It might as well just be a blastoise deck, because silver mirror will just sit on blastoise and do nothing.

Funny enough, None of the Plasma at my league run more then 1 Scrapper. Even so, What would you suggest to replace them?

i have no idea what your deck is but im just gonna toss out ideas. Possibly float stone, more energy retrieval, more supporter, suicune, uhh idk tons of stuff could take place of 2 cards that are kind of pointless in your deck.

Blueinvader said:
Funny enough, None of the Plasma at my league run more then 1 Scrapper. Even so, What would you suggest to replace them?

If your only testing is against plasma with only 1 scrapper you should probably get a wider variety of plasma variants to test against. Just because the people at your league only run 1 scrapper doesn't mean that people at tournaments only run 1 scrapper.

Back