• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

blastoise boat (floatzel/blastiose-nats)

is this deck playable at nationals

• Total voters

fly_ray

look at my shiny new nameplate
this deck really needs a little help with setup but it beats most of the meta
havent tested against mangneboar

pokemanns

3-3-3 blastoise
3-3 floatzel
2-2 zoroark
1 bouffalant
3 mantine HS
1 tyrouge

energy

8{W}
3 special{D}
4{C}{C}

T/S/st

2 collector
2 poke comm
4 PONT
1 alphlithograph
2 copycat
1 twins
3 switch
2 junk arm
3 rare candy
1 FSL

strat
setup dce on blastoise and the {W} energy on floatzel via water acceleration and washout to blastoise
zoroark is for magnezone and reshirams
sorry i forgot to put this i have 1 cleffa

~fly_ray

Most of meta? Heck i doubt this even beats skillful Reshiboar/Typhloram users cus it's kinda slow compared to most meta games. But for improvements...

Dunno why ppl claim stantler as good starter cus it really isn't. starter with energy cost is not ideal (Absol is exception due to body). So imo replace stantlers with cleffas. Replace special darks with plus powers cause Zoroark doesn't last long enough and those you can use again with junk arms.

^ agreed, except if you're also a skilled player, you could probably take out a reshiboar/reshiphlosion player. I also agree with the suggestion. stantler would cripple you because 2 stage 2's is slow enough as it is and with stantler, you'd have to burn an anergy for the turn to get two basics, which you would then have to evolve next turn.

I think blastzel is definitely playable, but I don't think it'll get top cuts (maybe 1 or 2 will get in, but it would be crazy hard)

good luck, and make sure you keep a good strategy going.

Ghost Bear said:
^ agreed, except if you're also a skilled player, you could probably take out a reshiboar/reshiphlosion player. I also agree with the suggestion. stantler would cripple you because 2 stage 2's is slow enough as it is and with stantler, you'd have to burn an anergy for the turn to get two basics, which you would then have to evolve next turn.

I think blastzel is definitely playable, but I don't think it'll get top cuts (maybe 1 or 2 will get in, but it would be crazy hard)

good luck, and make sure you keep a good strategy going.

I usually get Stage 2's at T2-T3, same with ninetales. In good deck there's always something what to get better hand or something with. Stantler defo is not gonna stall long enough.

I've seen a Reshiboar and Blastzel game. Even with the Reshiboar's RDL prized, the speed of Reshiboar and splashable Pluspowers make it a challenge to beat. But I still like the deck nevertheless. Use Mantine/Cleffa instead of Stantler.

first is i like the mantine idea i will do that second the special darks are for blue flare so it does the whole 130

~fly_ray

3-2-3 blastoise
3-3 floatzel
2-cleffa
1-tyrouge
4-com
INTERVIEWERS!
2/3-collector
3-rare candy

this is a rough skeleton list. try play machamp prime or donphan. trust me. zekrom can ruin your day. and fighting tag + wash out = win

see bottom of first post on cleffa
i would play more comm but i only have 2 for this deck
zoroark is an extremely good tech 2 turn setup too
what should I take out for interviewers?

~fly_ray

Zoroark shoots enough with DCE. Darkness Special is not needed there.

Put...

+ 1 Collector (more)
+ 1 Rare Candy (faster evolution)
+ 1 Junk Arm (one Junk Arm doesn't really make any miracles.)

fly_ray said:
see bottom of first post on cleffa
i would play more comm but i only have 2 for this deck
zoroark is an extremely good tech 2 turn setup too
what should I take out for interviewers?

~fly_ray

only 2 pont and 1 juniper is really thats all is needed.

why don't you put a feraligatr prime in this deck. if your opponent is using reshiboar or zps you would a counter because of feralgatr prime its atack 60 +the damage u did make last turn.

SPIRE_FAN said:
only 2 pont and 1 juniper is really thats all is needed.
No duh....

Good amount refreshers give you the cards you need, 3-4 pont/deck is about must. 2-3 Junipers makes good. @Torterrafan: Floatzel is faster than fera.

Back