BW/BW2 Black 2 and White 2 Discussion Thread

I tried catching Cress, and she fainted herself! What is the best Pokeball to use to catch her?

saurs said:
I tried catching Cress, and she fainted herself! What is the best Pokeball to use to catch her?

Does Cress run away? If so, use mean look and stall a bunch, and spam Pokeballs of all sorts, then I guess timer ball? I used Thunder Wave/Confuse Ray with Ampharos to troll the heck out of Cobal and Viriz, and I eventually caught both with Great Balls.

Update team!

Emboar (Baconator...)Lv. 45
Croabt (7 Bananas)Lv. 40
Ampharos (DaCableGuy)lv. 40
Lucario (KarateKid#)Lv. 34 or 35
Golduck (I caught it and forgot to name it D: )Lv. 36
Litwick (I forgot...)Lv. 32

RogueChomp said:
saurs said:
Does Cress run away? If so, use mean look and stall a bunch, and spam Pokeballs of all sorts, then I guess timer ball? I used Thunder Wave/Confuse Ray with Ampharos to troll the heck out of Cobal and Viriz, and I eventually caught both with Great Balls.
Cobalion and Virizion ( as well as Terrakion ) were all easy. Cress on the other hand...

Ran out of PP on all of her moves, then used Struggle only to faint herself. Sad. Good thing I forgot to save before battling her. Also, she does not run away. She lives at Marvelous Bridge, but you need the Lunar Wing you find in the Strange House.

Also, anyone else have Latios/Latias? He, for me anyway, was easy. Just go to the Dreamyard.

RogueChomp said:

None of the legendaries run away in this game.

RogueChomp said:
Thats awesome :D

I don't mind them. All you need is a high level Wobbuffet or something else that knows Shadow Tag (Gothitelle and Chandelure once its hidden ability is made available), and then there's pretty much nothing they can do about it unless they have Mold Breaker or something that disables abilities (which they currently don't).

saurs said:
Also, anyone else have Latios/Latias? He, for me anyway, was easy. Just go to the Dreamyard.

I had to battle Latios twice since I forgot to save the first time. The second, I just used Zoroark since Latios doesn't have anything that does damage to it. I ran out of my 30 Ultra Balls and used a Quick Ball by chance and caught it, it was quite strange.

Why does Combee only have a 5% chance of being female in the Hidden Grotto? THAT'S SO DUMB It might as well be permanent Magikarp -_-

So yeah, is there anything you'd have done differently with this game?

I would've done a lot of things, mainly in regard to regional design and Pokemon distribution, because both are just plain terrible in this game. Here's a few of the major things I would've done:

-Make Black City/White Forest, Rt. 15, and Marvellous Bridge available after walking to them from Rt. 14. Black Skyscraper/White Treehollow and the Poketransfer Lab would be closed until post game. The Lunar Wing would also be unobtainable until post game to prevent you from getting Cresselia until then.
-Add Rt. 10, Challenger's Cave and Old Victory Road back in as post game areas. After beating the game, you can first head north from Opelucid to Rt. 10 (Old Victory Road would be closed off until you come the other way). From there, you can cross the river and then go west to access Challenger's Cave from a new entrance, while the old one is blocked by a one way ledge. Meanwhile, you can proceed to Old Victory Road and must go through it to reach N's Castle instead of through New Victory Road (let's face it, that makes no sense that the Castle is suddenly a few miles east of the Pokemon League when it was directly underneath before)
-Pokemon distribution:
-Yanma- various Shaking Spots: Castelia Park, Lostlorn Forest, Rt. 12, Abundant Shrine, Rt. 22
-Remoraid- various Surfing Spots: Rt. 20, Virbank City, Virbank Complex, Rt. 4, Driftveil City, Rt. 6, etc.
-Blitzle- Virbank Complex, Rt. 16
-Corphish- Virbank City Surfing, Virbank Complex Surfing, Seaside Cave 1F Walking
-Crawdaunt- Seaside Cave 1F Spots
-Gligar- Rt. 4, Desert Resort, Reversal Mountain, Rt. 15, Rt. 11, Rt. 23
-Jigglypuff- Rt. 16, Rt. 14, Giant Chasm
-Clefairy- Rt. 16, Giant Chasm
-Lickitung- Rt. 16, Giant Chasm
-Ditto- Rt. 16, Strange House
-Slakoth- Lostlorn Forest
-Munna- Lostlorn Forest, Strange House
-Vigoroth- Abundant Shrine
-Wingull- Virbank City Surfing, Virbank Complex Surfing, Driftveil Drawbridge, Driftveil City Surfing
-Pelipper- Marvellous Bridge, Virbank City Surfing Spots, Virbank Complex Surfing Spots, Driftveil City Surfing Spots, Undella Town Surfing, Undella Bay Surfing, Rt. 13 Surfing, Humilau City Surfing, Rt. 21 Surfing
-Golett- Relic Castle B5F
-Bronzor- Relic Castle B5F, Celestial Tower 2F & 3F
-Bronzong- Celestial Tower 4F & 5F, Abundant Shrine, Victory Road 1F
-Beldum- Chargestone Cave B2F Spots
-Shuppet- Celestial Tower
-Heatmor- Reversal Mountain Outside, Victory Road Cliffside
-Durant- Reversal Mountain Inside, Victory Road Inside
-Carnivine- Rt. 14
-Larvitar- Rt. 15, Rt. 11
-Pupitar- Victory Road Inside
-Vullaby/Rufflet- Rt. 15, Rt. 11, Victory Road Outside, Victory Road Cliffside
-Mandibuzz/Braviary- Rt. 4 Encounter, Victory Road Outside Shaking Spot, Victory Road Cliffside Shaking Spot
-Sawk/Throh- Rt. 15, Rt. 23, Victory Road Cliffside
-Tropius- Rt. 13, Rt. 22
-Shuckle- Rt. 13, Seaside Cave B2F
-Magmar/Electabuzz- Rt. 9
-Palpitoad- Rt. 22
-Croagunk- Rt. 22
-Stunfisk- Rt. 22 Surfing
-Cryogonal- Giant Chasm
-Lampent- Victory Road 1F
-New Pokemon available post game
-Cascoon/Silcoon (both would be available, but one would be more common then the other depending on your version)- Pinwheel Forest Inside
-Scyther- Pinwheel Forest Inside, Rt. 18
-Machoke- Pinwheel Forest Outside
-Nincada- Pinwheel Forest Outside
-Pikachu- Rt. 3
-Pidgeotto- Rt. 1-3
-Staravia- Rt. 1-3
-Tauros- Rt. 3, Rt. 10
-Miltank- Rt. 3, Rt. 10
-Loudred- Wellspring Cave, Challenger's Cave
-Chimecho- Dreamyard
-Kadabra- Dreamyard
-Kirlia- Dreamyard
-Tentacruel- Rt. 17 Surfing, Rt. 18 Surfing, P2 Laboratory Surfing
-Arbok- Rt. 18, Rt. 10
-Electrode- P2 Laboratory
-Porygon- P2 Laboratory Shaking Spot
-Rhydon- Clay Tunnel, Challenger's Cave
-Graveler- Clay Tunnel, Challenger's Cave
-Dugtrio- Clay Tunnel, Challenger's Cave
-Unown- Underground Ruins
-Snorunt- Twist Mountain
-Shelgon- Dragonspiral Tower, Old Victory Road Outside
-Masquerain- Moor of Icirrus
-Gloom- Rt. 10
-Weepinbell- Rt. 10
-Sableye- Challenger's Cave
-Mawile- Challenger's Cave
-Stantler- Nature Preserve
-Parasect- Nature Preserve
-Breloom- Nature Preserve
-You can pick between Archen/Tirtouga in Driftveil City
-Move the Daycare to Flocessy Ranch
-Include the Vs. Seeker
-Bring back the ability to have your lead Pokemon follow you around.
-Elite 4's team is rehauled to include past gen Pokemon added to the Unova Dex:
-Shauntal:
Banette Lv. 55
Cofagrigus Lv. 55
Drifblim Lv. 56
Golurk Lv. 56
Chandelure Lv. 58

-Grimsley:
Absol Lv. 55
Crawdaunt Lv. 55
Scrafty Lv. 56
Bisharp Lv. 56
Krookodile Lv. 58

-Caitlin:
Sigilyph Lv. 55
Espeon Lv. 55
Gothitelle Lv. 56
Reuniclus Lv. 56
Metagross Lv. 58

-Marshal:
Throh Lv. 55
Sawk Lv. 55
Heracross Lv. 56
Lucario Lv. 56
Conkeldurr Lv. 58

-Minor tweaks to Gym Leader rosters:
-Burgh:
Yanma Lv. 22
Dwebble Lv. 22
Leavanny Lv. 24

-Skyla:
Skarmory Lv. 37
Swanna Lv. 38
Drifblim Lv. 38
Unfezant Lv. 40

-Drayden
Druddigon Lv. 47
Flygon Lv. 48
Altaria Lv. 48
Haxorus Lv. 50

-Marlon
Carracosta Lv. 50
Mantine Lv. 50
Waillord Lv. 51
Jellicent Lv. 52

Bolt the Cat said:
-Bring back the ability to have your lead Pokemon follow you around.
-Elite 4's team is rehauled to include past gen Pokemon added to the Unova Dex:

These two are major nit-picks of mine. They have all the HGSS Overworld sprites in the game for the Entralink, why not utilize them?

Porygon-X said:
These two are major nit-picks of mine. They have all the HGSS Overworld sprites in the game for the Entralink, why not utilize them?

Yeah, IDK why they didn't bring back Pokemon following you in BW2. It was a nice feature in HGSS, and pretty much everyone liked it. I can understand why it wasn't in BW1, seeing as supposedly both BW1 and HGSS were in development about the same time, but that's not really an excuse for BW2. I'm going to be mad if they don't bring it back next game. Same with Vs. Seeker, that thing is infinitely useful.

I would have also changed the Pokemon distribution and brought the Pokemon-following-you feature back. If not one thing, at least the other.

By the way, is Random Matchup pairing you with Japanese players a lot? They have like THREE stars, and they totally kill me. D:
At least I manage to knock out 1 or sometimes 2 of their Pokemon...

I'm not sure if there's a better thread to post this, although it does have to do with my Black 2 playthrough. As I was playing it, I think I found a "glitch" which isn't posted or discussed anywhere on Bulbapedia. I tried making an account there to ask about it, but the email verification thing won't work with ANY of my millions of email accounts. (I made a lot when I was younger...) Does anyone know of a place where I could ask about this "glitch" I found? Thanks

regigigas said:
I'm not sure if there's a better thread to post this, although it does have to do with my Black 2 playthrough. As I was playing it, I think I found a "glitch" which isn't posted or discussed anywhere on Bulbapedia. I tried making an account there to ask about it, but the email verification thing won't work with ANY of my millions of email accounts. (I made a lot when I was younger...) Does anyone know of a place where I could ask about this "glitch" I found? Thanks

Post it right here or the 5th generation Q and A thread.

Back