Big Burn

Kiefer_777

This is the all powerful genosect.
What do you think about combining Entei EX's fire fang with this new Volcarona
Entei-EX – Fire – HP180
Basic Pokemon

[R][C] Fire Fang: 30 damage. The opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Burned.
[R][R][C] Grand Flame: 90 damage. Choose 1 Fire Energy card from your discard pile and attach it to one of your Benched Pokemon.

Pokemon EX Rule: When Pokemon EX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Volcarona – Fire – HP110
Stage 1 - Evolves from Larvesta

Ability: Burning Scales
As long as this Pokemon is in play, the number of damage counters placed on your opponent’s Burned Pokemon between turns for Burn damage is now 4.

[R][C][C] Heat Wind: 70 damage. You may choose 1 Energy attached to this Pokemon and discard it. If you do, the opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Burned.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

It's a interesting Idea. You may want to team it up with Magby, Eviolite, and rescues. It'd be a fun deck. Make sure you play switches in case they catcher up your heavy retreaters.

It's still flippy and impossible to get a controlled or reliable result, even with Volcarona. Volcarona is catcher bait with a pretty horrible retreat cost. I suppose it could be okay against Reuniclus decks, but past that I don't think it has a chance against much else. It's definitely a good way to play Entei EX, though. Not that that says much.

I've thought of pairing Volcarona with Houndoom Prime as just sort of a tech for everything. if you play spread (T-Tar, Kyurem) that 40 extra damage between turns can mean a KO. Sure it's flippy, but your opponent will think less "I only have a 50% chance of taking 40 damage, and I should worry more about killing their active pokemon" and more "Oh no, I'll take 40 damage if I don't switch out this pokemon right now!"

Psychological warfare is half of why Durant decks are viable

^It's only viable if you assume you'll only play bad opponents. T_T

I'm only going to retreat if it's actually beneficial to me winning the game. It doesn't matter if I'm taking 20 damage between turns or 40.

30 damage + 50% chance of 40 per turn is admittedly pretty bad. I think the only way to run Volcarona is to run it with a few Houndoom Prime and a reliable attcker such as Cincinno. Entei EX is just flat out unusable, imo,

Dark Void said:
30 damage + 50% chance of 40 per turn is admittedly pretty bad. I think the only way to run Volcarona is to run it with a few Houndoom Prime and a reliable attcker such as Cincinno. Entei EX is just flat out unusable, imo,

Yes I agree you have to have a better attacker such as mabey the reshiram you thought of.

pokemonjoe said:
This just won't work. Crobat prime is better, and that doesn't see play.

I'd love to see Crobat Prime Swarm + Houndoom Prime + Volcarona.

Possible 80 damage between turns + 1 energy requirement + free retreat main attackers means you can abuse Blissey Prime/Max Potion and force your opponent to retreat

*Proceeds to scribble out very rough Decklist on napkin and hide it away until Volcarona comes to America*

Back