Ruling Bibarel SF

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDA

I know gliscor's future :P
Hi guys,
I have a bibarel from stormfront,its pokebody says "prevent all effects of an attack,excluding damage,done to bibarel by opponent's attacks".

So what are considered as effects?
Eg:if my opponent uses an attack which says"flip 2 coins,if both are heads the defending pokemon is paralyzed,if even one is tails,this attack does nothing(not even damage)",then does my opponent flip the coins? and if he gets tails,the attack does nothing?

It only stops effects on bibarel itself. The coinflips are not on bibarel. The effect is, so they might as well not flip for paralyze.

TDA said:
Hi guys,
I have a bibarel from stormfront,its pokebody says "prevent all effects of an attack,excluding damage,done to bibarel by opponent's attacks".

So what are considered as effects?
Eg:if my opponent uses an attack which says"flip 2 coins,if both are heads the defending pokemon is paralyzed,if even one is tails,this attack does nothing(not even damage)",then does my opponent flip the coins? and if he gets tails,the attack does nothing?

To add on, it's saying that you can only damage Bibarel

Think of the coin flipping or what have you as a requirement the attacking pokemon needs to fulfill to do the damage, which is not blocked.

It blocks damage counters though! Like Gengar SF's first attack. It is basically a built in unown G.

He/She is asking what effects are.

Effects are anything from an attack that have nothing to do with straight up damage.
Special Conditions, placing damage counters, or anything besides doing damage is prevented because of Bibarel's Poke-Body.

Look at Bibarel - SF, it's first attack wouldn't do anything on another Bibarel because that is considered an affect of an attack.
Hopefully I was able to clear this up a little, because I managed to confuse myself a little while describing it... =]

Taylor45 said:
He/She is asking what effects are.

Effects are anything from an attack that have nothing to do with straight up damage.
Special Conditions, placing damage counters, or anything besides doing damage is prevented because of Bibarel's Poke-Body.

Look at Bibarel - SF, it's first attack wouldn't do anything on another Bibarel because that is considered an affect of an attack.
Hopefully I was able to clear this up a little, because I managed to confuse myself a little while describing it... =]
Thanks taylor,and thanks to all of you in general,that cleared up a lot of things.
PS:that's a he.
And another Question,are the pokebodies of abomasnow from sf and mt cumulative?
(ie)When i have the mt one,does it reduce the damage by 20?and vice versa?

Sorry to say but they can't be cumulative as both have to be active to gain there individual effects

The Pain said:
Sorry to say but they can't be cumulative as both have to be active to gain there individual effects
Thanks for that,it was a bit confusing as they both have the same name.

Whenever a Pokemon uses its own name in an attack/Power/Body that use of the name is self-referenceing. Meaning: You basically replace the name with the words "this Pokemon." So that attack/Power/Body only works on the Pokemon it is printed on, it does not affect all Pokemon with that name.

Ok,and one last question,when bibarel is active,can my opponent attack my benched pokemon?

TDA said:
Ok,and one last question,when bibarel is active,can my opponent attack my benched pokemon?

Yes, because Bibarel's pokebody does not protect the bench from damage or effects.

In addition to your original question, it only blocks effects of attacks, poke bodys, and powers can still affect biberel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back