Bianca vs Cheren

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
91-cheren.jpg
90-bianca.jpg

Both of these cards will become Tier 1 draw supporters in the Black and White-on format. They have similar effects, allowing you to draw several cards directly from the deck, but they do have differences.

Cheren can draw 3 cards with no drawbacks and no risks. Bianca, however, can draw more or less cards depending on how large your hand is. After a late game N, Bianca is much better because you can draw 5-6 cards and most likely win the game. Cheren would also help, but to a much less extent. Cheren would help, but it probably wouldn't allow you to win that turn. Earlier game, Cheren could be more helpful because you may have a larger hand and N gives more cards, but Bicanca could be more useful after you use Ultra Ball or some other cards. What do you guys think is better and which would you play more of if you ran both in a deck.

Hey Mr. Contributor bar!

Personally, I like Cheren better, but I think Bianca is better. I want to try to limit the cards I save in my hand. (And also, I don't have any copies of Bianca.)
Bianca is probably much better if put to good use. (Not in MY hands.) Bianca just goes better with discarding decks. Cheren is for the others that aren't so heavy on it.
There are a lot of discussions on who's better in a deck, though.

It depends on your deck. In something like ZekEels where you're discarding left and right with Ultra Ball and you always have a low number of cards in your hand, Bianca is going to be way better. On the other hand, in a deck like Empoleon, Cheren is going to be waaaaay better, no question, because you're always going to have like 7+ cards in your hand.

It varies with each deck, but most decks will end up using both. Anything without Ultra Ball can't use Bianca though, so those decks would probably go 4 Cheren/1-2 Random Receiver instead of a split.

As Celebi23 said, both will be played in the same deck, but I feel that Bianca will have more of a impact than Cheren.

I'm with One Approved.. It honestly comes down to what kind of plays you'll be making on a turn by turn basis. I haven't been "testing" (I don't like using that word) for too long, but Bianca ALWAYS comes through when I need her.

I feel like in Fluffychomp Cheren is better because even though you're using Ultra Ball you're not maintaining support from your hand, you're mostly doing it through Gabite. In Hydreigon, I've never regretted running Bianca over Cheren. Another thing, Fluffychomp calls its basics, so you're stuck with them late game. So I guess it really depends on how the archetype runs.

I personally like Cheren better as a card. Bianca does nothing for a completely dead hand. Nothing. Cheren is guaranteed to give you 3 cards every time. As mentioned above, Bianca is only better in decks that play Ultra Ball.

Personally, I see it this way. Pre-Rotation, Bianca is horrible. Post rotation she will only be 1/2 decent untill we get Cards like Skyla, Computer Search, and Bicycle.

Granted that wont be until November the absolute earliest, provided TPCi decides to fill out the set without pumping massive amounts of useless promos into our sets and use that opportunity to give us the same promos as they get in Japan, though I won't hold my breath for that to happen.

A better choice for anything OTHER than Eel based decks, could/should/might be Cilan.

Back