Best Paralysis Lock - Vanilluxe + Victini

blaZofgold

Romans 8:38-39
I'm not quite sure if this is going to be even legal.....0_0

Have Vanilluxe as an active with only 2 energies, and Ability Victini benched. Use Double Freeze, which reads as following;

Code:
Vanilluxe - Water - HP130
Stage 2 - Evolves from Vanillish

[W][C] Double Freeze: 40x damage. Flip 2 coins, this attack does 40 damage times the number of heads. If even one coin is heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.
[W][W] Frost Breath: 60 damage.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

By itself, you have a 50% of getting a heads per coin flip, which is a 75% you'll get at least one heads during those two flips. Even if you got both tails (25%), you can now use Ability Victini to REFLIP and try for another 75% heads. That means you'd have a 25% of 25% to get a double tails all the way, a measly 6.25% chance of failure. The opponent will stay paralyzed, period.

Add in Vileplume so the opponent can't switch/cure, and you've got a foolproof plan. The only three enemies would be Unown TR (who plays that?), Heal Energy (removed) and an Ability that prevents statuses (not made yet).

WIN?

EDIT: Thanks for following the rules! I went ahead and added the rest of the text so we can see all aspects of the card. ~EspeonROX.

Not broken since it's stage 2, even vileplume is stage 2. most decks can alrdy sweep while you putting both stage 2's into play.

And you need to flip coins and sometimes people do not have luck with that btw...

Argentine said:
And you need to flip coins and sometimes people do not have luck with that btw...

Like me. SSU fails like about always for me as example. xD

I don't see why it's a bad idea. IT's 2 stage two lines. So is MagneBoar. Just play speed stuff like Sage's Training, COmmunication, and Rare Candy to get the vanilla dude out ASAP with victini. Once you have that out, that's when you drop Vileplume for the lockup. I don't see it as too hard to get out. If you really wanted to, you could even toss in Cleffa to stall for a little bit. It's at least worth a shot, IMO.

the idea is pretty good...but the actual arrival of these cards is not certain...but anyway if they do arrive in our next set...then its a very good deck idea...maybe add in smeargle or cleffa as starter...that way we can set up pretty quickly.Also since the decck requires only 2 energy per vanila,its possible to tech in somethin else like donphan or yanmega.mega for basically shooting around babies and allso resists machamp which would be able to get around the deck...

and seriously, dont worry about the coin flip. 6.25% of failing is just amazingly good. that's like missing with tackle......VERY RARELY. I've only missed with tackle like 20 times out of the 10 years I've been playing Pokemon.

this would actually be faster than magneboar since Vileplume isn't necessary unless they've already setup. The only thing you'd need to worry about without plume is the possibility they have a backup attacker to kill vanilluxe, otherwise you wouldn't even need it. its got 130 hp, the only thing in meta that could kill it one hit is magnezone

or the ram/rom with a pluspower in case you dont have plume out..

then

*enter new vanilluxe

3-2-3 Vanilluxe
3 Ability Victini
2-1-2 Vileplume
Some other card(s) that can work on Victini's ability

EDIT: I also noticed. Vanillish also has a paralyzing move, with Victini it's a 25% chance of failure. Worse than a full Vanilluxe, but still a strong percentage. You'd more likely hit with Fissure/Guillotine/SheerCold/Horn Drill than not paralyze with Vanillish.

yea once victini is released so will pokemon catcher, and ppl will prevent u from getting out a Vileplum/Gothitelle.
i agree with you that chances are rlly good that ull pretty much always get atleast one heads, but if u do happen to score double tails 2 times there goes ur main attacker. and btw steelix prime exists and would own this deck(weakness and cant be paralized)

just saying, nobody plays steelix prime now. that i know of. Once Blissey PL was gone, Steelix just lost it's heal.

Or you could also run a fire tech.

I think the main contender for the icecream dude will have to be Beartic. It has the advantage of not being reliant on flips (no matter how small the chance of hitting 4 tails is) and is only a stage 1. lets look at it this way.

Stage 2 + Basic
V&V (Vanillexe + victini) 6.25% chance of doing nothing and they can use switch and healling ablilties

Stage 1
Beartic they can retreat and use switch

Stage 2 + Stage 2 + Basic
V&V + Vileplume 6.25% of them being able to do any thing (well unown is an option but that is only for 1 turn and is ruins their bench)

Stage 1 + Stage 2
Bearplume they can retreat

So it all depends on whether you want to let them retreat or take the chance of flipping 4 tails. Your choice but it will all depend on the meta and how heavy retreaters fair after the next few sets.

Bwaaaa

Lets look at it this way ^. Against Reshiram, you're paralyzing, and they can't do NOTHIN. With Beartic, we have Emboar to retreat Reshiram. Although the retreat cost is 3, it's nothing ReshiBoar can't recover, as they should be running at least 3/1 Energy Pickup/Fisherman if not more. All these Emboar, Gatr, and even Dodrio because of Catcher running around ruins Beartic's day and any deck especially Reshiboar has fun against these guys. The problem with these decks however is that sooner or later you're going to be killing whatever you're trapping, and they can send something else up to kill your Vanilluxe. However, once in a while you ARE going to fail, hax is an astronaut.

blaZofgold said:
and an Ability that prevents statuses (not made yet).
steelix prime... this card compleatly shuts this lock down..... however who plays that so i can see this working but only with vileplume.

TyphloRam has: ability to recover discarded energies, burning energies out(typhloprime), can ohko with pluspower (Reshiram and other Typhlo). So....

^ that post seems oddly irrelevant on first glance...but I think I see what you're getting at.

That's why you want them to stay paralyzed. You can always seeker the Vileplume and then pull up Typhlosion and pwn it.

D: i was keeping this idea to myself. unlimited paralyze and maybe with a 2-2-2 vileplume to prevent switch :D

blaZofgold said:
^ that post seems oddly irrelevant on first glance...but I think I see what you're getting at.

That's why you want them to stay paralyzed. You can always seeker the Vileplume and then pull up Typhlosion and pwn it.
I would probs either come ko your vanilluxes on reshirams or i just just burn your energies on typhlosion. :p You might get couple prizes with paralyze lock but it still won't stop TyphloRam totally.

that's why i need an alternate attacker. I need something that can stand in the face of heavy opposition after the lock breaks. I'm thinking some kinda stage 1 water, but drawing blanks. Carracosta looks like my best choice....

Back