Best moveset for Mega's

dragonsigner

Aspiring Trainer
Mega Gengar: moves on right now: Dazzling Gleam, Sucker punch, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb

Mega Charizard X: moves on right now Fire Fang, Flame Charge, Dragon Claw, Power-Up Punch

Mega Kangaskhan (ability: Scrappy) : Has double hit, Earthquake and Power-Up Punch

Mega Absol (Ability: Super Luck) : Has Bite, Shadow Claw, Quick Attack and pursuit

Mega Manectric (Ability: Static) Has Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, Quick attack and spark

Mega Aggron (Ability: Sturdy) has rock polish, iron defense, earthquake, and take down.

Mega Mewtwo X (have not caught yet)

So what is the best moveset I should run on them?

Personally for my mega kangaskhan I use this:
Revenge Killer
Kangaskhan w/ Kangaskhanite scrappy
252 atk 252 Spd 4 hp
-Power up Punch
-Return
-Fake out/Eq
-Suckerpunch

This set is pretty good, you can easily get a +2 boost while damaging by attacking a pokemon that's setting up, Return is solid STAB and very good, not 1 pokemon has survived one of my +2 Returns. You could use fake out if you want to just get a bit of damage on the other pokemon before you sucker punch. Eq is good coverage and quite strong, I prefer fake out because I use kanga as a revenger but its up to you. Sucker punch is for obvious reasons but don't be fooled if the opponent starts setting up as a ghost, that's another reason Eq is handy.

Although Gengarite is Ubers I still use him in free battles, my set is this:
All Out Attacker
Gengar w/ Gengarite levitate
252 Spatk 252 Spd 4 Def
-Dazzling Gleam
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Thunderbolt/Destiny Bond

I like this set a lot mainly because its good coverage, Dazzling gleam covers a good variety of pokemon and does decent damage, Shadow Ball is his greatest STAB move and benefits a lot from the Sp attack boost when mega evolving, Sludge bomb is quite useful against fairies and grass types, it also gets STAB. Thunderbolt is for Extra Coverage against Water and Flying types but you can switch it out for a destiny bond just in case you know you're going to die,

Hope that helped :D

This is a moveset for Mega Charizard X:
Charizard @ite X
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
Adamant
-Flare Blitz
-Dragon Dance/Roost
-Dragon Claw/Outrage
-Thunderpunch/Earthquake/Roost

Flare Blitz is easily ChariXard's best Fire STAB, DD is nice boosting, I've given the choice between DC and Outrage, because whilst Outrage is crazy powerful, it's easy Fairy bait. And after a couple DD's, Dragon Claw is not exactly weak. The final moveslot is something of a toss up depending on what your team can counter; Thunderpunch gives ChariXard a solid move to hit Azumarill with (who otherwise completely walls it), and Earthquake can hit Heatran.

edit: I've given the Roost option since hard hitting Flare Blitz's aren't gonna keep ChariXard alive for long, but it means you have to sacrifice valuable coverage OR being able to boost.

ThunderPunch isn't bad for Mega Charizard X except that Charizard is only able to learn that move in Gen V via Move Tutor where as you're probably better off with Steel Wing against Fairy Types after you Mega Evolve to cover for weakness. Flare Blitz is a great STAB move for Mega Charizard X except that you'll probably be doing more damage with Fire Punch combined with Tough Claws for 90 Base Power plus STAB which makes that 135 Base Power without recoil damage from Flare Blitz. Roost and Brick Break are other viable options for Mega Charizard X but they aren't needed IMO.

So far it seems like the main checks and counters to Mega Charizard X in Gen 6 are Azumarill and Togekiss which can one shot it with Moonblast hence why you need ThunderPunch to get around them. Also Dragon Claw is probably a much better alternative over Outrage considering that getting yourself locked into it with more Fairy Types becoming OU is a terrible idea. Earthquake does next to nothing this Gen since Electric Types are now immune to Rock and Ground Type moves while Fighting from what I've seen is still super effective against them, so you're better off with ThunderPunch for getting around Azumarril, Togekiss, and some Bulky Water Gyarados sets with Intimidate.

I've been thinking about making a Mega Blastoise Moveset aside from the Mega Charizard X one in my game which I haven't gotten around to yet. But yeah here's the Mega Blastoise moveset I plan on working on with my 5 IV Squirtle:

Blastoise @ Blastoisenite
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Sp. ATK / 4 Sp. DEF
Modest Nature (+ Sp. ATK / - ATK)

* Rapid Spin
* Water Pulse
* Dark Pulse
* Aura Sphere

Ability: Mega Launcher

Card Slinger J said:
Earthquake does next to nothing this Gen since Electric Types are now immune to Rock and Ground Type moves while Fighting from what I've seen is still super effective against them,

Electric types aren't immune to ground or rock type moves, ground types are immune to electric moves and do super effective damage to electric types and rock moves are neutral to electric types, Fighting has also always been neutral to electric types.

I get that but what I'm trying to say is that whenever I used any Ground or Rock Type moves on most Electric Type Pokemon while playing Pokemon X it wasn't super effective at all which was really weird. When I was in the Battle Maison I had my Chesnaught used Stone Edge against my opponent's Manectric and it wasn't super effective at all, I don't understand why.

Card Slinger J said:
I get that but what I'm trying to say is that whenever I used any Ground or Rock Type moves on most Electric Type Pokemon while playing Pokemon X it wasn't super effective at all which was really weird. When I was in the Battle Maison I had my Chesnaught used Stone Edge against my opponent's Manectric and it wasn't super effective at all, I don't understand why.

That's because Manectric, an Electric type, takes neutral damage from Rock moves.

If you'd have used Earthquake, it would've hit it super effectively.

edit: On your Mega Blastoise, I think I've found a mistake; as far as I'm aware of, the only moves Squirtle gets that are affected by Mega Launcher are Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere. (it's also what most Pokemon info sites are aware of it seems)

So I'm trying to create an awesome Mega Banette, but I'm not sure what moves to put on it. This is what I have so far:
Mega Banette
EVs: 252 Attack and Speed, 4 HP
Adamant
Moves:
Phantom Force
Gunk Shot
Sucker Punch
Will o wisp

Banette is somewhat tricky to find the optimal moveset for. I think in general you'll want both Destiny Bond and Will-o-Wisp on your set because these both take full advantage of Prankster. Perhaps try the following:

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia -> Prankster
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Destiny Bond
- Will-o-Wisp
- Phantom Force
- Shadow Sneak / Protect

P.DelSlayer said:
Card Slinger J said:

That's because Manectric, an Electric type, takes neutral damage from Rock moves.

If you'd have used Earthquake, it would've hit it super effectively.

edit: On your Mega Blastoise, I think I've found a mistake; as far as I'm aware of, the only moves Squirtle gets that are affected by Mega Launcher are Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere. (it's also what most Pokemon info sites are aware of it seems)

So Mega Launcher doesn't boost Dark Pulse? Does Water Pulse still get boosted from Mega Launcher cause I assume it would being Mega Blastoise's main STAB. About Manectric I remember on my 1st playthrough of Pokemon X that Bone Rush being a Ground Type move was super effective against it so you're right.

Dark Pulse and Water Pulse are boosted by Mega Launcher, and there is no reason Earthquake would ever hit Manectric neutrally unless it somehow changed its type.

Back