Help Best Heavy Ball Searches?

Anthony Mooney

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys! I just started playing, and I need some help simply finding cards to make a deck with.

Using my experience from other TCGs, Ultra Ball, Heavy Ball, and Nest Ball are of interest to me. Mostly Heavy Ball. Besides Garbodor and Golisopod, what are some utility Pokemon that can be searched with Heavy Ball that have some meta relevance?

Ultimately, I would like to make a Toolbox-Like deck. But my inexperience with actual cards and their abilities is hindering be from doing that. Thank everyone for the suggestions!

You can't get more toolbox than Silvally-GX/Metalbox, and a lot of metal Pokemon have retreat costs of 3 or more which is useful for heavy ball. 4 Ultra balls is standard in every deck and nest ball isn't really used much, but a 1 of or 2 of might work in Silvally/Metal. You can buy a Silvally GX box for about £15-£20/$15-$20 each, which comes with a guaranteed Silvally-GX and a chance to get more. As for Type: Null (necessary to evolve into Silvally-GX), you might have to buy one or two of them separately, as they are fairly difficult to pull from packs I've found. Here is a list with inspiration from the 2nd place international championship one.

3 Type: Null
3 Silvally GX
2 Registeel
2 Celesteela GX
2 Kartana GX
1 Oranguru
1 Dhelmise
2 Tapu Lele GX (Don't buy these straight away as they cost around £40/$50 at minimum, wait until you've got the rest sorted)

4 Sycamore
2 N
2 Cynthia
2 Acerola
2 Guzma
2 Brigette

4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
2 Field Blower
2 Rescue Stretcher
2 Choice Band
1 Fighting Memory
1 Fire Memory

10 Metal Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Feel free to make changes after playing with it a bit, and print off proxies to fill in the gaps. This deck might be a bit pricey, as it will probably cost around £150-£200/$150-$200 in the end (Most decks cost more!) I hope this deck is what you wanted, and good luck with it! You can download the Pokemon TCG app to play online, so you can practice whenever you need, and look up advice on The Official Pokemon Website. I hope the price doesn't put you off, and that I helped you with your queries.

off hand I just thought of Reshiram from Shining Legends, which could work in a Golisopod deck once the f/w/g unit energy comes out as a mirror match or metal counter

Back