BEnB's Art Thread: OldSchool Sprites and iMon: #27-38 Added!

BlueEmboar'n'Bisharp

Bandolen Region coming soon...
Hello, and welcome to my very first art thread!

I will post over time several different things like drawings and such but to start off, here are some old R/G/B/Y/G/S/C Sprites that I have remade to what I call B/W standards.
My goal is to redo at least one sprite of each Pokemon from the second and first generations games.

Here they are:

I also will add some iMon that I make so, here's Blue Emboar and Bisharp: The iMon

*Click on the pictures to see better quality/full pictures! :D
Please feel free to leave comments, I want to know what you think! :p
Enjoy!

BEnB

RE: BEnB's Art Thread: OldSchool Sprites + iMon

Well, I haven't sprited in quite a while now, but hear me out if you wish. The biggest problem with your sprites is what you saved it as. I can't tell what it IS saved as, but I know that it isn't .png, because I can see multiple dots of different shades, mainly within black areas. Always save as .png. The only other thing I noticed was that your outlines are solid black, whereas they should be shaded just like the rest of the sprite. Not to seem like I'm showing off (which I'm not), but here's an example of what I mean from my most recent Revamp:
revamp___parasect_by_honouguma-d425knw.png

Overall, good job, and keep it up!

squirtli said:
Well, I haven't sprited in quite a while now, but hear me out if you wish. The biggest problem with your sprites is what you saved it as. I can't tell what it IS saved as, but I know that it isn't .png, because I can see multiple dots of different shades, mainly within black areas. Always save as .png. The only other thing I noticed was that your outlines are solid black, whereas they should be shaded just like the rest of the sprite. Not to seem like I'm showing off (which I'm not), but here's an example of what I mean from my most recent Revamp:
revamp___parasect_by_honouguma-d425knw.png

Overall, good job, and keep it up!

Actually, they are saved as .png, those little black dots inside the dark area were part of the original sprites. Why? I don't know, that's just the way they were made. As far as the solid black outline, I realize that and am steadily trying to improve my spriting skills.

Thank You for your feedback! :D
Sincerely,
BEnB

squirtli said:
The biggest problem with your sprites is what you saved it as. I can't tell what it IS saved as, but I know that it isn't .png, because I can see multiple dots of different shades, mainly within black areas. Always save as .png.

I thought the same thing until I realized you had to click each sprite so it would take you to its flickr page. I think each dot that you mention is actually part of the sprite, and not due to file artifact.

They look good, BEnB! As squirtli mentioned, the outlines do need to be shaded, but you'll get better with that with practice. Nice job! Some of the old sprites had great poses and it'll be fun to see you revamp them. Keep it up!

CMP said:
I thought the same thing until I realized you had to click each sprite so it would take you to its flickr page. I think each dot that you mention is actually part of the sprite, and not due to file artifact.

They look good, BEnB! As squirtli mentioned, the outlines do need to be shaded, but you'll get better with that with practice. Nice job! Some of the old sprites had great poses and it'll be fun to see you revamp them. Keep it up!

Thanks CMP! Your right, some of them do have great poses (Blastoise, Charizard, etc.).
I aim to please so I will keep going!

Side note: Re-Arranged Sprites above ^

RE: BEnB's Art Thread: OldSchool Sprites(added Caterpie-Raichu)+ iMon(NEW)

Added Ekans and Pikachu lines (except Pichu).
EDIT: Added Pikachu iMon
EDIT#2: 100 Views! Thank You!
Enjoy!

AlienMLC said:
I especially like the Blastoise.

@AlienMLC Thanks! It is absolutely my favorite sprite of all time!

Sorry for the lack of updates, with school now at day 4 its been really hectic here at home!

Back