Bellossom Line from “Ruler of the Black Flame!”

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Bellossom was revealed from the Japanese set SV3 Ruler of the Black Flame, which releases in Japan on July 28th and will form part of our Obsidian Flames set in August.
Oddish – Grass – HP50
Basic Pokémon
[C] Feelin’ Fine: Draw a card.
[G] Stampede: 10 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Gloom – Grass – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Oddish
[C] Tempting Aroma: Switch in 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon to the Active Spot.
[G] Leaf Step: 20 damage.
Weakness: Fire...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Let's just say there's a reason that before Crown Zenith, Bellossom didn't have a printing since XY. I don't know what that reason is, but it never had an intriguing print.

If we went by history of intriguing cards, half the Pokedex wouldn't exist. Plus Bellossom was left out multiple times when the rest of its family got cards. It was very dumb.

I feel like Pokémon should include both vileplume and bellosum when they are making the cards. I think they do the same with Politoad and Poliwrath
FR THO WE HAVENT HAD VILEPLUME SINCE LO IN 2022!!! ITS BEEN ALMOST AN ENTIRE YEAR WITH TWO BELLBLOSSOMS AND NO VILEPLUMES

I like these kind of cards, but it's obviously bad. The last Bellossom was bad too. It seems like most Vileplumes are at least TRYING to be good even if they don't succeed, so it feels a bit unfair. I guess the vast majority of Pokemon printed, especially 1-prize Stage 2s, are incredibly sucky anyway, regardless of if they're trying or not, so maybe I shouldn't care if one unviable Pokemon is worse than another...but I dunno, Vileplume tends to have cool abilities and I can't help but appreciate that.

I might play with this card anyway. I really like this kind of gimmick (I played Maractus a lot). But no way to re-flip in format definitely hurts.

And yeah, idk why Bellossom gets printed so little. Glad they're trying to remedy that, I guess.

Ohh nice, gonna try out a Bellossom x Tropius deck and see how far it can bring me, I only wish it would‘ve been bulkier for a stage 2.

Back