• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Beedrill/Keldeo League Deck

Ambirik

Aspiring Trainer
First real deck idea which I havent stolen from the metagame forum blatantly :) looking for it to be used in league settings on the competitive side

18 Pokemon
  • 4/2/4 Beedrill (3/116 PF)
  • 2/2 Cacturne (10/116 PF)
  • 2 Mr Mime (PF)
  • 2 Keldeo EX
18 Pokemon

32 Trainers
  • 4 Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 3 Catchers
  • 2 Float Stones
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 2 Energy retrieval
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 4 Virbank City Gym
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • Life Dew

10 Energy
  • 10 Grass Energy

Strategy
The general idea is to get beedrill out there and poison+confuse then complement it with hypnotoxic lasers and virbank. Cacturne is in there with mime to get the quick 60 damage off early and then use the 2nd ability if it comes to lategame. Mime is there to protect any weedles or cacnea from being sniped. Keldeo is there as a fire counter and for where brute force is required.

10-cacturne.jpg
3-beedrill.jpg

Seeing as HTL cancels out the Confusion if you hit heads, and you're only going to Poison anyway, it's completely unnecessary to play 4. Maybe 1 or 2.
Similar thing with Float Stone. Maybe just the 1, seeing as Beedrill has free retreat anyways.
Beedrill is meant to be a super-healing deck, ensuring Beedrill never has a single damage counter. So 4 Potion somewhere, and I'd even recommend playing Gold Potion for your Ace Spec. 9 healing cards and you can never go wrong.

Thanks for the feedback, what would you recommend filling the spaces with? potions and a few level balls?

4/2/4 Beedrill (PF)
2/2 Cacturne (PF)

Provide scans for these lines please...

Teal said:
4/2/4 Beedrill (PF)
2/2 Cacturne (PF)

Provide scans for these lines please...

Done and was also considering what if I swapped cacturne for 2 leafeon?
11-leafeon.jpg

Here is what I would do, and I have been thinking about this guy for a while now:

-2/2 Cacturne: You don't need him, and if you are ever in the position to use "Payback", you would lose probably your opponent's next turn just because of his low HP stat, as even with resistance, a Keldeo with three energy OHKOs him.

-4 Hypnotoxic Lasers: Okay, so because of Beedrill's attack poisoning anyway, I wouldn't run these. I would definitely keep the Virbank, however...

-2 Virbank City Gym: ... Not in so many numbers. Granted, you need these, but for consistency's sake, I would take out one or two.

-1 Mime: Having two is overkill when one isn't running Cacturne. I would still keep him, though as your matchup to Darkrai really depends on this guy alone.

-1 Keldeo EX: Having two of them to cover a weakness that isn't really played, even at league, isn't the best play when you don't run energy acceleration. I would simply use one to get rid of poison and sleep when need-be.

-1 Float Stone: As it was stated before, Beedrill actually has free retreat anyway (and it kills me that Electrode doesn't. :p) and with you running one less Keldeo, I would run one less Float Stone as well.

-1 Life Dew: It's okay, but Tool Scrapper makes this card a lot worse, as you can't get it back without the aid of recycle.

-2 Energy: Ten is quite a lot to run in a deck where it only requires one to attack, no?

Subtotal: -16

After that, I would add in these:

+1 Catcher: It's a must to run four in this deck.

+3 Skyla: In Stage two decks, these are musts as they find your Rare Candies, and in this deck especially because they can also find Max Potions. I would definitely run these.

+4 Plus Power: Now, you're thinking to yourself, "What." and I can only respond with a simple word, "OHKO". With a Plus Power and a Virbank in play, you OHKO Keldeo EXs. You only need three to win the game, however running four is for consistency (when one is prized or whatnot) so you can hunt Keldeo's face off.

+1 Dowsing Machine: Now, you need to run this so you can play a fifth Max Potion, fifth Plus Power, fifth Catcher... You get the idea.

+3 Bicycle: In stage two decks, as well as other decks, you run out of stuff quickly. So, with this, say you are N'd to one, and you draw a Skyla. In any other situation, you would be essentially relying on your topdeck or just Skyla-ing for a Juniper. But with this, you can Skyla for a Bicycle and draw up until you have four cards immediately. It's really good.

+2/2 Cherrim: He heals your Beedrill so you can do your attack. Not too much explaining else to go into this, really. Now, you could run other things in this deck, for instance, you could run Clefable if you feel like you're getting slow evolution. You could run several other things, but with this, I feel that it may be a wise choice to run considering it's healing effects.

Subtotal: 16

Now, with this list you turn this deck into a Keldeo Hunter. Kind of like the Titan Hunters on Cybertron during the Great War, but instead of Metroplex you hunt Keldeo. With a Plus Power and a Virbank, Beedrill OHKOs them really, really easily. The only matchup you need to worry about other than the "Okay" Darkrai matchup, is the not good Plasma matchup. But, due to the excessive play Keldeo is getting, I would definitely turn this into a Keldeo Hunter.

As you want Beedril out ASAP wouldn't running Emolga or Shaymin help to get out the weedles?

Back