• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Beautifly / Miltank

Executive_Whale

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 13
  • 4 Wurmple
  • 3 Silcoon
  • 3 Beautifly
  • 3 Miltank
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 Shauna
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Hard Charm
  • 3 Robo Substitute
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Forest of Giant Plants
Energy: 12
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 8 Grass Energy
Strategy:

Hello, I need help with my deck. I'm trying to make a low cost deck that works. I'm not trying to make it some worlds winning deck. The goal of this deck is to get the Beautifly out fast and the Miltank to start hitting for 80 with the Miltank. Or use the Beautifly to take down EX's. The deck just doesn't work now but I think it has some potential. I would love to hear all suggestion and I greatly appreciate them. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The pokemon line looks good. I personally think that the deck needs just a little bit more consistency. you could probably go down to 6 grass as there isn't too high a need for them. also possibly drop the rare candy's as there unaffected by FoGP. And with the extra space add 2 more muscle band, 2 level ball and an energy retrieval. Hope this helped.

The pokemon line looks good. I personally think that the deck needs just a little bit more consistency. you could probably go down to 6 grass as there isn't too high a need for them. also possibly drop the rare candy's as there unaffected by FoGP. And with the extra space add 2 more muscle band, 2 level ball and an energy retrieval. Hope this helped.
Thanks for the suggestion I will definitely try it out in practice. :)

I would recommend that you drop the rare candy line and maybe try 1-2 evosoda. Also a 4th VS seeker might help.
hope this helps :)

Following are some suggested deck changes (building upon some of the earlier comments, but with a bit more detail) for your consideration:

-3 Rare Candy - not really needed given the capability of your Forest of Giant Plants
-1 Ultra Ball - with the inclusion of Level Balls, 4 UBs are not critical
-3 Robo Substitute - these are a very temporary stop-gap, and IMO, is something that a opponent can easily Lysandre around

+3 Unown - provides supplemental card draw (and is a bit "sturdier" that Robo Substitutes) and can still be played should you be Item-locked (unlike Robo Substitute)
+3 Level Balls - to help search and get your Wurmples and Silcoons out faster
+1 Trainer's Mail - to help search for needed Trainer

I hope you find these comments helpful.

My advice to you is to just make beautifly a 4-of, whether that means a 4-4-4 line or a 4-3-4 line.(I would take out robo substitutes for the additional pokemon)

Following are some suggested deck changes (building upon some of the earlier comments, but with a bit more detail) for your consideration:

-3 Rare Candy - not really needed given the capability of your Forest of Giant Plants
-1 Ultra Ball - with the inclusion of Level Balls, 4 UBs are not critical
-3 Robo Substitute - these are a very temporary stop-gap, and IMO, is something that a opponent can easily Lysandre around

+3 Unown - provides supplemental card draw (and is a bit "sturdier" that Robo Substitutes) and can still be played should you be Item-locked (unlike Robo Substitute)
+3 Level Balls - to help search and get your Wurmples and Silcoons out faster
+1 Trainer's Mail - to help search for needed Trainer

I hope you find these comments helpful.
Thank you for the detailed suggestion. I hope to try this deck out in TCG One or Pokémon League. Thanks :)

Back