BCIF & BDIF?

Jace

Aspiring Trainer
What do you guys think for right now?

I assume most people will say Luxray GL X, but I'm still interested in what people say.

And for best deck, I don't want to get into tiers, I just want to know what you guys think the BEST deck is.

Card it's obvious: Roseanne's Research. It's played in every single deck there is. There is no debating, this is end of discussion on BCIF. :p

BDIF, it's hard to say. IMO, it's going to be either BlazeRay, InferRay, or Flygon. [I say Flygon because there are sooo many variants that you can't know what you're going against 'till there set up.] InferRay is great disruption, BlazeRay is great for low energies, and Flygon is fast damage output.

Most likely, the answer is "D, none of the above. :3

1 thing's for sure, at the end of this next format, there will be no BDIF, because 13 sets will provide enough counters to everything. >_> [Roseanne's will still be BCIF. <3]

Well, if you are talking BDIF by worlds standards, and since certain people think that Masters are the best, and so only their decks are the best *coughcoughdarthpikacoughcough*, Speedrill would be BDIF. Only if you count worlds. There is no BDIF. There may be good decks now, but we ma discover some godly, broken, unstoppable cards, or even have them, and they have un-tapped potential that is to great to understand. We may get a card, and it pairs so well with an older card that we realize its fantastic. But thats just me. and yes, Roseannes is prolly BCIF. Or energy, they are pretty good to. Lol.

I'll have to disagree. I think Claydol's BCIF. You'll never deck yourself, and you constantly be cycling though your deck, getting the cards you want. But yeah, you do have a viable arguement.

As for BDIF... I'll go with Blazeray.

Well it doesn't need to see play. We've seen Luxape and what it can do, now take Blazeiken, a superior card to Infernape, and you should have one of the best decks. Honestly, I wouldn't say there's an unstoppable deck but if I had to choose one it'd be Blazeray, with Beedrill coming in a close 2nd. The only other deck with true potential is Palkia lock, though at a BRs level anything can win.

just because beedrill won worlds doesn't make it bdif...

just had the best luck in format

Seth1789110 said:
Well, if you are talking BDIF by worlds standards, and since certain people think that Masters are the best, and so only their decks are the best *coughcoughdarthpikacoughcough*, Speedrill would be BDIF. Only if you count worlds. There is no BDIF. There may be good decks now, but we ma discover some godly, broken, unstoppable cards, or even have them, and they have un-tapped potential that is to great to understand. We may get a card, and it pairs so well with an older card that we realize its fantastic. But thats just me. and yes, Roseannes is prolly BCIF. Or energy, they are pretty good to. Lol.

Look kid. I'm getting REALLY tired of you bashing me JUST because you don't like to face the facts.

No, Speedrill is NOT BDIF. There is no BDIF.

For the record, EVERYONE uses masters when figuring out what the BDIF is. IT'S NOT JUST ME WHO DOES THIS GENIUS.

Yes, Luxray is BCIF, no it isn't BDIF. Why? Because BDIF implies that the deck is focused on Luxray. Luxray is almost never used as the focus, and even when it is IMO it's not BDIF. Stop being stupid, and please leave me alone.

Also... Why the heck has everyone forgotten about Luxray with Palkia so soon? Are you all that hyped up on Blazeray that you've forgotten the deck that was probably one of the top 2 decks in the format?

DarthPika said:
Also... Why the heck has everyone forgotten about Luxray with Palkia so soon? Are you all that hyped up on Blazeray that you've forgotten the deck that was probably one of the top 2 decks in the format?

It just seems a little superfluous. You're switching things out, but you can already snipe for 80 with Palkia G.

There's just better things for Luxray to be pals with.

Medaforcer, do not forget that Luxray's self-damaging effect can be played around with by virtue of Lost Cyclone. That helps a lot.
Also, after a few Pearl Breaths, things can get into Luxray picking-off range pretty easily.

But I'm not a huge Palkia fan myself. I'm leaning more towards Garchomp varieties.

Lou Cypher said:
Medaforcer, do not forget that Luxray's self-damaging effect can be played around with by virtue of Lost Cyclone. That helps a lot.
Also, after a few Pearl Breaths, things can get into Luxray picking-off range pretty easily.

But I'm not a huge Palkia fan myself. I'm leaning more towards Garchomp varieties.

Ok, Ill give you lost cyclone, but the same effect can be achieved with poketurns (albeit much more limited).

As for after a few Pearl Breaths, Palkia G can handle that much on his own. I mean, I'm sure you'll have a Hydro Shot charged up and ready to go after a few breaths anyways.

But no, the combination is by no means bad.

Mr. Random said:
I'll have to disagree. I think Claydol's BCIF. You'll never deck yourself, and you constantly be cycling though your deck, getting the cards you want. But yeah, you do have a viable arguement.

Decking yourself should only be a problem against deck destruction decks. And what is one of the abilities of those? They destroy your deck. There's nothing in Claydol that stops your cards from being discarded, he only stops your own draw-greed if your hand is too full.
Also Claydol is one of the things that make LuxApe/BlazeRay so good. They pull it forward for a cheap KO or spread, and you can't do anything because of the 2 retreat.
BCIF is Relicanth SV. It destroyed BlazeRay during Japanese Nats, and is extremely handy now that Unown G and Energy Gain are so popular.

I agree with Darth Pika. Palkia G Lv.X is great with Luxray GL Lv.X. Abusing Lost Cyclone and you have the edge on other Palkia varients, leads to a great deck.

Mr. Random said:

Umm, excuse me, you'll never deck yourself? You put down less cards than you draw, so you do start to deck yourself after a while, plus, you're forgetting that most SP decks do not run Claydol at all. LuxApe sometimes does, but mostly not.

Seth1789110 said:

does anyone honestly think seniors or juniors are the best

seriously

bcif: your favorite flavour of basic energy card

Seth1789110 said:

LOL

Masters are the best. I'm a senior, and i'm definitely willing to admit that.

There isn't a BDIF, but there is a deck that's gonna be played the most! That's definitely and probably gonna be a Luxray GL LV.X variant.

I'm gonna disagree with the BCIF. I don't judge a card on how "good" it is. Sure, Luxray's Poke-Power PWNs small children in their sleep. BUT, with a Power Spray, it isn't that awesome anymore. Flash Impact isn't great, doing 30 to your own Pokemon.

I think a Trainer card deserves the BCIF slot: PokeTurn. It's the fire when roasting a marshmallow. It's the denim in jeans. You can't have one without the other. An SP deck, (LuxApe, Gallade, etc.) can't go without PokeTurn. I rest my case.

Just kidding. Uxie's decent too, but again, Power Spray. I rest my case for real this time.

Pure speculation and opinion here.

BCIF - Luxray GL Lv.x
BDIF - Blazeray

Sure, it's too early to tell, but whatever. This thread shouldn't have been made yet if it wasn't for speculation. ;p

dmaster out.

The thing is that SPs only make up about 40-60% of the decks and Gengar probably won't see as much play if people are smart. IMO, a BCIF should be a card used in every deck. That's Roseanne's Research because I've seen some strange SP decks and some decks with a heavy Claydol line work without Uxie. Or those crazy rogues like Houndoom. And Flygon can't use Luxray GL LV. X. And without support it isn't a good card. However, I've never seen a deck work without Roseanne's Research. As far as BDIF, honestly there isn't one. If there were a clear one, it would have taken all of the worlds divisions because so many people would have played it. Honestly, I'd say the safest play is Beedrill as it can win any game from the heavy damage. However, it is by no means the BDIF. It still has some bad matchups and won't get setup on rare occasion. It also lacks the tricks that SP decks and Flygon have and relies heavily on Claydol.

Luxray can almost be teched in a lot of decks. Flygon doesn't really have enough room though...But in Legos, it could easily fit in. We've seen it in Beedrill. Gengar is an option, so is Machamp (not GeChamp obviously). Any deck could use a free Gust of Wind if it benefits the deck. If it can fit in Crobat+Poke Turn, all the power to them. Those are also good cards that could be teched.

dmaster out.

Back