Back to Basics Project: Now with Base Set 2!

RE: Back to Basics Project: Set 5 Complete!

Have you considered using LackeyCCG? I've personally looked into using it for the Acanthite TCG, and it looks as if inserting a few 20-card sets into the existing Pokemon plugin shouldn't be too difficult.

RE: Back to Basics Project: Complete!

Celebi23 said:
No. A Supporter must be X-Compatible for X-Transceiver to search it. None of the Supporters pre-Lost Legends are X-Compatible.

That's unfortunate...but then again, Lost Legends has many viable Trainers.

Kam said:
Have you considered using LackeyCCG? I've personally looked into using it for the Acanthite TCG, and it looks as if inserting a few 20-card sets into the existing Pokemon plugin shouldn't be too difficult.
O_O

You have my eternal gratitude. :)

where do we post our deck ideas?

Seven more remade cards! :)

2vkdcvd.png
166itg5.png
2i0yy50.png
2uqbo07.png
2qlxrpd.png
kxp94.png
1zgbxa1.png

And here I was thinking all our hard work had gone to waste... looks like this idea hasn't died off after all. Well, I'm back if you still need help Celebi.

RE: Back to Basics Project: Now with Reactive Relations!

Updated with Set #6: Reactive Relations!

Certainly a lot of new decks are made possible by these new cards, I'll have to make a new deck for r1 of the back2basics tournament =p

I as well. Gallade EX is Incredible. I'm thinking Gallade/Jellicent

Wait until you guys see the next set if you think this one is good. :O

I noticed that larpas = clamperl, huntail = frillish, and gorebyss = jellicent and Castform doesn't appear to be present in the set at all in the lackeyccg set?

Oops, when I was setting up the new patch for people to download, I mixed an old text file with the most recent image files. It gets pretty confusing when you have 5 different folders with the same name saved in various places on your computer. You'll probably notice a few other minor errors on the cards' text with that version. For example, Electivire's power is probably messed up. Anyway, everything should be fixed now and the new patch is available for download.

Nope. The card is correct.

Geez, Celebi, I thought you wanted to cut down on hyper-efficient draw/search supporters? Wasn't that the reason you started this project? That and getting rid of extremely overpowered EX creatures. This doesn't look very different from the real sets.

Uh, the supporters I've released so far are the exact same ones we worked on.

Consistency is a good thing. Cards like these have been in the game since base set, and they have been for a reason. Players like being able to get the cards they want to play with out in a reasonable time frame every game.

And actually, Venusaur-EX is significantly less powerful than the regular Sceptile we had worked on that you liked so much.

I started this project to create a more balanced format with less big-basic dominance, not a more luck-based format.

Dammit, my program isn't downloading properly! This seems like its so much fun!

nabby101 said:
Geez, Celebi, I thought you wanted to cut down on hyper-efficient draw/search supporters? Wasn't that the reason you started this project? That and getting rid of extremely overpowered EX creatures. This doesn't look very different from the real sets.

Well, it really isn't hyper-efficient supporters because for example, Skyla, which is like Pokemon Collector, except that you only get two Basics, and not three. Also, to be honest, about 90% of all the cards are competitively viable in some way. In the real sets, only about 5-15% are viable, and they're mostly Supporters and Trainers (and Skyarrow Bridge). Finally, do you see any Basic with more than 80 HP? Exactly.

Frillish says:

"Once during your turn (before your attack) if this pokemon has no React Energy attatched to it, you may search your discard pile for a React Energy and attatch it to this pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterward. This power can't be used if this pokemon is affacted by a special condition."

So which is it? Do you search the deck or discard with this ability?
If it's deck then my deck idea falls apart...

Back