• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Baby Ray's Revenge! (Rayquaza LTR / Druddigon FLF / Altaria BCR)

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
A little something I whipped up for the new format. It can put pressure on early and has the snowball effect of Garchomp/Altaria. (R.I.P. Dragon Call Gabite) Though this is meant for some Leagues and Challenges in the early season, I would greatly appreciate some help to get this to a higher level of play.

Pokemon:16

• 4 Swablu LTR
    4 Altaria BCR
    4 Rayquaza LTR
    2 Druddigon FLF
    2 Victini EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30

• 4 Professor Juniper
    3 N
    2 Colress
    1 Lysandre

4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Muscle Band
    3 Switch
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Sacred Ash
    1 Pal Pad
    1 Energy Retrieval
    1 Dowsing Machine
    2 Virbank City Gym
Energy: 14

• 6 Fire
    5 Lightning
    3 Double Colorless

Strategy:
I originally planned this as a Latias-EX deck, although I had Baby Ray in my mind as well. However, I quickly switched up to a Rayquaza deck as it only gives up one prize and is capable of fairly good early game damage, not to mention doing more damage for the same amount of energy.

Pretty standard in concept for a Dragon deck, this seeks to rack up early damage with Rayquaza while setting up as many Altaria as possible. Dealing 40 for one Ray's damage starts snowballing quickly for every boost, dealing a maximum of 170 with all Altaria, a Muscle Band and LaserBank. Use Shred when possible (also the deck's Pyroar/Safeguard out) to deal better damage, up to 220. Rayquaza can pick up easy 1st-turn going second KO's on non-EX basics with Dragon Pulse and a Band, causing harm to Stage 2 decks, and possibly donking them (Donkquaza).

Druddigon becomes pretty scary with Altaria, itself reaching 220 damage maximum with Revenge assuming a previous turn KO. In general, though, it is used primarily as a one-two punch with Rayquaza to get a favorable prize trade against EX-heavy decks.

Victini-EX is used as an attacker in the Virizion/Genesect match-up, as well an energy accelerator when rushing out Baby Ray's Shred becomes a priority, such as against Pyroar. It is used sparingly in other situations due to its frailty. Such as discard fodder. XD

A one-of Pal Pad, Sacred Ash and Energy Retrieval is used in hopes of Rayquaza not milling out all the Supporters, Altaria and Energy in my deck with Dragon Pulse.

That's basically it. I wish Level Ball was around for BCR-on, as it would raise the early speed of the deck drastically, but oh well. Any comments or criticism would be great, thanks. :)

This seems like a great idea, you have a Pyroar counter and Baby Ray was a great idea. In theory, you could tech in a 1-0-1 Garchomp if you really wanted to. This seems like a great deck and I hope you succeed with it.

Back