Wi-Fi Trades B/W Breeding thread

BananaCorn

I don't exist
I've just finished the game, now I'm looking to start breeding my competitive team.

I have Ditto, Everstone, and Volcarona (for Flame Body, I'm assuming that this still works in this generation)

The thing is, I've read that whether or not an egg forms is based on how many times you change route. I don't know how true this is, so if anyone can comfirm that, that'd be great.

Basically, what I've resorted to doing is putting my Pokemon in the daycare, bike to the sandstorm route, bike back, and pick up my egg. I repeat this until I have the nature I want.

My purpose for creating this thread is for us to share how we all breed on Black and White, ask questions, post tips, and whinge about how long it takes (lol).

It's not based on changing Routes. I've heard that it's steps taken but who really cares. The best Route I've found to bike down is the one on Route 3 because when you pass by the Old Man, he says whether or not he's got an Egg for you. Quite handy considering there's no app that you can use in the game that lets you know when there's an Egg waiting for you.

dmaster out.

I agree with dmaster I use the same route. I have a magmar with flame body and I get on the bike for super quick hatches.

I agree with dmaster too, and when I get the amount of eggs that I want, I bike to Skyarrow Bridge and then bike up and down it until my eggs hatch (or, if I only have a 20 percent change of getting an Egg every 256 (I think that that was the number in DP, not to sure about Black/White.), I sometimes bike to Skyarrow Bridge and then bike up and down it before I get the Egg(s).)

But like you, I use a Lavervesta for it's Flame Body!

I think for B/W It changed from 256 because I was hatching treecko and the guy only gave me two eggs and after I managed to hatch them he never gave me more for some reason so i just stopped breeding treecko. :/

sageuchiha said:
I think for B/W It changed from 256 because I was hatching treecko and the guy only gave me two eggs and after I managed to hatch them he never gave me more for some reason so i just stopped breeding treecko. :/

:( Thats a shame. If you can remember, what did the Day Care Man say to you after he says "Your (Pokemon) and (Pokemon) are doing just fine." please? That will demermine the percentage of getting an Egg every what I thought was 256 (and depending what answer you give me to the question that I ask, I might be right or wrong) steps please?

Mmmmm well he said "they don't seem to like eachother much" the thing is it was the same for chikorita and he still gave me like 4 eggs at about the same rate!

sageuchiha said:
Mmmmm well he said "they don't seem to like eachother much" the thing is it was the same for chikorita and he still gave me like 4 eggs at about the same rate!

It is also about luck too. This has happened to me many times when he says that too. (You have a 20% chance of getting an Egg every 256 steps when he says that by the way.) I could go past him twice when he says that and obtain two Eggs, or I could be waiting ages and ages for him to obtain just one Egg when he says that! Madness sometimes, eh?

I haven't tried breeding in this game yet, I'm too focused on training for the Elite Four. Maybe after I beat them and explore the right side of the map, I might wind up settling down to breed and EV train pokemon for Competive Play. Also, what exactly does the Everstone do while breeding? Doesn't it pass down the nature of the mother or non-ditto?

The elite four is bust in my opinion a good leveled scraggy with a good movest and if you found a axew early on too....this elite four doent ave much variety :/ the champ has a balanced team but not the four.

I just had my Larvesta egg hatch, took one step, and had another egg hatch from my party. :D

And just in case you guys don't wanna wait for Larvesta and it's Flame Body, you can catch a Litwick that has one. That's what I'm using now.

BigUm said:
I just had my Larvesta egg hatch, took one step, and had another egg hatch from my party. :D

Thats happened to me before too! :D The world of Egg hatching is great sometimes, isn't it?!

Mizugorou said:
BigUm said:

Thats happened to me before too! :D The world of Egg hatching is great sometimes, isn't it?!
O_O me too! And only in this generation which is also weird

It's some kind of weird glitch in the 5th Gen games. Something with putting the Egg in the box resets the steps or something like that. I can't quite remember, but yeah.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
It's some kind of weird glitch in the 5th Gen games. Something with putting the Egg in the box resets the steps or something like that. I can't quite remember, but yeah.

dmaster out.

Yikes! Thanks for the warning! I noticed something a bit similar in my Japanese HeartGold game, but that was when you put the Egg(s) into a box, and then decide to use a Pokemon with Flame Body at the top of your party. :(

Everstone makes it like a 50% chance of passing on the nature.

I'm pretty sure it works on ditto, because I used it to get Jolly Ninjasks and Garchomp

Okay, so I bred for my what should have been 31 iv litwick in special attack and speed, but My lit wick is now level 35 and it has a speed iv of 8. Wtf is up with that?

The only way to get an accurate IV reading is to take it from level 100.

Well, it's the most accurate way.

ditto is bad to use in breeding unless you don't your pokemon to learn a certain move when breed

The Best Way To Get The Right IV u Want Is To Catch The Male Father With The IV u Wanted Then Breed It With An Everstone

WhimsicottSubMan said:
ditto is bad to use in breeding unless you don't your pokemon to learn a certain move when breed

The Best Way To Get The Right IV u Want Is To Catch The Male Father With The IV u Wanted Then Breed It With An Everstone

I'm quite curious to know, does it matter what gender Pokemon holds the Everstone please?

Back