Awesome Booster Draft Report

grantm1999

VileGar
Hey guys, today I went to a Draft and thought I'd write a report on it.
I went to a prerelease last week and went 5-0 and won with mono-Heatmor, so I wanted to do that again. However, I didn't pull or draft a single Heatmor! However, in my 5 packs, I pulled a Cobalion EX AND a Scramble Switch! Bo$$_89 pulled Shiny Blastoise and Victory Piece! This is what my deck was like

1 Patrat (Collect)
2 Rotom
1 Durant (Search)
1 Cobalion EX
5-2 Garbodor (apparently that's allowed, both the Biosmog Garbodor)
2-2-1 Infernape
1 Bouffalant- 18 Pokemon

1 Scramble Switch
1 Colress
1 Hypnotoxic Laser
1 Virbank City Gym- 4 Trainers

6 Lightning
4 Psychic
4 Fire
4 Metal- 18 Energy
Bo$$_89 was playing mono-Heatmor, my friend Blaine was playing almostmono-Heatmor, and my friend Ben was playing Articuno EX/Magnetons/Vanilluxe/Water stuff. Blaine put in a Zubat with Free Flight in his Heatmor deck top help against the mirror and I told him not to!
He went 0-4 because he started with Zubat in EVERY GAME and couldn't do anything!!!

Round 1 vs.Blaine
He starts Zubat and can't do anything because his deck is: 1 Heatmor, some Trainers, a TON of Energy, and a Zubat. lol
1-0
Round 2 vs. Water/Giratina
I get both Garbodors and a Cobalion out while he just slowly sets up Giratina and Swinub. He put four Energy on Swinub and never got its evolution! I win because his only viable attacker was Giratina in that game.
2-0
Round 3 vs. Ben
He gets a better start than I because he starts setting up with Rotom abnd I have to keep using Collect. I eventually Slam him and then finish it with Scramble Switch + Monferno. I then keep collecting and start powering up Cobalion EX.

He is hesitant to come in with Articuno EX because he thinks Cobalion's attack gets doubled because of Weakness. Eventually, I think he is holding on to a Plasma Energy to paralyze my Cobalion so I start Biosmogging. Well, I can't retreat so he Blizzards. That puts my benched Trubbish at 50 damage because of bizzare events earlier where I attacked with Trubbish and got attacked back. He has two prizes left and both my Trubbish and Garbodor are in KO range from Blizzard.

I topdeck Garbodor to prevent that from happening and I win from there thanks to Cobalion because I had one prize left when that happened.
3-0 (I bet that was really confusing to read sorry if I wasn't very clear but it was a really close game)

Round 4 vs. Fighting/Water
I was the only undefeated so I got downpaired. I'd probably win the tourney if I won or lost this match but still might not. He goes first and starts with Rufflet to my Trubbishes. He gets 2 heads on T2 Incessant Peck and then I evolve and Biosmog. He gets one heads before I KO him. Then he BubbleBeams me with Lotad and I think he gets tails so I Biosmog. He then KOs me. I bring in Rotom and start Electribonusing and he dies from posion.

He doesn't get much so I Electribonus until I have 2 Energy on my benched Bouffalant. Then he kicks me with Riolu and I attach to Bouffalant and Scramble Switch to KO his Riolu. Game changer, he would've had the Fighting Energy + Lucario next turn. He didn't get anything from there.
4-0 Woo Hoo! I won! From my participation single pack I pulled Victini EX and didn't pull much from my 2 packs for winning. Also, I got a bunch of Plasma packs from the PTO who is the vendor and didn't pull anything. Bo$$_89 and Ben also got a decent amount of packs from the PTO/vendor. They didn't pull anything either! Half a box went by without any Ultra Rares! I did a some trading so that was cool. From trades I got 3 Virbank, a Dowsing Machine, and a Gabodor DRX.

Alright thanks for reading I'm glad the pulls today made up for my lack of at the Prerelease last week! I now have every Ace Spec from this set!!!

I can't believe that we didn't pull anything out of all those packs...

grantm1999 said:
my friend Blaine was playing almostmono-Heatmor

I find it hilarious that someone named Blaine was playing a pure Fire deck :p

Anyway, nice job on doing well. Sorry about the pulls, someone at my draft pulled 3 EX's out of their prize packs >_<

Nice job, and nice pulls too. So what's up with the 5-2 Garbodor line? You had 5 Trubbish and 2 Biosmog Garbodor? Why exactly was that allowed, and were the Trubbish different Trubbish, or the same one?

Machamp the Champion said:
Nice job, and nice pulls too. So what's up with the 5-2 Garbodor line? You had 5 Trubbish and 2 Biosmog Garbodor? Why exactly was that allowed, and were the Trubbish different Trubbish, or the same one?

In limited format you are allowed more than four copies of a card.

Blah said:
grantm1999 said:
my friend Blaine was playing almostmono-Heatmor

I find it hilarious that someone named Blaine was playing a pure Fire deck :p

Anyway, nice job on doing well. Sorry about the pulls, someone at my draft pulled 3 EX's out of their prize packs >_<

Yeah lol I never thought about that w/Blaine and almostmono-Heatmor. Why are you sorry about the pulls? Out of 8 packs from the draft I got Cobalion EX, Victini EX, and Scramble Switch.

So are you saying that someone got 3 EXs out of 3 packs? Because it would be AWESOME to be that guy. What lucksack.

Anyone wanna explain how Booster Drafts go? I've never been to one, my first is tomorrow (2/13/13).

Back