Avatars and art. Closed. Use new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Avatars and art. Read the rules. Deoxys Attack Forme added.

I'll be using Deoxys Attack Form, it possesses high levels of awesomeness.

O.O Chansey and Golbat are really good! Magby's mouth is a little weird, but for some odd feeling I can't explain, MUK takes the steal for the best Pokemon in the last six you've done. :) Deoxys is in second. Sweet pose.

I'm going to be using Golbat for now. All the new avatars are great!
Thanks!

Daren said:
I'll be using Deoxys Attack Form, it possesses high levels of awesomeness.

Okay.

And to Gliscor, Sweet Dawn Berlitz, and EspeonROX: Thanks.

And to Ampha-pwn77: No problem.
---

Added Jynx and Machoke to the first post. I have one more to add, but it has to wait.

RE: Avatars and art. Read the rules. Jynx and Machoke added.

Il be using the jolteon, Btw as usual awesome avatars.

I would suggest a new Flygon, its not I want one or anything :p

Jynx and Machoke is good. Jynx, however, the body work seems to match Jynx.

Just wondering, and no rush or anything, but do you know when Gliscor v.2 will be done (or started)?

You should have linked to Machoke first so Jynx would look like she's pointing at him.

What's up with that pose, anyway? :3

Eh...Jynx's pose is a bit weird, but it's good. Nice job with Machoke as well.

I wanna suggest a new Dragonite avatar. The one right now looks so not according to him. I mean, he should look mad, but not like that xD

kashmaster said:
Il be using the jolteon, Btw as usual awesome avatars.

I would suggest a new Flygon, its not I want one or anything :p

Okay. As for Flygon, I've had a sketch made for a while now, but I'm not sure I like it anymore. I'll be working on artwork tonight (well, I do every night, but still), so I'll see if I can mess around with the sketch to see if it can become something I like.

And to Gliscor: The new Gliscor will be getting worked on tonight, though I may only get the sketch done (or nothing at all), so soon, hopefully.

And to PMJ: I'm not sure what made me go with the "Oh, look! It's GOJIRA!" pose, but I just did. Maybe pointing to the sky in a sort of diva move, or something? *Shrugs* Not sure. xD I just wanted to get Jynx done and out of the way.

And to Sweet Dawn Berlitz: Thanks.

And to Adrialberto: Well, I don't plan on getting to a new Dragonite any time soon, but I might get randomly inspired one day and make a v.2. At this time, though, I don't see a v.2 happening.

RE: Avatars and art. Read the rules. Chansey, Golbat, Magby, Muk, Drowzee added.

Xous said:
Well, here's a guide I wrote a while ago about how I do it. Basically, yeah, I start at a huge size, color it in, and then resize it to whatever size I need. I do draw other things besides this, too. :3 I make things like Guilty Gear artwork, Doom artwork, and more. Those can all be seen on my Deviantart account. I also do physical art (paintings, sketches, etc.), and I'm strongest in watercolors and colored pencils at the moment. I want to try oil paints, but I've never been able to.

Sweet. Interesting to really see how different artists do different things. You use Sharpie, though? It doesn't bleed? I know I'm getting quite silly, but what specific weight of paper do you use? I'm using 20 lb. paper and it's driving me BATTY with the way it makes my Microns bleed. :B
Definitely watch'd. ;D
Haha, I love colored pencils, but watercolors...not my strong point. I don't have the patience for how fast they dry up and you can't really do anything about it except paint over it. And oils are reallllly costly, but I've learned a lot from messing around with them and applying the painting method (dark to colors to brights to lights to whites). I think it helps if you really get into digital painting. Especially because you can real-life smudge colors together on an oil painting. (It takes a long time to dry though.)
I do suggest it if you do get the chance. (That's my biased opinion XD)

And yeah, I can do the Sugimori human style just as well as the Pokémon style. :3 Though, I don't get to use it as much as the Pokémon style. Here's an example:

Nekoban Ryo's character.

Ohhhh, awesome. :D I'd be interested in seeing more, if you have more. (I dug through DA but I couldn't find any :X)

xD Photobucket has been a real pain to me over the years. When I first started making all these avatars (back when Photobucket had all normal accounts with 50GB of bandwidth), I could easily fit them all onto one account. After I started making more (and after I learned my massive movie .gif sigs killed my bandwidth), I moved to a second account (still when it was 50GB bandwidth), just to make sure I could hold an equal amount of avatars on each account and keep the bandwidth from going over. It worked like a charm, and I had no problem staying under 50GB. Then, Photobucket pulled the braindead card and reduced the bandwidth of all normal accounts to 10GB, so now I have to go between three accounts for all the avatars... I wish they would have kept it at 50GB, and I'd be fine.

Ouch, that does stink. >< ...have you ever thought about hosting them on your DA in your scraps (at least for the larger body pics?) It takes a good bit of digging to get into scraps, and it may help with the bandwidth a wee bit.

Anyways, is it just me, or is Jynx using Nasty Plot? |3

RE: Avatars and art. Read the rules. Chansey, Golbat, Magby, Muk, Drowzee added.

Crystal Hikara said:
Sweet. Interesting to really see how different artists do different things. You use Sharpie, though? It doesn't bleed? I know I'm getting quite silly, but what specific weight of paper do you use? I'm using 20 lb. paper and it's driving me BATTY with the way it makes my Microns bleed. :B
Definitely watch'd. ;D
Haha, I love colored pencils, but watercolors...not my strong point. I don't have the patience for how fast they dry up and you can't really do anything about it except paint over it. And oils are reallllly costly, but I've learned a lot from messing around with them and applying the painting method (dark to colors to brights to lights to whites). I think it helps if you really get into digital painting. Especially because you can real-life smudge colors together on an oil painting. (It takes a long time to dry though.)
I do suggest it if you do get the chance. (That's my biased opinion XD)

Ohhhh, awesome. :D I'd be interested in seeing more, if you have more. (I dug through DA but I couldn't find any :X)

Ouch, that does stink. >< ...have you ever thought about hosting them on your DA in your scraps (at least for the larger body pics?) It takes a good bit of digging to get into scraps, and it may help with the bandwidth a wee bit.

Anyways, is it just me, or is Jynx using Nasty Plot? |3

Oh... I'm not sure what weight paper I use... D: All I know is it's regular 8.5"x11" printer paper.

I think the only other Sugimori-style humans I have is that Cyrus in the "Cyrus at Spear Pillar" piece, and then the male and female DPPt protagonists and their rival, though I don't have the art on this computer. ^_^; (Plus, they're pretty old.)

xD And I guess that's a good way to think about the Jynx pose. I'll go with that.

And to mariomaniac: Okay.
---

Added Gliscor v.2 and Flygon v.2 to the first post. I'm not too fond of the Flygon, but... At least I got it done, I guess.

RE: Avatars and art. Read the rules. Flygon v.2 and Gliscor v.2 added.

<3

I. Use. Gliscor.

I'm gonna use Flygon, thanks!

I'm going to use Lugia avatar. Thanks!

I'm Using Pikachu Chisrtmas Pikachu

Nice poses for the updated Flygon and Gliscor. Good job, as always, Xous.

Personally, I don't like the new Flygon. I wish he was doing something that portrayed his beastliness rather than stare at the sky in awe.

Gliscor is just OK. 3/5. Nothing too special about this one. It is better than the first one, I'll give you that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back