• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Aurorus / Samurott

DeepSleepDarkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 4-4 Aurorus Furious Fist
    3-2-3 Samurott Legendary Treasures
    2-2 Milotic Flashfire
    1 Keldeo EX Boundaries Crossed
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Hard Charm
    3 Rare Candy
    4 N
    2 Professor Juniper
    3 Fossil Researcher
    4 Ultra Ball
    2 Training Center
    1 Startling Megaphone
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 Potion
    1 Gold Potion
Energy:

• 11 Water

Strategy:
This deck has a little bit different strategy in that it tries to block a bulk of damage received thanks to the abilities of Aurorus and Samurott.

So, let me know what you think and what I can do to improve the deck. Thanks in advance.

RE: Aurorus

I was actually considering aurorus with something like Ludicolo PLS that heals 20 damage between turns. So basically once set up you can reduce damage by 100 and then heal 20 between turns, do 70 damage + confusion if you discard energy. I cant imagine how hard it would be to knock out Ludicolo if it would take 230 damage to OHKO it and if you dont it heals 40 hp before it gets back to your opponents turn to attack. The addition of training center also makes it kinda funny.

considering most of my deck ideas for aurorus decks are not rdy. ill just list some pokemon who i went through and thought i had potential with aurorus.

Furfrou XY

non ex basic pokemon with 20 dmg reduction ability and 90 hp. also being completely colorless makes it fairly easily splashable for aurorus decks. its 3 colorless attack is also synergistic by having a energy discard effect on heads. fighting weakness is a big annoyance though.

Hariyama FuF

the only pokemon with 30 dmg reduction as long as it has a water or fire energy. attack is fairly mediocre, but do note that its a fighting type for all the fighting goodies so boosting will be a bit easier + korrina for skyla on crack.

Goodra FF

this is mostly on its ability to heal 60 hp anytime by discarding an attached energy. needing a fairy/water/colorless for a fairly mediocre attack can be real pain to maintain its energy with all the energy and on top of being stage 2..

Seismitoad EX and Trevenant can be considered for locking potential.

Jirachi EX can also be considered to make it easier to get those early fossil researchers. obvious probem being if it dies its 2 free prizes,

on the general problem of the deck.

Garbotoxin garbodor

you need add some hate for it or otherwise its completely going to shutdown your aurorus bench + reduction ability.

lysandre/pokemon catcher/startling megaphone/ mewtwo ex are probably the best bets and even then its gonna be a pain to deal with.

there was also a mon with an attack effect(i think) that makes it immune to pokemon with abilities. should be considered with this deck

jellybat said:
Furfrou XY

Hariyama FuF

Goodra FF

and Trevenant can be considered for locking potential.

Jirachi EX can also be considered to make it easier to get those early fossil researchers. obvious probem being if it dies its 2 free prizes,

Aurorous' ability only applies to water pokemon that have water energy.

GadgetJax said:
jellybat said:
Furfrou XY

Hariyama FuF

Goodra FF

and Trevenant can be considered for locking potential.

Aurorous' ability only applies to water pokemon that have water energy.

you are right. i thought the only condition was water energy. thats a bummer..

i would suggest 1 or 2 suicune in the deck. I just tossed one together just now and played a few rounds. The suicune is what won it for me.

i checked what the mon that had the immunity to pokemon with abilities. it was latias EX PF. considering its attack needs a fair investment i dont consider it attacking a too often. but its definately going to wall you. spinning turn donphan and palkia ex decks might run 1 of it

Back