TCG Fakes Attix's TF2 Mercs-GX!

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
I was interested in making some card fakes, so after learning some photoplasty, I present to you Pokémon-GX... featuring the mercenaries from Team Fortress 2 instead of regular Pokémon!

Obviously, these are in no way serious fakes, although I will try to make them at least look playable. All images are sourced from official Valve material, mostly Meet the Team videos.

Anyway, please enjoy these abominations! And speaking of abominations, here's the first one up:

bzdSNOd.png

Edit: Uploaded incomplete draft by mistake

Last edited:

that ivy guy

Aspiring Trainer
This looks really novel! A few tips: looks like you missed some "é" in Pokémon in the Ability; "including damage" doesn't need parentheses (instead, it's surrounded by commas); status conditions like Burned are capitalized; Knocked Out is also capitalized; Special Conditions is capitalized and should be plural in that context; (You can't use more than one GX attack in a game) should be italicized. Phew! Lots of nitpicks, but really good quality for a first fake. (Is the illustration from Meet the Pyro?) Maybe fix some balance—that Ability looks super OP. This thread has all the little grammar tidbits like that for future reference. Mind you, these are only really important if you plan on participating in the contests or otherwise making fully convincing fakes.

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
This looks really novel! A few tips: looks like you missed some "é" in Pokémon in the Ability; "including damage" doesn't need parentheses (instead, it's surrounded by commas); status conditions like Burned are capitalized; Knocked Out is also capitalized; Special Conditions is capitalized and should be plural in that context; (You can't use more than one GX attack in a game) should be italicized. Phew! Lots of nitpicks, but really good quality for a first fake. (Is the illustration from Meet the Pyro?) Maybe fix some balance—that Ability looks super OP. This thread has all the little grammar tidbits like that for future reference. Mind you, these are only really important if you plan on participating in the contests or otherwise making fully convincing fakes.

Like I said, these cards aren't meant to be super serious, so balance isn't much of an issue. These cards are, for the most part, comedy.

For some reason, typing "é" isn't possible in GIMP, as it does not respond to my normal way of typing it in (ALT+130). I'll see if I can find a work around.

that ivy guy

Aspiring Trainer
Like I said, these cards aren't meant to be super serious, so balance isn't much of an issue. These cards are, for the most part, comedy.
For some reason, typing "é" isn't possible in GIMP, as it does not respond to my normal way of typing it in (ALT+130). I'll see if I can find a work around.
You do have three "é" in the attacks, though, so you did something right there!