Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright - Playthrough Complete! Stay tuned for the next one...

No update today, sorry! Too busy with Pokémon news and some other work. We should get a chapter tomorrow like normal, though, so stay tuned!

Chapter 11: We're on a boat!

We popped back to our castle dimension and showed Xerneas and Jesi around while preparing for a long, relaxing weekend. With such a long time before the next chapter, there was plenty of time to chat and build up supports.

<Athena> So, Skyleaf, ready to start your conversation practice?
<Skyleaf> Well... okay...
<Athena> So, how old were you when you decided to become a healer? :3
<Skyleaf> Oh, um, that is... I don't know...
<Athena> Are there special training programs for healers in Hoshido?
<Skyleaf> Um, well, I'm... not sure...
<Athena> This isn't going very well, is it? >_>
<Skyleaf> I'm sorry. ._.;
<Athena> I think you just let people intimidate you a bit too much, but don't worry, I'll help you out however I can. :3
<Skyleaf> Thanks... <3 I'm going to, uh, go over here and not talk for a while now... *flees*
Skyleaf and Athena attained support level B!
<Athena> I guess I'll find someone else to talk to then.... hey, Xerneas, 'sup?
<Xerneas> ... ... ...
<Athena> Hello? Fateslandia to Xerneas!
<Xerneas> Can you shut up? I'm practicing here.
<Athena> Oh, come on, you practice with that stupid bow all the time. Don't you want to get to know your sister a bit?
<Xerneas> I already know my two sisters well enough, thank you very much.
<Athena> Ouch, so cold. ._.;
<Xerneas> Are we finished?
<Athena> Look, haven't I proven that I'm committed to Hoshido and its causes? Isn't there anything I can do to convince you of my loyalty?
<Xerneas> Probably not, no.
<Athena> How about training me on the bow? At least we'd get to know each other a little better.
<Xerneas> Fine, but only to get you to shut up and go away. And if you start slowing me down at all, we're done.
<Athena> Deal. ^_^
Xerneas and Athena attained support level C!

Meanwhile, on the other side of the castle grounds...

<Robin> Hello Aura, 'sup? :3
<Mozu> Oh no, you're that Robin fellow.... ._.;
<Robin> Do I really look so terrifying? o.o;
<Aura> I've heard all sorts of stories about you teasing folks and I don't want any part of it. You'll start calling me a bumpkin or something and hurt my feelings.
<Robin> Oh dear, it seems I've become notorious. How delightful! Thank you for letting me know.
<Aura> What kind of weirdo actually likes hearing that about himself? o_o; *backs away slowly and runs*
<Robin> Ope, looks like she's gone. Huh. There you go.
Robin and Aura attained support level C!

Eventually, we geared up and prepared to move on, teleporting back to the real world in a port town where we would hopefully be able to grab a ship to Cheve.

<Athena> Ohhey, it just so happens that there's a ship right about to leave to the place we want to go to!
<Aura> Oh boy, this is so exciting. I've never been on a boat before!
<PMJ> Just keep in mind that this isn't a vacation. Some of the passengers on the ship could be our enemies.
<Xerneas> Especially considering that we already have a Nohrian spy among us... *glares at Zola*
<Zola> Oh, come on, I'm being very nice.
<Vom> I'm keeping a watch on him. A very close one.
<Athena> Oh, come on guys, you're overreacting.
<Xerneas> And you're the one who's being hella naive for trusting our enemy just because he says he'll play nice. *rolls eyes*
<Athena> Look, I'm not asking you to trust him with your Fujin Yumi or anything, just be civil, kay?
<Xerneas> I'll try, but no promises.​

We boarded the ship and began a leisurely cruise towards Nohr. The ride was uneventful for the first coupel days, but later bad weather began to trouble us. The surface of the sea quickly grew from calm to choppy and the boat shook back and forth.

In any normal situation, this would have simply been bad weather, but this is Fire Emblem, so it wasn't long before a semi-invisible enemy jumped out of the water and started harassing us. Quickly deducing that this being and its minions were the cause of the storm (somehow), we grab weapons from our quarters and prepared for battle.

<Jesi> Is this what all of your battle missions are like in this army?
<Athena> No, usually they make at least a bit more sense than this.
<Skyleaf> It looks like the same semi-transparent guy that attacked mom! :<
<Xerneas> How can you even tell? He's semi-transparent!
<Skyleaf> Well, um, there can't be all that many semi-transparent guys around, also he has the same hood...
<Vom> Look, I understand that you guys want to make sense of things, but we really ought to focus on the battle at hand.
<Palutena> Yeah, less talky and more stabby!
<Athena> I guess that's one way to put it. No matter what, we gotta take care of these guys, so might as well get to it.​

We pulled out our weapons and began attacking the enemies as they came to us. Priority was to give Jesi as much exp as possible to bring her up to speed, so in the beginning we mostly stayed close together and let them come to us, with Jesi scoring as many kills as possible.

As the waves of enemies slowed, we were able to begin working towards the prow of the ship. Jesi, Vom, Palutena, Aura, and Robin took the port side while I went north to starboard with Xerneas, TGK, PMJ, and Skyleaf. The flying enemies has great movement but were not particularly powerful and it was a simple enough matter to bait them into range. Xerneas easy one-shot everything that came at him with his bow, and the rest of us also did well.

Eventually, all of the weird, semi-transparent enemies were dead... all except one. The same hooded figure we initially saw was still around and ready to cause trouble. He rushed for Xerneas, but before he could connect the blow...

<Zola> Lord Xerneas, look out!​

Zola jumped into the blow, taking the hit meant for the prince. Xerneas took a shot at the figure, but then he disappeared, leaving not a trace.

<Athena> Well, that was... a thing.
<Skyleaf> Oh, poor Zola, here, let me help you. *rod!*
<Zola> Ah, yes, thank you Lady Skyleaf.
<Xerneas> *sigh* Thanks for saving my life, Zola. I guess I ought to give you at least some trust after all.
<Zola> Hurray! \o/​

Current Team:

Athena - Lv. 14 Great Lord
Skyleaf - Lv. 14 Shrine Maiden
PMJ - Lv. 16 Songstress
Vom - Lv. 14 Ninja
Aura - Lv. 14 Dread Fighter
Robin - Lv. 14 Monk
TGK - Lv. 14 Grandmaster
Palutena - Lv. 14 Spear Master
Xerneas - Lv. 14 Archer
Jesi - Lv. 15 Ninja

Decisions:
Two separate users posting the same suggestion or a single user with 3 (non-me) Likes is the minimum for any chosen decisions to go through. Unless it's something I really like in which case screw the requirement and I'll do it anyway for lolz.

Reclassing: Everyone's favourite part! Outlined below are the characters we have available and their available reclasses. The later DLC Reclassing section talks more about the DLC reclassing options that we have. Gold grinding levels will be played to earn up funds to buy reclassing items if necessary.

Athena - Outlaw (Heart), Nohr Princess (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Skyleaf - Sky Knight (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Onmyoji, Priestess
PMJ - Sky Knight (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Vom - Samurai (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Master Ninja, Mechanist
Aura - Villager (Heart), Archer (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Robin - Apothecary (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Onmyoji, Great Master
TGK - Diviner (Heart), Oni Savage (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Palutena - Apothecary (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Spear Master, Basara
Xerneas - Spear Fighter (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Sniper, Kinshi Knight
Jesi - Diviner (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Master Ninja, Mechanist

DLC: I have access to a few DLC chapters that unlock some things. A few of them I will not be offering because they kind of piss me off (Beach/Royal maps), but the others I will. Here's a run-down of what's available.

Before Awakening - Random kind of chapter with Chrom, Lissa, and Freddy as NPCs. Reward is one each of Exalt’s Brand (Great Lord reclass item) and Hero’s Brand (Lodestar reclass item). Played and rewards got, so no reason to do this one again.
Boo Camp - Standard EXP grinding chapter with silly narrative justification.
Ghostly Gold - Standard gold grinding chapter with silly narrative justification.
Museum Melee - Everyone is suddenly on a ship participating in a contest to win cool weapons. Reward is basically whatever weapons you luck into getting from chests/drops.
Hidden Truths - As this chapter is a plot chapter that spoils some plot stuff and uses non-in-game characters, I will not be writing this chapter up if you have me play it, however I would be happy to do so if you want to use the reclass reward, which is a Fell Brand (Grandmaster reclass item, unlimited).
Vanguard Dawn - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Vanguard Brand (Vanguard reclass item, unlimited).
Anna on the Run - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is recruiting Anna, but she wasn't voted in, so we won't be using her anyway.
Ballistician Blitz - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Sighting Lens (Ballistician reclass item, unlimited).
Witches' Trial - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Witches Mark (Vanguard reclass item, unlimited).
Heirs of Fates - Stories about the kids units with some spoilery stuff, so like Hidden Truths, I won't be writing these out, but we'll get some cool skills. I'm actually planning on playing these myself for fun anyway, so I don't even know why I'm listing it here...

Chapters can be played multiple times to unlock multiple rewards, but I will only write out a chapter for the level the first time it is played. The only exception is Hidden Truths which will not be written at all, as noted above.

More DLC chapters will become available over the next few weeks (yay Europe), so I will add them here as they become available, and note in the player notes when I do so.

DLC Reclassing: Italics indicate reclass options that are not currently available but can be gained with DLC as written above.

Dread Fighter - 1 available
Dark Flyer - 2 available
Lodestar (males only) - 1 only - reserved for Kaden
Grandmaster (males only) - unlimited
Vanguard (males only) - unlimited
Ballistician (males only) - unlimited

Witch (females only) - 1 in hand (unlimited)

NOTE: We also get one free of either the Ballistician class OR the Witch class without playing DLC. Please vote for which you'd like!

A+ Supports and Friendship Seals: Now that we have access to supports, we can start thinking about A+ supports for Friendship Seals. (A+ Supports are one-way, so X can get A+ with Y to access Y's class, but Y can still get his own A+ support with Z so Y gets Z's class, etc.). Most of these are already decided for us based on the characters that were chosen. The bolded options require votes for which character should be chosen. Asterisked (*) characters are those with special classes who pass down their alternate class instead of their base class.

Azura/PMJ - Sakura/Skyleaf
Sakura/Skyleaf - Azura/PMJ*
Saizo/Vom - Ryoma/Jabber
Mozu/ExcalAura - Oboto/PP
Azama/Robin - Kaden/Celever* or Hayato/TGK
Hayato/TGK - Azama/Robin or Kaden/Celever*

Oboto/PP - Mozu/ExcalAura*
Takumi/Xerneas - Ryoma/Jabber
Kagero/Jesi - N/A :<
Kaden/Celever - Hayato/TGK or Azama/Robin
Ryoma/Jabber - Saizo/Vom or Takumi/Xerneas

Athena can't get A+ Supports but she can instead use a Friendship Seal with an A support with any/all female characters, so please suggest which ones should take priority. That way I know whose face to pet, etc. to get the A support sooner.

Skills: I've got a Paragon skill to give out (doubles exp gains), a Warp skill (allows units to warp to be next to another unit, requires promoted lv. 15 or lv. 35), and both Skilltaker, Lucktaker, Magictaker, and Strengthtaker skills (unit gains 2 of the indicated stat temporarily for the rest of the chapter for each unit they kill or something) and I'll probably gain some more over the next coming chapters, so feel free to suggest units to get them!

Player Notes:

Ugh, I have this awful nauseous headache, so I'm saving the rest of the new supports until tomorrow and today's notes will also be brief.

This level really doesn't make much sense. I think they just wanted an excuse to have a boat chapter, though it's not even particularly boat-y.

Everyone has such even levels it makes me very happy. <3

The biggest downside to having 3 shuriken users now is that all the special shuriken need to be shared. I ended up giving Vom's Dual Shuriken to Jesi so she could be better equipped against the Wyverns and I wanted to level her up. We'll be able to grab some more once we can upgrade the weapon shop, but for now they'll be passed around as necessary.

Next chapter we get Celever and Ryoma the chapter after that, which will bring us to a full 1st gen team. We've still got quite some time before we'll unlock the kids, though. I could grind up supports to get them faster, but there's no point in it since our deploy slots are too low to fit them in anyway, so we may as well wait.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! <3

Chapter 12: We're on multiple boats!

We were nearing our goal now, but the boat was simply making everyone too seasick to get proper rest before our next (probable) battle, so we still went back to our castle dimension for a night to a nice night's sleep and to of course engage in multiple silly conversations to increase our unity as a team. Or something. Also, I got to start my bow lessons with Xerneas! \o/

<Xerneas> Your arm is too low, bend your left knee more... don't look over there, stay focused on the target! Gods, you suck at this.
<Athena> I'm trying! I had hoped my Outlaw talent would give me a bit better innate bow use, but this is pretty difficult.
<Xerneas> And now you're whining? I thought you wanted this!
<Athena> I do, and I'm working as hard as I can.
<Xerneas> Don't seriously tell me you thought this would be easy.
<Athena> Honestly, kinda. You make it look really easy when we're out in battle, anyway. But I need to work on developing the right muscles, clearly.
<Xerneas> Indeed, but you're already making some progress. Now are we going to make this shot or not?
<Athena> Alright, let's just... ow!
<Xerneas> What happened? :O
<Athena> I cut myself on a bit of fletching. Ah, damn, it's bleeding a bit.
<Xerneas> Alright, that's enough for today. Go get yourself bandaged up.
<Athena> But I want to practice more!
<Xerneas> We can practice again later, but you're not going to shoot right with that cut anyway. Perhaps tomorrow?
<Athena> Sure, thanks. :3
Athena and Xerneas attained support level B!

On my way to the infirmary, I happened to bump into TGK furiously scribbling something down while seated underneath a tree.

<Athena> Hey, TGK, 'sup? :3
<TGK> Ah! Damnit, don't scare me like that! I almost messed this up. >_<
<Athena> Sorry, didn't know you were concentrating that hard. What are you working on?
<TGK> Working on some charms for people back in the Wind Tribe village. You can make charms for all sorts of useful stuff!
<Athena> Oh, neat! What's this one for? :3
<TGK> For a festival that will be happening soon. I'll be sending it off to them as soon as I'm done.
<Athena> Are you going to send a letter along, too? I'm sure they'd like to hear from you and how you're doing.
<TGK> Well.... *mumble*grumble*
<Athena> What's that?
<TGK> I said... I don't know how to write a letter. ._.;
<Athena> How so? o.o
<TGK> Like, what am I supposed to say?
<Athena> Well, why don't I help you out with it? :3
<TGK> Sure, that would be great!
Athena and TGK attained support level C!

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the castle grounds...

<PMJ> Skyleaf, you look upset? Is something wrong? I hope my story didn't scare you THAT much...
<Skyleaf> No, I was just thinking...
<PMJ> Yes?
<Skyleaf> Back home in Hoshido, people used to talk about you behind your back, that you would cold and uncaring. I wish... I wish I had stood up for you, and told those people about what an amazing and sweet sister you are, but I was too afraid.
<PMJ> Don't worry about it so much! After all, it's kind of true... I am standoffish to a lot of people. But why did this come up now?
<Skyleaf> Well, I've been working with Athena to try and help me talk to people... and this was a really important thing I wanted to say to you! So I finally worked up the courage.
<PMJ> I'm so happy for you! How about I help you out as well?
<Skyleaf> That would be wonderful! Thank you, you're the best sister. <3
<PMJ> No, YOU'RE the best sister for wantign to stand up for me even to perfect strangers. <3
[/b]PMJ and Skyleaf attained support level A![/b]
<Vom> *sighs* *looks at watch* Gods, are these people almost done yet? We really need to move on to find Lord Jabber, and everyone's just wandering around and chatting. >_<
<Palutena> There you are, Vom! I've got you!
<Vom> Not you again... *sigh*
<Palutena> Come on! You need to at least TRY the clothes I made for you! You could be so handsome!
<Vom> I refuse to wear such gaudy robes. They'll only serve to get me killed.
<Palutena> Who says I need your permission... >:3
<Vom> Oh gods, what are you going to do now... o_o;;;
<Palutena> ;D
<Vom> Athena, please, we have to go! NOW!
<Athena> Alright, fine, everyone let's get back to work.
<Palutena> But but--
<Vom> *poof*
Palutena and Vom attained support level B!
<Palutena> Damnit. >_<​

We teleport back to real world where our boat landed at the city of Cyrkensia in the country of Nestria.

<Athena> Man, what gives? I thought we were going to Cheve. :<
<Jesi> Cheve is inland, so there's no port there. This was the closest place we could disembark.
<Skyleaf> So this is what Nestria looks like! It's so beautiful. <3
<TGK> Doesn't seem like there's any fighting going on here, either.
<PMJ> Nestria is a neutral country, like Izumo. It's a popular vacation spot for people from Nohr and Hoshido alike.
<Aura> I certainly wouldn't mind vacationing here for a while. It's gorgeous!
<Celever> *walks up* Greetings! It looks like you guys might be humans from Hoshido? My name is Celever! :D
<Athena> o_o?
<Celever> You know, humans being people that don't have cool ears and can't transform into awesome animals...
<Athena> Well... *cough* >_>
<Celever> And Hoshido being that cool country that's totally not Japan over to the east!
<Xerneas> MOST of us are from there, anyway. *looks sideways at Athena*
<PMJ> Excuse me, Celever, but would you happen to be a kitsune?
<Celever> Yes! :D Wanna see my sweet fox form?
<PMJ> No, that's okay, I'm just wondering because I thought Kitsune didn't stray far from their village.
<Celever> That's usually true, yes, but I'm here as a favour for someone. In fact, I came up to you because I was hoping you could help me out with the favour, since it's really kind of a human sort of problem, and I'm stumped, and you guys looked friendly!
<Athena> Well, I suppose we can try... what's the problem?
<Celever> Here, I'll have Layla explain.
<Layla> *sobs*
<Robin> Oh dear, it looks like the lady is distressed.
<Layla> My mum is going to die! She's taken very ill and I want badly to go visit her before she passes... but I'm a singer, and I have an engagement tonight to play a performance for King Keeper.
<Everyone> !!!
<Athena> Keeper is here?!
<Layla> Yes, he visits often and usually requests a performance from me while he's here... but how can I sing like this?
<PMJ> Well, why don't I sing in your place? I happen to be a very talented singer.
<Vom> Ummm... do you really think that's a good idea? o_o;
<PMJ> Of course! It's the perfect opportunity to take the enemy by surprise.
<Celever> Sorry to burst your bubble but... you guys don't look anything alike. >_>
<PMJ> Well, it just so happens that we happen to have a master illusionist with us!
<Zola> So, you want me to make you look like her?
<PMJ> And while Keeper is distracted by my singing, the others can sneak in undetected. If we capture him, we can sue for peace.
<Zola> Sure, I can make you look like her, but I can't do anything to make you SOUND like her.
<PMJ> I don't think that will be necessary; I can sing just fine on my own.
<Athena> And Layla can go visit her mother in peace!
<Layla> Aww, thank you guys so much! <3
<Celever> And thus my favour has been repaid! But... now I owe you guys a favour. Mind if I tag along with you?
<Athena> Um, well, if you want, but... we're kind of in the middle of a war.
<Celever> I did tell you that I can turn into a cool fox right? I can fight, no probs.
<Athena> Alright, I guess we're all set. Zola, do your thing!​

Zola performed his illusion magic on PMJ and we all got in place in the theatre; PMJ backstage and the rest of us just kind of hiding behind a curtain, waiting for King Keeper to show up.

<Athena> Geez, the show is supposed to start soon... where is he?
<Xerneas> Look up. He's got a private balcony with some blond chick.
<Athena> Ohman, that's Pidove, my little sister... she looks so sad. :\
<Celever> Hey, look, there's PMJ!
<PMJ> You are the ocean's grey waves... ♫
<Athena> Ohgod, why is she singing this song... *facepalm*
<Xerneas> No, look, it's working! The soldiers are becoming enthralled!
<Keeper> What exactly is it that you think is working?
<Vom> Ohshi-
<Keeper> Soldiers, get them!
<Pidove> Ohnoes! What are you going to do to Athena? :<
<Athena> Keeper... how did you know? D:
<Keeper> Isn't it obvious? Zola has been acting as my spy all along.
<Zola> Oh geez, did you really have to tell them?
<Athena> But, but.... he saved Xerneas's life!
<Zola> Well, yeah, I knew Skyleaf would be right there to save me anyway. Besides, I needed to make you trust me SOMEHOW.
<Xerneas> I'll kill you myself! >_<
<Zola> So, my king, now that I have fulfilled my side of the bargain, can you make sure Lord Leo drops my exile? And, uh, maybe you could pardon Athena while you're at it? I mean, she's practically been brainwashed, none of this is her--
<Keeper> You DARE ask this of me? *axe!*
<Zola> Oh, urk, please forgive me, Athena... x_x;
<Pidove> Father! D:
<Athena> That... really wasn't called for.
<Keeper> Oh, so you pity this man who betrayed you? You really are a pitiful weakling.
<Xerneas> I'll show you weak, just get within range of my bow... *shakes fist*
<Vom> No, there are simply too many of them to fight.
<Jesi> *appears* I've secured an escape route over the stage, we need to head in that direction.
<Athena> Alright everyone, let's break a path through.​

Before the battle even started, however, Celever was digging through my bag and happened to come across a Hero's Brand. I guess we won't be seeing his fox form after all; Celever reclassed into Lodestar! He grabbed a sword as well as led the pack across the boats against the first wave of enemies.

<Athena> Wait... is this entire level made of boats? o_o;
<TGK> Looks like everything but the stage, yeah.
<Athena> But I thought last chapter was supposed to the the boat chapter!
<Robin> You can never have too many boat chapters!
<Athena> Can't we just, I dunno, take one and sail it to the other side?
<Palutena> Pssh, that would be too easy. Besides, we get to kill more Nohrian scum this way!
<Athena> I guess so...​

We worked together in a group at first, since there was only one path. Waves and waves of Nohrian reinforcements appeared, including my brother Brave and his retainers, but we managed to hold them back. Eventually, I happened to come across a Dragon Vein that froze the water around the boats, giving us a clear path towards the stage. TGK and Jesi valiantly held the path while the rest of us bee-lined for the exit, then out of the opera house and into the town.

<Athena> *sigh* I think we made it out safely.
<Brave> You'll never be safe from our justice!
<Athena> Brave! I thought I saw TGK take you down...
<Brave> Tis but a flesh wound. You think a puny magic attack would stop from hunting down my traitor of a sister?
<Pidove> Oh, will you two stop fighting already! >_<
<Brave> Elise, get out of the way.
<Pidove> I won't! I won't let you hurt my sister! >_<
<PMJ> We need to use this opportunity to get out of here, quickly.
<Athena> Alright... thanks Pidove. <3​

Thanks to my cinnamon roll sister's distraction, we were able to flee from the Nohrian pursuit once again, and this time we really did shake them. Hopefully. I think. I went to talk to PMJ since she seems to know the region, but she slipped away from the rest of the party, and when I found her, she was lying on the ground, in pain.

<Athena> Whoa! What's wrong? Are you injured? Let me call Skyleaf.
<PMJ> No, please... just let me... rest here a moment...
<Athena> Um... alright. Sure you wouldn't rather teleport back the castle and rest there? Would be more comfortable than the ground.
<PMJ> Alright, sure, just promise me you won't tell anyone you saw me like that.
<Athena> No problem! Your secret is safe than me. Hell, I wouldn't even know what to say anyway.​

Current Team:

Athena - Lv. 15 Great Lord
Skyleaf - Lv. 15 Shrine Maiden
PMJ - Lv. 18 Songstress
Vom - Lv. 15 Ninja
Aura - Lv. 14 Dread Fighter
Robin - Lv. 14 Monk
TGK - Lv. 17 Grandmaster
Palutena - Lv. 14 Spear Master
Xerneas - Lv. 14 Archer
Jesi - Lv. 15 Ninja
Celever - Lv. 14 Lodestar

Decisions:
Two separate users posting the same suggestion or a single user with 3 (non-me) Likes is the minimum for any chosen decisions to go through. Unless it's something I really like in which case screw the requirement and I'll do it anyway for lolz.

Reclassing: Everyone's favourite part! Outlined below are the characters we have available and their available reclasses. The later DLC Reclassing section talks more about the DLC reclassing options that we have. Gold grinding levels will be played to earn up funds to buy reclassing items if necessary.

Athena - Outlaw (Heart), Nohr Princess (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Skyleaf - Sky Knight (Heart/Friendship), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Onmyoji, Priestess
PMJ - Sky Knight (Heart), Shrine Maiden (Friendship), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Robin - Apothecary (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Onmyoji, Great Master
Palutena - Apothecary (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Spear Master, Basara
Xerneas - Spear Fighter (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Sniper, Kinshi Knight
Celever - Diviner (Heart), Kitsune (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions N/A

DLC: I have access to a few DLC chapters that unlock some things. A few of them I will not be offering because they kind of piss me off (Beach/Royal maps), but the others I will. Here's a run-down of what's available.

Before Awakening - Random kind of chapter with Chrom, Lissa, and Freddy as NPCs. Reward is one each of Exalt’s Brand (Great Lord reclass item) and Hero’s Brand (Lodestar reclass item). Played and rewards got, so no reason to do this one again.
Ghostly Gold - Standard gold grinding chapter with silly narrative justification.
Museum Melee - Everyone is suddenly on a ship participating in a contest to win cool weapons. Reward is basically whatever weapons you luck into getting from chests/drops.
Hidden Truths - As this chapter is a plot chapter that spoils some plot stuff and uses non-in-game characters, I will not be writing this chapter up if you have me play it, however I would be happy to do so if you want to use the reclass reward, which is a Fell Brand (Grandmaster reclass item, unlimited).
Vanguard Dawn - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Vanguard Brand (Vanguard reclass item, unlimited).
Anna on the Run - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is recruiting Anna, but she wasn't voted in, so we won't be using her anyway.
Ballistician Blitz - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Sighting Lens (Ballistician reclass item, unlimited).
Witches' Trial - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Witches Mark (Vanguard reclass item, unlimited).
Heirs of Fates - Stories about the kids units with some spoilery stuff, so like Hidden Truths, I won't be writing these out, but we'll get some cool skills. I'm actually planning on playing these myself for fun anyway, so I don't even know why I'm listing it here...

Chapters can be played multiple times to unlock multiple rewards, but I will only write out a chapter for the level the first time it is played. The only exception is Hidden Truths which will not be written at all, as noted above.

More DLC chapters will become available over the next few weeks (yay Europe), so I will add them here as they become available, and note in the player notes when I do so.

DLC Reclassing: Italics indicate reclass options that are not currently available but can be gained with DLC as written above.

Dark Flyer - 2 available

NOTE: We also get one free of either the Ballistician class OR the Witch class without playing DLC. Please vote for which you'd like!

A+ Supports and Friendship Seals: Now that we have access to supports, we can start thinking about A+ supports for Friendship Seals. (A+ Supports are one-way, so X can get A+ with Y to access Y's class, but Y can still get his own A+ support with Z so Y gets Z's class, etc.). Most of these are already decided for us based on the characters that were chosen. The bolded options require votes for which character should be chosen. Asterisked (*) characters are those with special classes who pass down their alternate class instead of their base class.

Saizo/Vom - Ryoma/Jabber

Athena can't get A+ Supports but she can instead use a Friendship Seal with an A support with any/all female characters, so please suggest which ones should take priority. That way I know whose face to pet, etc. to get the A support sooner.

Skills: I've got a Paragon skill to give out (doubles exp gains), a Warp skill (allows units to warp to be next to another unit, requires promoted lv. 15 or lv. 35), and both Skilltaker, Lucktaker, and Strengthtaker skills (unit gains 2 of the indicated stat temporarily for the rest of the chapter for each unit they kill or something) and I'll probably gain some more over the next coming chapters, so feel free to suggest units to get them!

Player Notes:

So this chapter was hilarious because TGK was just facerolling everything.

Alright, let's back up a bit. I was actually already playing when quaking suggested Magictaker for TGK, but Aura got a couple too many crits during EP and died so I had to restart the chapter anyway, so I figured I would give that to him. Combined with the Mag/Def surge he had happened to get overnight, it basically just turned him into a killing machine. Almost nothing scratched him and he was one-rounded practically everything; he even would have one-rounded Brave if his Aegis hadn't activated. :U

So, yeah, the first third of the map went by normally, but then I just ended up having TGK sit and tank and destroy everything while everyone else ran away. Ended up being a total rout of everyone except for King Keeper; sadly, we weren't quite good enough to take him out without some massive luck and I didn't want to risk it, so I just ended the chapter.

Celever has joined us now and he actually makes for a pretty great Lodestar. He was doing quite a lot of one-rounding and dodging on his own. Also, he's just adorable. Look at his sprite! And how his tail sticks out the back of his cape! Also a more normal shot

Since PMJ and Skyleaf have reached their A Support, I went ahead and A+ed them both to each other. This doesn't give anything at all to Skyleaf since she already had Sky Knight as her alt., but PMJ could become a Shrine Maiden, I guess. Isn't that just super useful? :UU

Thanks for reading, as usual! Feel free to suggest some stuff if you feel like it. <3

Last edited:
Chapter 13: Camo really, really, really likes Athena

<Jesi> TGK.
<TGK> Hey Jesi, 'sup?
<Jesi> I'm here because I'm supposed to talk to you. To maintain good relations between the Wind Tribe and the rest of Hoshido.
<TGK> Uhh... okay I guess? What do you want to talk about?
<Jesi> Well, to start off with... why do you talk so weird?
<TGK> I don't talk weird, YOU talk weird. >_< *storms off*
<Jesi> Huh, I wonder if I offended him.
Jesi and TGK attained support level C!
<Skyleaf> Hello, TGK.
<TGK> What do you want?
<Skyleaf> You seemed kind of upset, so I though I would offer you some of my mochi...
<TGK> Why would I want something like that? Sweet stuff is for girls!
<Skyleaf> Oh, I'm sorry for bothering you... :< *shuffles off*
<TGK> Oh geez, Sakura, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. I'll have some mochi, if you're still offering.
<Skyleaf> Well, since you said you didn't want anyway... I kind of... already finished it. >_>
<TGK> The whole thing?!
<Skyleaf> Sorry! ^^;
<TGK> Nah, it's fine, I didn't really want any anyway.
<Skyleaf> I'll make sure to save some for you next time, though. ^_^
<TGK> Well, only if you insist... >_>
Skyleaf and TGK attained support level C!

After a nice day in the castle, full of rest and relaxation, we popped back to the real world and continued our quest onward to Cheve. It was dark and foggy when we arrived, a nice and spooky night.

<Vom> %$#&ing finally. I feel like I've been trying to track down Lord Jabber for weeks!
<Athena> Yes, it'll be good to have Jabber back.
<???> Are you sure there isn't a certain other older sibling you'd like to see instead?​

Through the fog came a familiar voice followed by the staccato tapping of high heels. Dressed in an outfit that has absolutely no place being worn while riding an undead Wyvern came my Nohrian sister Camo.

<Camo> Oh, Athena, I've missed you so much. Come snuggle in my tits. <3
<Skyleaf> Hey, that's my sister you're snuggling!
<Camo> So, this is who you've traded me in for...
<Athena> Camo, you know it's not like that. I just can't stand for what Keeper is doing any longer. He's a thug and an asshole.
<Camo> It's okay, really, I'm just happy that you're happy with your new family.
<Athena> Really?
<Camo> If only your joy could last... *sigh* But I'm afraid I need to make you all pay for taking my sweet sister away from me. None of you will leave here alive. ^_^
<Xerneas> Not if I have anything to say about it!
<Camo> Athena, dear, do try and survive long enough to reach me... I'd love to cradle your body in my arms as it breathes its final breaths. <3
<Athena> Okay, yeah, this is just getting creepy now. Everyone, prepare for battle!​

We paired off and rushed into battle. There were several nearby houses, so the first priority was to warn the inhabitants to stay inside until the fighting was done. On the bright side, we got a lot of gifts out of the deal! Celever, Aura, Robin, PMJ, Vom, and Palutena went immediately north to hit up those houses and take the brunt of the immediate enemies while the rest of us veered east to hit the majority of the houses and start pulling in enemies from the east and split their formation.

Things were going pretty smoothly until Camo herself decided to rush forward, taking aim at Celever's head with a tome. He managed to withstand the hit while Xerneas and I rushed over and he managed to take her down swiftly with his bow. After that, it was mostly just a matter of cleaning up the remaining enemies. Then we went back to where Camo was lying on the ground, nursing her wounds.

<Camo> Well, if I'm going to die, I'm glad it will be by your hand, Athena.
<Athena> Oh, please, I'm not going to kill you. I want you to listen to me instead.
<Camo> *sigh* Alright, I suppose I owe you that much.
<Athena> Remember that sword Keeper gave me? It was cursed. He set off the trap in the middle of the Hoshidan capital, killing Queen Mikoto and dozens of innocents! I would have died there myself if the queen hadn't sacrificed herself for me. Keeper didn't even give a crap if I died.
<Camo> How dare he even think about harming a single hair on your precious head. >_<
<DoS> *rides up* There you are, traitor. Stop trying to brainwash my sister!
<Camo> DoS, wait--
<DoS> Camo, stay out of this, you're badly injured. Hans and I will finish up with--​

Suddenly out of nowhere, an NPC General rushed into the fray, attacking DoS. Behind him flew a large contingent of Wyverns, their eyes and axes pointed straight at DoS and his reinforcements.

<DoS> Ohshi- It's the Chevian Resistance. When did they get so strong?! >_< Don't think this is over, Athena. Everyone, retreat! *rides away*
<Scarlet> Hah! I guess the Nohrian army isn't as tough as they make themselves out to be.
<Athena> Thank you for coming to our aid! So, you're the leader of the resistance, eh?
<Scarlet> Yep! Cheve is done with putting up with Nohrian bullshit.
<Athena> And who is thy mystery general here that poke DoS in the back? This man has no fear!
<Jabber> *removes helmet* I'm glad to hear you think I'm so brave!
<Everyone> Yay, Jabber! \o/
<Jabber> So, mind if Scarlet and I hook up with you guys?
<Athena> Happy to have you on board! To the secret castle dimension!​

We teleported back to the castle to show Jabber around, rest, and bandage our wounds. It was also time for another archery lesson with Xerneas for me.

<Xerneas> No it isn't! I told you no more bow work until your hand heals.
<Athena> Oh, come on, if I can swing a sword and a lance in an actual battle, surely I'm good enough for this.
<Xerneas> Man, you're really serious about this, aren't you?
<Athena> I am. It's fun! I hope I'm not wasting too much of your time.
<Xerneas> Not at all. In fact... I really ought to apologize for how I've been treating you. You've proved your intentions towards Hoshido above and beyond. I'll try and be a bit, uh, nicer from now own.
<Athena> Awwww, thanks Xerneas. <3
<Xerneas> *blushes*
Athena and Xerneas attained support level A!

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the castle, Vom comes up with a compromise...

<Vom> Will you stop following me around with that gaudy ninja costume and listen to me for a moment?
<Palutena> ... Fine. >.>
<Vom> I know you want me to wear your fancy clothes, even though they're much too impractical for my every day work.
<Palutena> But--
<Vom> Hold up, I asked you to listen.
<Palutena> :I
<Vom> There will be a royal ceremony in Hoshido shortly, and Jabber has requested me to accompany him there. Since it's a rather fancy event... I was thinking that it might be suitable for me to keep your clothing as formal wear, for such occasions.
<Palutena> A royal ceremony! Oh, these clothes won't do at all! Come on, I'll make you something extra super fancy for that. Come with me! Oh, I can't wait to start a fitting...
<Vom> What did I get myself into...
Palutena and Vom attained support level A!

After Palutena had finished gathering the necessary measurements, she shoved Vom out of her tent so she could work in peace. With a sigh, Vom began patrolling the grounds, which is how he happened to come across Aura working in the Daikon patch.

<Vom> Oh, hey, you're working on cultivating the daikon?
<Aura> Yep! I'm looking to add some more vegetables in here, too. The soil here is so good. We could have a whole veggie party!
<Vom> Heh, it's nice to see you enjoying something so much. If I can help you in anyway, do please let me know.
<Aura> Aww, but you're a ninja. What do ninjas know about farming?
<Vom> I come from the town of Igasato, up in the mountains. We're pretty remote, so we had to be self-sufficient, so I learned a lot about hunting and farming.
<Aura> Sweet! Well, I might just take you up on that offer of help once I finish my plans, then. ^_^
<Vom> Good luck in the meantime! *disappears*
Aura and Vom attained support level C!
<Robin> *walks up* Oh, hello there Aura. Having a nice conversation with our ninja friend?
<Aura> Eep! *hides behind a daikon plant* What are YOU doing here?!
<Robin> I'm rather fond of vegetables myself, you know. Also, I thought we could maybe finish our conversation from earlier. It was fun!
<Aura> *grumbles* It seems we have very different ideas about what's fun...
<Robin> Excellent comeback!
<Aura> *hides deeper*
<Robin> Come on, am I really so scary? How did you think I would make fun of you, anyway?
<Aura> Well, you could call me a bumpkin, or a scaredy-cat, or make fun of how I talk, or my clothes being old...
<Robin> Oh, yes, all good points, indeed. That certainly gives me plenty of ammunition. Thanks!
<Aura> Ohgods, what have I gotten myself into... ._.; *runs*
<Robin> Hey, I'm not going to give up that easily! *chases*
Aura and Robin attained support level B!

Elsewhere in the castle, Celever happens to come across PMJ during his stroll...

<Celever> Eek, PMJ, what's wrong?!
<PMJ> Er, nothing is wrong. Why?
<Celever> Your face! It's so scary and cold.
<PMJ> ... This is just my normal face.
<Celever> Oh geez, are you really always this uptight? o_o;
<PMJ> I suppose it might come as a surprise to you that some people are just serious. Do you always wear that goofy grin?
<Celever> Yep! :3
<PMJ> That must be nice. I wish I could frolic through life so carelessly.
<Celever> Awww, how sweet. You're making my tail wag!
<PMJ> ... o.o;
<Celever> ... o.o?
<PMJ> OMG... your tail is so fluffy. I have never ever seen anything so fluffy. ~_~;
<Celever> Yep! Isn't it amazing? :3
<PMJ> Yes, well, I suppose I'd better get going, then. See you later, Celever. *walks off*
<Celever> Man, so she's calm and cool... I really need to perfect that facial expression so everyone will think I'm cool, too. *sigh*
Celever and PMJ attained support level C!

Current Team:

Athena - Lv. 16 Great Lord
Skyleaf - Lv. 16 Shrine Maiden
PMJ - Lv. 19 Songstress
Vom - Lv. 16 Ninja
Aura - Lv. 16 Dread Fighter
Robin - Lv. 15 Monk
TGK - Lv. 17 Grandmaster
Palutena - Lv. 16 Spear Master
Xerneas - Lv. 16 Archer
Jesi - Lv. 16 Ninja
Celever - Lv. 16 Lodestar
Jabber - Lv. 4 Swordmaster

Decisions:

Skyleaf - Sky Knight (Heart/Friendship), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Onmyoji, Priestess
PMJ - Sky Knight (Heart), Shrine Maiden (Friendship), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Jabber - Master of Arms (Heart), Falcon Knight (Heart), Kinshi Knight (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)

Dark Flyer - 2 available

Saizo/Vom - Ryoma/Jabber

Skills: I've got a Paragon skill to give out (doubles exp gains), a Warp skill (allows units to warp to be next to another unit, requires promoted lv. 15 or lv. 35), and both Skilltaker, Lucktaker, and Strengthtaker skills (unit gains 2 of the indicated stat temporarily for the rest of the chapter for each unit they kill or something) and I'll probably gain some more over the next coming chapters, so feel free to suggest units to get them!

Player Notes:

Short notes because I didn't realize how late it's getting, gahhh!

As of the end of this chapter, we have our full 1st gen team! \o/ I'll do a unit recap either tomorrow or Monday; Monday is more likely. I might not even get around to doing a chapter tomorrow, so I guess we'll see. These chapters are taking me quite a while to do; I might switch to a MWF update schedule or something. Except Fridays are bad. I guess we'll see.

Anyway, I don't even need to play a single turn with Jabber yet to know that he's OP. :UU I'll mostly be using him as a back-up for Jesi for now anyway.

Speaking of pairs, we're making some good progress getting our couples together. For the past few chapters I've been able to pair people up a lot more with each other now that we're getting full, so it's been very nice. The only real difficult one will be PMJ and Celever; might have to actually grind that a bit when the time comes, especially since Selkie is one of our units.

Otherwise, the chapter is pretty easy, just need to stay out of the range of Camo's Dragon Vein and not derp too much.

Hope you all enjoyed! See you with another chapter either tomorrow or Monday. <3

Already pre-ordered it. :p I ordered the Caeda one, too, though I don't actually have it yet (it's waiting at my parents' house for me). Elise is so precious. <3
I cried at chapter 26. RIP Elise and Xander. ;~;

Already pre-ordered it. :p I ordered the Caeda one, too, though I don't actually have it yet (it's waiting at my parents' house for me). Elise is so precious. <3

Cool, I'm afraid if I buy the Elise Nendoroid, I won't be able to resist buying another Nendoroid. I'm more a fan of scale figures and figma anyway. Though a Takumi Nendoroid would be an insta buy. He wouldn't be an unlikely Fire Emblem Fates character to receive a figure. He's probably a fan favorite among the Hoshidan siblings. I also see Azura, Lillith and the royal princes getting some kind of Goodsmile treatment.

I don't really care much for the chibi-style of Nendroids myself, but I really fell in love with the Caeda one when I saw she came with a chibi pegasus too! I was actually already planning on buying the Elise Nendroid, so her smol pony came as a plus. Now I'm just hoping that we get a Nendroid Camilla with a smol wyvern and I will be very happy. <3 (though I think she'd be more likely to get a scale figure if anything)

There's also a F!Corrin Figma that's been announced. Not sure if I'm interested in it or not; I guess I'll see when we start getting images of it.

Female figures are much more common and popular in Japan than males, sadly.

I don't really care much for the chibi-style of Nendroids myself, but I really fell in love with the Caeda one when I saw she came with a chibi pegasus too! I was actually already planning on buying the Elise Nendroid, so her smol pony came as a plus. Now I'm just hoping that we get a Nendroid Camilla with a smol wyvern and I will be very happy. <3 (though I think she'd be more likely to get a scale figure if anything)

There's also a F!Corrin Figma that's been announced. Not sure if I'm interested in it or not; I guess I'll see when we start getting images of it.

Female figures are much more common and popular in Japan than males, sadly.

I know right, like 80% of the figures are female. How foolish of me to think Takumi would get a Nendoroid before Camilla >_<

I didn't know a F!Corrin figma has been announced. She ought to look good in her Nohr Princess Armor, so I'm very likely to buy it. Also non fire emblem related but I think I saw an unpainted derpy looking Phoenix Wright figma somewhere.

I know right, like 80% of the figures are female. How foolish of me to think Takumi would get a Nendoroid before Camilla >_<

I didn't know a F!Corrin figma has been announced. She ought to look good in her Nohr Princess Armor, so I'm very likely to buy it. Also non fire emblem related but I think I saw an unpainted derpy looking Phoenix Wright figma somewhere.

The F!Corrin announcement was rather recent and there haven't been any photos or anything, so I can see how you would have missed it. :p I do tend to stay on top of FE news as part of my new editing work with SF, though.

And, yeah, I saw the Phoenix figure, too. I don't know why they release uncoloured figures like that since they always look so weird, but oh well. :U I'll have to see how it comes out.

Chapter 14: We are the best at being sneaky

<Athena> Oh, thank god, I did all the supports last time so I won't have to waste a bunch of time writing out more supports before playing today.
<PMJ> Hm?
<Athena> Oh, nothing. >_> Let's go!
<Xerneas> Go where? o_o;
<Athena> To the next chapter, where, uh... well, I don't actually know what's going on next. We were hunting for you and Jabber, but...
<Jabber> Don't worry, I have a plan. Let's go hang out at the Cheve Underground Headquarters.​

We teleported back to the real world where Jabber and Scarlet led us to their headquarters, a building that looked suspicious like the barracks in Awakening.

<Athena> Alright, we're here. Now what?
<Jabber> Now we'll be safe here.
<Athena> You mean we weren't safe in the totally separate dimension where my magic castle is located?
<Jabber> Look, maybe you're fine just teleporting in and out of that place in between battles, but I prefer my games to have some actual continuity without weird social media gimmicks hamhandedly forced into the plot with awkward narrative justification.
<Athena> Hey, I didn't say that I liked it, just that it seemed pretty safe to me. >_>
<Jabber> Anyway, this is the Cheve Resistance HQ. I figured it would be good to get involved with them since it gives us a handhold actually within the borders of Nohr.
<Scarlet> Yeah, it's not just the Hoshidans that hate that scumbag. There are lots of us in various parts of the country that would prefer to be free of his--
BOOOM!
<Everyone> o_o;
<ChevianSoldier> Lady Scarlet! We're surrounded by Nohrians!
<Scarlet? WTF? This is a safe place! How did they even know we were here?!
<PMJ> It seems as if we might have another traitor...
<Athena> Ohgeez, another one? >_<
<Jabber> Everyone, let's evacuate. There's a path to the back.
<Scarlet> But that just leads into Nohrian territory!
<Jabber> And that's exactly where I intend to go! We're going to confront King Keeper directly.
<Everyone> o_o;;;
<Jabber> If we sneak into Nohr with a small group of people, we can get to the capital and take Keeper by force, without the need for a long, protracted war.
<Athena> Well, it's certainly not what he'd expect...
<Scarlet> *sigh* Alright, I'll lead the way.
<Vom> Are you sure this passage is secure?
<Scarlet> If you'd asked me yesterday, I would have said 100% yes, but then yesterday I also through the safe house itself was secure... anyway, here we are.
<Jesi> But this is a gated wall with troops everywhere... I thought we were already within Nohr?
<Vom> And what happened to sneaking?
<Scarlet> *shrugs*
<Athena> Well, um, is everyone ready? Once we go into those walls, there's no going back. Just forward into Nohr, or into our secret castle, or maybe with a DLC or Paralogue sidequest...
<Robin> So, our options are basically the exact same as before?
<Athena> Well.... yes. Are you with us?
<Skyleaf> Of course we'll stay with you, Athena.
<Celever> It's not like we have much of a choice! :D
<Athena> I... I guess that's fair. To battle!​

There was a road leading up to the gate with enemies swarming to both sides, mostly archers and cavaliers. We moved together down the center, baiting the enemies towards us and taking them down as we progressed. The gate itself was guarded by 3 beefy Knights that were taken down by Xerneas, Mozu, and TGK from afar, then we rushed inside.

Jabber and I made use of some nearby Dragon Veins to damage the enemies inside, then we split up to take care of the enemies in the hallways. Celever, PMJ, Mozu, and Robin worked on the left while Palutena, Vom, Xerneas, and I took the right, and the others cleaned up and moved in the center. By the time we reached the boss, she was weak from the DV attacks, and Xerneas killed her in a single blow.

<Jabber> Welp, that's done. We should get out of here quick; it won't be long before Keeper learns we're here.
<Athena> So much for sneaking in. *sigh*
<Xerneas> I guess this forest over here looks like a nice place to spend the night.
<Aura> You mean we can't go back to the castle? :<
<Jesi> I believe Lord Jabber wishes us to remain here while it is still plot relevant.​

And so we spent a night in the forest right near the gate. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I was having a hard time sleeping in such a weird place, that I decided to wander around for a bit, and I happened to spot PMJ heading towards a lake.

<PMJ> You are the ocean's grey waves... ♫
<Athena> That song again?
<PMJ> Oh, Athena, I didn't see you there.
<Athena> What's up with that song of yours anyway? Seems to do some pretty fancy stuff. Is it magic or something?
<PMJ> Sorry, but I can't talk about it. If you want to learn about me and my song, you need to pay €20 for the Revelation path.
<Athena> Awww, come on, aren't we friends?
<PMJ> It's not like th---augh!!
<Athena> PMJ? What's wrong?​

PMJ screamed out in pain as a strange purple patch spreads across her skin or something. I dunno, I didn't look too close, it was kind of gross, but it seemed to hurt a lot.

<PMJ> Don't look at me, please. >.>
<Athena> Don't worry, not looking. <.< But, uh, what is that stuff?
<PMJ> It's a curse. I have special blood like you do, and that enables me to sing my fancy magic song, but it comes at a price.
<Athena> So why do you sing that song anyway, if it hurts you so much?
<PMJ> Well, we need it, right? We needed to save Takumi, we needed to use it against Keeper. Besides, I always get better later. See? Good as new.
<Athena> *peeks* Yeah, I suppose you're back to normal.
<PMJ> So no harm done. I'll be happy to use my song whenever we need it so no worries. ^_^
<Athena> And even better, I just saved €20! \o/
<PMJ> Oh, there's still plenty more secrets about that that I'm not telling you, I assure you.
<Athena> Awwwww.... :<​

Current Team:

Athena - Lv. 18 Great Lord
Skyleaf - Lv. 18 Shrine Maiden
PMJ - Lv. 20 Songstress
Vom - Lv. 18 Ninja
Aura - Lv. 18 Dread Fighter
Robin - Lv. 17 Monk
TGK - Lv. 18 Grandmaster
Palutena - Lv. 18 Spear Master
Xerneas - Lv. 18 Archer
Jesi - Lv. 18 Ninja
Celever - Lv. 18 Lodestar

Decisions:

Jabber - Master of Arms (Heart), Falcon Knight (Heart), Kinshi Knight (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)

Dark Flyer - 2 available

Saizo/Vom - Ryoma/Jabber

Player Notes:

Another chapter that doesn't really make much sense from a plot perspective. It's like they felt they needed to have a battle at this point but didn't both meshing it at all with what the characters were actually talking about and doing and where they were. Sloppy storytelling is very sloppy.

Chapter itself wasn't too bad. Mostly I'm working on pairing up our pairs whenever I can and trying to keep exp more or less even, which I will likely do at least until people get their level 5 promoted skills and we've grabbed a few kids. And we're getting close to promotion, too! It's so exciting. <3

Once again, I'm running too late to do a Unit Recap today, so I think I'll do one tomorrow in lieu of a chapter. As I mentioned previously, these chapters are taking quite a while for me to complete and write, and unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of empty free time these days.

So, expect about 2-3 updates a week from here on out. I won't set a specific update schedule, but Mondays are likely update days, Fridays unlikely, any days with big Pokémon news unliekly, and in between ???. I might also do interim chapters in between full update chapters, either for supports, or unit recaps (like I'm planning for tomorrow), or DLC, or Support grinding, etc. and so forth.

So, yeah, yesterday the site was down all afternoon my time practically, so I had no opportunity for the unit review, and today my husband is off work and he and I are doing a bunch of errands. Expect unit recap tomorrow and maybe another chapter either tomorrow or Friday, though no promises, since I have a lot of shit on my plate. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up on what's going on.

Intermission: So, about that unit recap...

Now that we have everyone and we're getting close to promotion time, let's take a look at how everyone's doing and what their options are! Also you can see all the dumb names that I give to forged weapons.

Athena - Lv. 18 Great Lord
koWHxCO.jpg

Athena is one of our stronger units at the moment, as befitting a Lord character. She has the highest Str out of our whole group and is well-rounded in all other stats as well, except Mag. I'm training her up on Naginata for weapon triangle control, easier 1-2 access, and because Naginatas default to giving +1Def/Res, which can be handy in some situations (especially since Katana give -1 to those stats instead). "Reginleif" is a +1 Iron Naginata. (Iron forges are some of the best weapons in the game, honestly).

Since Great Lord is a DLC class, she will not need to promote at Lv. 20 and can instead stay in this class and continue gaining its skills (next at 25, then 35), and she can wield the Yato in this class, so it works out just fine for her. Once she hits 20, we'll have Heart Seal access to Hoshidan Noble if we want (trading Naginata access for Dragonstones and Rods of all things), as well as Adventurer (Yumi and Rods) and Bow Knight (Yumi and Katana). With out crappy Mag and E lock for Bows, the only one of those that's really appealing would be Bow Knight, but we're early enough that we could make anything work still if necessary.

Skyleaf - Lv. 18 Shrine Maiden
xQUWuU2.jpg

Skyleaf is one of our two healers at the moment. Compared to Robin, her Mag is much better which makes her a more effective healer, but she's much less durable, with very poor Def and HP. Since she's still staff-locked for the moment, her primary functions are 1) healing every single point of HP that she can to boost her exp as much as possible, B) pairing up to TGK to build their support (they actually unlocked B support last chapter; I'll be writing it up with the next full chapter), and 3) hanging out as close to the action as possible without being in danger to make good use of her Personal skill.

Her two direct promotions are Priestess (gains Yumi) and Onmyoji (gains Scrolls). Onmyoji makes better use of her high Mag stat, but she won't be able to rise above a B rank in Rods, so she won't have access to the A Rank Great Festal, the Fates version of Fortify that heals HP to all units in a 1~10 range. Priestess keep the same mag and does give her some much-needed Str and a bit more bulk, though she won't be very effective as an offensive unit being stuck on E lock with a 2 range only weapon. At best, she'll plink some flyers. Once promoted, she can also Heart seal into Falcon Knight (Rods and Naginata) or Kinshi Knight (Yumi and Naginata). Kinshi is her worst option by far since it's only offensive. Falcon Knight would let her keep her Rod use and be more mobile as well, but like Onmyoji Rods are capped at B rank.

PMJ - Lv. 20 Songstress
TCVWE7F.jpg

PMJ is a primarily a supportive unit, so her stats don't really matter all too much. That said, when she does fight, she's a class cannon. She's got surprisingly high Str and Spd, but her durability is very poor, having less or the same Def/Res/HP than/as Sakura, and that's including Naginata bonus and an Angelic Robe. 7 mov ensures that she can be as useful as possible, singing when necessary to give someone another attack or move (or just to gain some exp). "Shitty Pointy" is a +1 Bronze Naginata, so named because Bronze weapons are pretty poor, but she's still stuck on E rank so I can't give her anything better.

Her Songstress class is a 40 level non-promoting class. She'll gain another skill at 25 and again at 35 if we keep her where she is. Once she hits Lv. 21, she'll have the ability to Heart Seal into a Falcon Knight (Naginata and Rods) or a Kinshi Knight (Naginata and Yumi). Both would keep her current weapon rank (meager as it is) and give her a boost to her defensive stats (and her movement), but they come with the major downside of removing her most useful trait: the ability to sing and refresh units.

Vom - Lv. 18 Ninja
A5qwxve.jpg

Vom is one of two ninja and thee Shuriken wielders that we're currently fielding. Of the three, he's the most consistent, with his high Skl and decent other stats. He has the lowest Spd of all 3, but the +2 Spd bonus from Shuriken helps him out with that, and he still doubles fairly often. He's also got good Def and bulk. Funnily enough, he's had a lot of +Mag level ups, which makes him a prime user of the Flame Shuriken. In fact, "Magic Tossy" ia a +1 forged Flame Shuriken, since the other two have such low Mag there's no point in giving anything to one of them. "Aegislash" is a +1 Iron Shuriken.

His two immediate promotion options are Master Ninja (Shuriken and Katana) and Mechanist (Shuriken and Yumi). Master Ninja would give him a nice Spd boost and well as the ability to S Rank Shuriken for the delicious Chakram (one of the few not-crappy S rank weapons in Fates). Mechanist magnifies his strengths (Str and Def) and gives an extra point of move, but it also magnifies his weaknesses (he would actually LOSE a point of Spd upon promotion). It also would give him access to one of the best skills in the game, Replicate. Either way, he wouldn't really be using the other weapon option at all. He could also Heart Seal into both Samurai promotions: Swordmaster (Katana) and Master of Arms (Katana, Clubs, and Naginata), though both would be definite downgrades to him since he would no longer have Shuriken access at all.

Aura - Lv. 18 Dread Fighter
wqr0BYd.jpg

Aura is one of our three Shuriken wielder. As a Dread Fighter, she also has access to Clubs and Katana, though since those weapons are inferior for most of her purposes, she primarily focuses on using Shuriken (as you can see by looking at her ranks, lulz). She's got very high Spd and Res, and her 1-2 range weapons make her perfect as a mage killer. She's a bit squisher against melee fighters, which isn't optimal for EP, but she still does fairly well for herself. "Jirachi" is a +1 forged Iron Shuriken. She'll get her Raider Sword back once I forge an Iron Katana for Celever.

As a DLC class, she has no promotion options at 20, and can instead stay in this class up to level 40, gaining new skills again at 25 and 35. Once she hits 21, she'll have a few different reclass options. From her original Villager class, she gains access to Merchant (Yumi and Naginata) and Master of Arms (Katana, Naginata, and Clubs); the Merchant class is more defensive and the Master of Arms is more speedy. From her Archer line, she gains Kinshi Knight (Yumi and Naginata) and Sniper (Yumi). Kinshi would let her keep her high Res whereas the Sniper stats are more well-rounded. She gains lots of weapon access in these classes, but none of them use the Shurikens she's been focusing on, so she'd have to pick a new specialty.

Robin - Lv. 17 Monk
uPKZ9dw.jpg

Of our two healers, Robin is definitely less effective with his Rods, but he makes up for it with his bulk. His higher non-magic and defensive stats may seem incongruous, but they'll be very useful upon promotion when Robin learns his true path of violence. However, being staff locked, he has the same focus as Skyleaf more or less, just trying to get as much exp as possible for promotion, and also working on building up his support with Aura.

His two promotion options are Onmyoji (Scrolls and Rods) and Great Master (Rods and Naginata). Onmyoji is a poor choice given his lower Mag, but it would enable him to be a more defensive magic-user, similar to TCG. Great Master on the other hand gives a huge boost to his combat-oriented stats and can turn him into a great offensive unit that still keeps a nice staff rank for healing purposes. Once promoted, he can also Heart Seal into either Mechanist (Shuriken and Yumi) or Merchant (Naginata and Yumi), though either option would take away his Rod access (which would be a loss despite his low Mag; having multiple staffers is useful!) and slow him down a bit. The bright side is that because he has no ranks in anything aside from Rods, he's starting from E rank no matter which weapon he ends up with, to training will be more or less the same in that respect.

TGK - Lv. 18 Grandmaster
Tjis0x0.jpg

Grandmaster TGK is a pretty great defensive magic user. In this sense, his stat page doesn't really tell the whole story because I almost always have him equipped with his "Sparkle Pony" (a +1 forged Horse Spirit), as it gives him +3 Skl/Spd/Def/Res and helps contribute to his powerhouse status, as does Magictaker. His biggest downside is his lack of Spd, which is why Sparkle Pony and the Raider Katana are important, though with Magictaker he can sometimes even OHKO foes and not even need to worry about doubling. His other two forges are "Magestic Moo" (+1 Ox Spirit) and "Reverse Magic" (+1 Calamity Gate).

Once again, as a DLC class, he has no promotion but can instead stay in this class up to lv. 40, gaining new skills again at 25 and 35. Once he hits 21, he'll have a wide variety of reclassing options, however. From Diviner, he gains access to Onmyoji (Scrolls and Rods) and Basara (Scrolls and Naginata). Onmyoji is the more traditional glass cannon mage class, and would give him access to Rods, whereas Basara would keep him more defensively oriented. From his Oni Savage line, he would also gain access to Blacksmith (Clubs and Katana) and Oni Chieftain (Scrolls and Clubs). Oni Chieftain is more similar to Basara and GM, just with Clubs instead, where Blacksmith would be a purely melee class and not a particularly great option. If people would like to have mroe details about the differences between GM, Basara, and Oni Chieftain stat-wise, poke me again when he actually gets to 21 so it's easier for me to compare without lots of restarting.

Palutena - Lv. 18 Spear Fighter
97C68sc.jpg

Palutena is a very nice enemy phase unit for us. She's very defensive (especially if she equips her "Guard Pointy", which is a +1 Guard Naginata) so she can soak up a lot of hits. Her Str and Spd aren't the best, so she might not ORKO, but Seal Defense means it's very easy to sweep up any enemies she leaves behind. Her Vom pair-up also gives her a nice Spd and Mov boost which she makes great use of. Her other forged weapon, "Flowing Pointy", is a +1 Iron Naginata.

Her two immediate promotion options are Spear Fighter (Naginata) and Basara (Naginata and Scrolls). Both classes give her some great skills: Seal Speed and Lancefaire for the former and Rend Heaven for the latter. Basara dilutes her stats a bit since it would make her a bit more magically oriented, but that would help her make better use of a Bolt Naginata. Spear Master would focus her more on Str and Def and would also give her access to the S rank Naginata Waterwheel. She could also Heart Seal into Merchant (Naginata and Yumi) and Mechanist (Yumi and Shuriken), though neither give her very much compared to her standard promotions. Mechanist is nice for its skills and move boost, but she'd be stuck in E ranks.

Xerneas - Lv. 18 Archer
xUvpXaF.jpg

Xerneas is the Archest of Archers. In fact, he's so great, he doesn't even need an Iron Yumi forge. :U Though that's mostly because his prf Fujin Yumi is one of the best bows in the game. From a stat perspective, his greatest strength is his Skl, but he's pretty well-rounded overall. Mostly he spends his time paired up with Athena and the two takes turns based on whether enemy phase is more important (Athena in front) or player phase (Xerneas in front). I do try and keep Athena higher leveled to make the best use of his personal skill, though.

His two base promotion options are Sniper (Yumi) and Kinshi Knight (Yumi and Naginata), which enable him to keep his Fujin Yumi close at hand. Kinshi Knight is a better support class and would give him a boosts to his Spd/Res, whereas Sniper gives more well-rounded stat gains as well as the option to wield the S rank Yumi Pursuer, one of the very few weapons that's stronger than his Fujin Yumi (though it comes with some severe drawbacks). Once promoted, he could also heart Seal into Basara (Naginata and Scrolls) or Spear master (Naginata), though both options rob him of his prf weapon use, so they're not particularly great at all. More interesting promotion options will be available to him once he and Athena S rank.

Jesi - Lv. 18 Ninja
RJYFYJY.jpg

Jesi is our second Ninja and final Shuriken wielder. She's already maxed out her Str and has good Spd, though her Skl is kind of low and her defensive stats aren't the best, turning her into something of a Ninja glass cannon. The massive Spd boosts she gets from her Jabber pair-up ensure that she doubles everything in sight and she's also great at dodging, though when she does get hit, it's pretty bad. Her personal means that she's most effective against other Ninja, though 1-2 range means she's useful in almost all situations anyway. "Lovely Kitty" is a +1 Iron Shuriken forge.

Like Vom, her two immediate promotion options are Master Ninja (Shuriken and Katana) and Mechanist (Shuriken and Yumi), so prepare yourself some some edited copy/pasting. Master Ninja would give her a nice Skl boost and well as the ability to S Rank Shuriken for the delicious Chakram (one of the few not-crappy S rank weapons in Fates). Mechanist would bulk her up a lot and give her an extra point of move, and the Spd loss wouldn't affect her as badly, either. It also would give her access to one of the best skills in the game, Replicate. Either way, she wouldn't really be using the other weapon option at all. She can also Heart Seal into either Onmyoji (Scrolls and Rods) or Basara (Scrolls and Naginata), but neither are a smart option for her based on her 0 Mag and focus on Shuriken.

Celever - Lv. 18 Lodestar
upJZQbl.jpg

Celever is a Lodestar, which is kind of interesting for me as it's a class I've never used before. The Lodestar "Dancing Blade" skill give him +3 Spd and -1 Def, making him the faster character we have, which is kind of interesting considering that we have 2 Ninja and Jabber as well and he beats them all. :U Sadly, his defenses aren't the best, so he's got to be careful; at least his HP is bulky. He hasn't been around all too much yet, but he's proved himself to be decent good so long as he doesn't get overwhelmed with enemies. Since PMJ is more important as a Dancer, he hasn't been pairing up with her, instead pairing up with leftover characters or sticking solo. Now that he's hit D rank, I'll be giving him a +1 Iron Katana forge before the next chapter; you can suggest a name for it if you'd like. :p

Like the other DLC class characters, he has no promotion but can instead stay in this class up to lv. 40, gaining new skills again at 25 and 35. Once he hits 21, we can Heart Seal him into the promoted Kitsune class Nine-Tails, or we can swap him over into Onmyoji (Scrolls and Rods) or Basara (Scrolls and Naginata). Honestly, neither of his base class options are particularly great; he doesn't have the Mag to be an effective magic user, and Kitsune/Nine-Tails are one-range locked and with few weapon options. I guess that's part of why I was so eager to give him access to something different. :p

VeLEsRA.jpg

Last but not least, we have our man Jabber, one of the most useful and OP units in the game, mostly thanks to Raijinto, a 1-2 range high might sword with no drawbacks that also gives him an extra +4 Str just by having it in his inventory even if he's not equipping it. His low defensive stats don't matter since he'll almost never get hit and he has a high HP pool when he does. I'm mostly keep him him paired up to Jesi because it's too easy to just steamroll the game with him, even on "hard" mode. He's a cool dude, though.

As a prepremote, he doesn't have any promotion options, but he does have access to a few reclasses. Master of Arms (Katana, Clubs, and Naginata) would give him access to more weapon types, though all he needs is Raijinto. Falcon Knight (Naginata and Staves) and Kinshi Knight (Naginata and Yumi) rob him of his Prf weapon, but man does he look silly on a flying mount. He'll get access to Ninja promos when he and Jesi get married, too. Reclassing him into anything would gimp him (except maybe a DLC class with sword access), but that's not necessarily a bad thing, I suppose?

--- --- ---

Pretty low update schedule this week; my apologizes! I have a lot of stuff going on on a few different fronts at the moment, so I haven't been able to devote as much time to this. I should be able to post up a new chapter update on Monday, however, so I hope you will look forward to it. :)

Back