Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword - Final Chapter & Epilogue

Chapter 19x: Oooooh sekrit boss battle~

<Green> Alright, so, I guess this must be the rotted tree that guy was talking about.
<Athena> Yep. Looks pretty big, pretty rotted, and pretty tree to me.
<Green> So... we turn west... which way is west again?
<NotJim> There are too many trees; I can't see the sun from here.
<BB> You city boys are useless. Follow me.
<TGK> *whispers* It's a good thing they didn't ask me; I would have gone the other way...
<BB> Green, stop walking so loudly.
<Green> Huh?
<BB> Your armor keeps CLANKing. You're going to let the Black Fang know we're coming a mile away!
<Green> Yeah, armor does tend to be noisy, your point?
<BB> My point is that you need to BE QUIET! >_<
<Luis> *sigh* Your shouting is more likely to get us in trouble at this point...
<BB> Whoops, sorry. >.>​

Meanwhile, at a nearby Fang-controlled fortress...

<Soldier> Hey boss, I heard a bunch of people shouting at each other over to the east. Probably those people we were told to keep a watch out for.
<Aion> Bah, Uhai probably failed. I knew we shouldn't have trusted him.
<Soldier> Wait, is your name really Aion? That's a pretty dumb name.
<Aion> Shut up.
<Soldier> Yessir. >.>
<Aion> Anyway, we'll take them out instead, I guess. I have a siege tome, and there are lots of mooks, this should be no problem. Go send the word to attack!​

Meanwhile, back with the arguing and the CLANKing...

<SM> Ohshi- I'm getting that danger feeling again.
<???> *teleports in* Hey guys. I guess you better get prepared. Or something. *teleports away*
<Green> That was weird. o_o;
<NotJim> I guess we should, uh, prepare for battle then?
<Green> *whips out axe* Let's goooooo!​

We had finally broken out of the thickest part of the trees and found ourselves in a valley with a small mountain range in the north center part of the map and the edge of the map to the south. We'd have to head south and then west around the mountains before we'd be able to swing up to the north again and take the fortress. I left Dart and Oswin behind to take care of Merlinus and the rest of us began the southern trek.

We'd only been progressing (and killing) for a few rounds when something strange happened. A group of bizarre reinforcements appeared near the enemy's fortress.... but they didn't seem to belong to the Fang and their appearance startled the boss as much as it startled us. In addition, a large, red-looking fog seemed to seep out from a large area surrounding the center enemy. It appeared to be kind of barrier that prevented magic being used while inside it.

I shrugged and kept my magic users away from the red area and we continued to make our way forward, slaughtering as we went. Eventually there were only 2 groups left: the boss by himself, and the strange being causing the magic seal with his 4 protectors around him. Since the boss was a Sage and effectively useless as long as the seal was in place, I ignored him for now and sent out strongest melee troops against the extra foes.

Jabber and Robin worked together to remove the snipers, while Green and TGK overpowered the knights. Eventually, only their leader was left, a strange, twisted-looking fellow almost lost inside of his voluminous robes and large hood. It took Green, NotJim, BB, TGK, Robin, Jabber, and Marcus all working together in order to defeat him. He didn't die so much as... dissipate, and the magic barrier disappeared as well.

With that done, we turned out attention back to the boss. We stood a decent distance away and let Skyleaf running around healing everyone while the boss used up his siege tome, then I had everyone crowd in closer, though I didn't want to kill him just yet. We finally had an opportunity to let Skyleaf get a bunch of healing in, and I wasn't going to let it go to waste. Instead I had TGK sit and soak up Thunder hits while Skyleaf healed him each round.

<TGK> Sitting here on my horse, watching you heal me over and over again... I'm once against struck by your remarkable beauty.
<Skyleaf> Uh, thanks.
<TGK> Those eyes, with such exquisite sorrow! What subtle and fine nobility they possess! Tell me, you must be a lady of nobility, such such elegance could never belong on a commoner's face.
<Skyleaf> Well... I guess you are right. I am the daughter of Count Caerleon.
<TGK> And I am TGK, knight of Caelin!
<Skyleaf> ... yes, I know, we've been traveling together for several days now.
<TGK> My dear Lady Skyleaf.... no, that's not enough.... Princess Skyleaf. May I call you Princess?
<Skyleaf> Ummm... I guess if you want to. >_>
<TGK> My deepest and humblest thanks, Princess Skyleaf!
<Skyleaf> If you don't mind, though, I kind of need to concentrate on my healing?
<TGK> Of course, Princess. <3​

Of course, while that was going on, none of the other soldiers had all that much to do, so they kind of relaxed for a bit and waited for the boring part of the battle to be over with. Robin took that time to practice her planned talk with Lord Green, while PP took Jabber aside for a little chat.

<Robin> Um... Th-Thank you for saving me! Do... Do you remember me? I am Robin ... servant of House Caelin...
<Robin> ...I said it! I... I did say it, didn’t I! Huey, I said it! Now, if I can just... ...I can say it to Lord Green ’s face now, right?
<Robin> C’mon, Robin! Chin up! Take a deep breath... You have to speak loudly, remember! ... ... J-Just once more... For practice... Breathe deep...
<Robin> Lord Green!
<Green> Yeah?
<Robin> Eeep! *faints*
<Green> Huh, I wonder what that was about. Am I really that scary? o_o;
... ... ...
<PP> Lord Jabberwock?
<Jabber> Oh, hey, I guess you're still here after all, PP. Why don't you just give up and go home already?
<PP> It's not exactly like I have a home to go back to. If I did, it would be with House Cornwell.
<Jabber> Which no longer exists, as you know.
<PP> Will you please give up this folly of a revenge plan? This really isn't like you...
<Jabber> Yeah? And how would you know, anyway?
<PP> I've been with you since you were small. I'd like to think I know you decently well by now. You like to talk big and even poke fun at me sometimes, but I know that deep down you are a good and caring person.
<Jabber> Just shut up already, would you?
<PP> No I will not! >_<
<Jabber> o_o;
<PP> Why do you pretend you are a different person? I will not leave nor will I be quiet until you explain. If I bother you so, then leave me where you may! Ignore me now and forevermore!
<Jabber> Fine, fine, simmer down, I'm listening to you.
<PP> Thank you.
<Jabber> You’re like... You’re like my last family. Skyleaf is... I should not think of that, should I... I was scared to lose the last of my family. That’s why I wanted to keep you away from the battle. ...But it seems I spoke too harshly. I’m sorry.
<PP> It's cool, bro. <3
<Jabber> <3​

Finally we ran the boss out of his Thunder tome and Jabber and PP went in for the kill.

<BB> Thank god that's over. Sorry I was so testy earlier.
<NotJim> It wasn't just you... I think there was something in the air, something that got on our nerves a bit. I noticed that feeling disappear as soon as we took out that creepy guy the set off the no-magic field.
<Green> Yeah, that guy was weird. Really seemed to piss the boss off, too. I wonder who they were if they weren't with the Black Fang?
<Athena> No idea, but I do know that we managed to fulfill the requirements for the next gaiden, so who feels like going on another sidequest?
<Everyone> Woohoo! \o/​

Current Team!

Lord Green
- Lv. 15 Lord
Lord NotJim - Lv. 15 Lord
Luis - Lv. 17 Mage
Skyleaf - Lv. 14 Troubadour
BB - Lv. 15 Lord
TGK - Lv. 17 Cavalier
Robin - Lv. 16 Pegasus Knight
Jabber - Lv. 16 Mercenary
PP - Lv. 14 Monk

Player Notes

This is the first time so far where a part of the chapter has been significantly harder than expected. And that was taking out the secret boss, whose name is Kishuna.

The actual regular part of the chapter is fairly easy. Lots of mages, but many of them get trapped in the magic seal field when Kishuna appears, too. There aren't many other enemies, and no reinforcements aside from Kishuna's group and a few mages that appear in the upper right that I ended up just fort blocking. You can simply kill Aion while the magic seal is up and he's completely useless, but I wanted to spam heal with Skyleaf so I let him live.

Kishuna is surrounded by 2 Lv. 15 Snipers and 2 Lv. 15 Knights. All 4 I was able to take down in 2 rounds with 2 people helping with each kill, just like I described. Jabber got a level each just from the 2 Snipers.

Kishuna himself was the difficult part. He doesn't attack, but he has high HP, Def, and Spd so 1) no one can double him at all, 2) he's very difficult to hit (I think my highest hit% was in the upper 70s), and 3) it takes a lot of hits to take him down. None of this would be as big a deal except that you have to kill him in one turn. If you attack him but don't kill him, he just teleports away. I definitely wanted to access 19xx, and that meant figuring out a way to kill him.

It probably would have been easier if I were training more melee units, but as it was I only had Green, NotJim, BB, TGK, Robin, Jabber, and Marcus to work with. Dart and Oswin were back at the beginning and I wouldn't have enough time to bring them forward. Luis and PP wouldn't be able to do anything inside the seal. What I ended up doing was mostly using save states to manipulate RNs. I had BB get a critical with a Killing Edge and then had everyone else get 1 kill in, except for Robin and TGK who used up bad RNs by missing with javelin shots from afar. The final hit went to Jabber for another nice exp boost.

After that, another 40+ rounds were spent feeding healing exp to Skyleaf while Aion ran down his tome uses. During that time, I kept Green/Robin, TGK/Skyleaf, and PP/Jabber together and got them each a Support convo as well.

With this level completed, we're really getting pretty high up in levels. It'll still be a few chapters before we get any more promotion items, so my current exp priorities are PP (since he's still below the others), and TGK, Jabber, and Luis (since I have promotion items ready for all 3).

Sorry for the lack of chapter yesterday, as I was very busy, but I hope you enjoyed today's, and I'll be back with 19xx on Monday. :)

Last edited:
<Athena> Yep. Looks pretty big, pretty trotted, and pretty tree to me.
Who's Pretty? I think he just trotted away...
<TGK> Sitting here on my horse, watching you heal me over and over again... I'm once against struck by your remarkable beauty.
<Skyleaf> Uh, thanks.
<TGK> Those eyes, with such exquisite sorrow! What subtle and fine nobility they possess! Tell me, you must be a lady of nobility, such such elegance could never belong on a commoner's face.
<Skyleaf> Well... I guess you are right. I am the daughter of Count Caerleon.
<TGK> And I am TGK, knight of Caelin!
<Skyleaf> ... yes, I know, we've been traveling together for several days now.
<TGK> My dear Lady Skyleaf.... no, that's not enough.... Princess Skyleaf. May I call you Princess?
<Skyleaf> Ummm... I guess if you want to. >_>
<TGK> My deepest and humblest thanks, Princess Skyleaf!
<Skyleaf> If you don't mind, though, I kind of need to concentrate on my healing?
<TGK> Of course, Princess. <3
.///. He called me Princess. Four times.
>///< Oh man, that conversation was a lot longer. Please don't let Jabber hear, please don't let Jabber hear...
^Also, you pretty much got my personality at 100% right there. :D^

Okay, so I just binge-read every single post since I left...
And I'd just like to say that if anybody tries to kill me they are going to die.
Come at me, "Jabber." Let's see what a little toy soldier can do against the Marquess of Ostia.

Chapter 19xx: Double gaiden chapter all the way across the sky :D

<Green> Alright, so, this is the Dragon's Gate I guess.
<NotJim> Let go save my dad! :D
<BB> Wait, where's SM?
<Athena> Oh, geez, did she run off somewhere? -_-;
<Skyleaf> Poor thing... she's so weak and fragile and scared... :<
<Robin> ... so why did she run off? I know what it's like to be weak and fragile and scared and I would never leave you guys and go off on my own. ~_~;;
<NotJim> Well, I guess we should go find her, then. My dad's been with these guys for several months; I guess he can wait one more chapter to be rescued.​

Meanwhile, in a flashback...

CG36.png

<Man> Alright, here's a bag with some food and water in it. Stay here and hide, k?
<Girl> But daddy... where are you going? :<
<Man> I'm going to find your mum, Aenir. Some bad men took her away, so I'm going to go save her. If I'm not back in 10 days... take your brother and go to the other side. You're a clever girl. You'll be able to take care of the both of you.
<Boy> Daddy... don't go.... :<
<Man> You're good children. Don't worry, I'll be back. <3

Back in the present day...

<SM> ... ... ...
<BB> Hey, there you are. Geez, you scared the crap out of us.
<SM> This place... I feel as if I know it... somehow... it's so familiar to me...
<Green> Huh. Why would she be familiar with anything on the Dread Isle?
<NotJim> Could be related to her amnesia or something? *shrug*
<BB> Pretty cool old building, though. Maybe there's something here that could help restore her memory...
<Green> Well, if NotJim's willing to put off saving his dad for another chapter, I guess we might as well investigate...
<???> *teleports in* Hello.
<Green> Geez, why do all these creepy guys in robes keep teleporting at us. >_<
<NotJim> Excuse me, sir, do you live here?
<Traveler> Nope, I'm just a traveler. Decided to rest here for a bit since the place looked like it's been abandoned for quite some time.
<BB> Centuries, probably, by the looks of things.
<NotJim> Is it okay if we check things out for a bit, too?
<Traveler> *shrug* Why not?
<Green> So, what is this place, anyway?
<Traveler> The building ruins appear to date back to the time of the Scouring. From what I've discovered, it seems as if it was a residence of a sorcerer of some sort. I've found the crumbling remains of some cool odl dark magic tomes; pretty fascinating stuff. If only I could unlock their secrets and move closer to the darkness....
<Athena> (Okay, someone please tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks that's creepy as hell.)
<TGK> (Nope, I'm with you, Thena. >____>)
<Traveler> Alas for me, it seems I must make further reparations.
<NotJim> Reparations?
<Traveler> Oh, just dark mage stuff. If you really want to seriously study dark magic, you need to be really careful. If you're weak or have any doubts... the darkness will overwhelm and consume you. Instead, you must erase your self.
<Green> That's, uh.... okay, yeah, I'm starting to side with Athena here, too.
<Traveler> Oh, come on, it's not THAT weird. Bramimond, one of Eight Legends devoted himself entirely to the darkness. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons.
<NotJim> But still... who would be willing to sacrifice their own identity just for power?
<Traveler> Honestly? Quite a lot of people. Have you never felt that there's something or someone you must have at all cost? I know I have. Killing you all is my next desire.
<Green> Wait... what?
<Traveler> Uhai's and Aion's deaths were convenient, but even more convenient was the fact that they wore you all out, letting me, Teodor, reap the rewards of killing Lord Green of Ostia Lord NotJim of Pherae!
<Jabber> Hey, what, are the rest of us not special or something? :|
<Teodor> Once you're all dead, I'll finish looking at the treasures of this place in my leisure. See you later! Enjoy the fog! *teleports away*​

Sure enough, as soon as the weird, robed guy was gone, a heavy black fog settled over the surrounding area. We were surrounded by darkness, and SM was also gone. It seemed like we were getting a battle whether we liked it or not, so we shrugged and got to work.

Thanks to the fog and the unfamiliarity of the layout, it was difficult to make proper preparations, but I could tell a few things for sure: that there would be treasure, that enemy thieves would be trying to get the treasure, and the rest of the enemies would be trying to kill us. I sent Robin flying up north with Green to take the northwest entrance and protect the chest from potential thieves. Meanwhile, Matthew, Luis, and TGK headed down the southern corridor to get to the southeastern chests ASAP, and Marcus carried a torch and led Jabber, PP, and Skyleaf towards the center courtyard. I was planning on having BB and NotJim stay back to protect Merlinus, but enemies swamped the center and they were forced to help out, which ended up being fine, since there were no reinforcements anyway.

To the north, Robin and Green broke into the ruins and worked their way east, finally finding a thief and killing him. They were just about to send word to Skyleaf to unlock the next door when another Thief picked the lock; he also got himself axed.

To the south, Matthew, TGK, and Luis slowly worked their way through the killing hall past archers and mages to finally make their way to the treasure room.... only to see that a thief was already pilfering their contents. Matthew stole the stuff back from him, and also his lockpick, before TGK took him down.

In the center, Jabber, PP, BB, and NotJim held back a host of foes while Skyleaf kept them healed. As they worked their way closer, Teodor started to attack with his dark magic siege tome, but it had a terrible hit%, so everyone was okay. Eventually the other groups met up with the center, and Robin and Jabber teamed up to take the boss down.

Once the boss was killed and the other enemies routed, there was some time to kill. Matthew headed up to the northeast chest to finish his pilfering, and Skyleaf ran around making sure everyone was nicely healed. Jabber and PP sat down in the throne room for another chat.

<Jabber> So, PP, I take it your illness hasn't been bothering you much lately? You seem to be running around with everyone just fine.
<PP> Oh, yeah, I'm cool. Everyone's been really nice to me and all.
<Jabber> So, PP....
<PP> Yes?
<Jabber> Tell me the truth.... do you really think Icarus, Lord of Ostia, killed my parents and caused the downfall of House Cornwell?
<PP> Well, we do know your father was killed... but I have my doubts as to whether it was by Lord Icarus's hands or not.
<Jabber> Yeah.... at the same I was angry, I was looking to blame anyone... so it was very easy for me to believe the rumors that it was Icarus's fault as a fuel for my rage. I should have... ...
<PP> Lord Jabberwock... :<
<Jabber> Working with Lord Green and Lord NotJim has really opened my eyes. I no longer suspect Icarus as I used to. And when this war is over... well, I guess I'll go find answers for myself. But you have to stay home this time.
<PP> But but but... :<
<Jabber> I want to make sure there's someone at home when I come back this time.
<PP> Well, you could always get married, and then you'd have your wife waiting at home for you...?
<Jabber> Ahahahahaha, no. I need no bride to jabber at me. That's what I've got you for.
<PP> Wait a minute... what's that supposed to mean? o_o;
<Jabber> You're so lovable when you're dense. <3
<PP> ... <3​

In the courtyard outside the throne room, another destined meeting was approaching... and another, well, slightly-less-destined.

<Robin> Oooh, man, that was a rough battle. It's nice to get off Huey and stretch my legs for a b--
<Green> Hey! Let me go you stupid flying windbag! Help! I'm being kidnapped by a pegasus!
<Robin> Huey? o_o;;
<Green> What, you want a fight? Get off of me and we'll make it a fair go!
<Robin> Ummm... excuse me... did my Huey do something wrong? >.>
<Green> This ball of death with wings belongs to you?
<Robin> Well, uh, yes...
<Green> The stupid thing grabbed my arm in its mouth and dragged me over here! But as soon as I can reach my axe with my left hand I'll--
<Robin> No! Please! Don't hurt Huey! D: If you have to punish someone... punish me instead!
<Green> Oh, look, you can talk after all, and pretty loudly too!
<Robin> Well, I... umm...
<Green> I see you hanging around a lot like you wanted to say something to me, but everytime I came up to you, you would go "Eeep!" and run and hide somewhere.
<Robin> *blush*
<Green> I asked BB what to do and she just told me to stay the hell away from her friend. Can you believe it?
<Robin> Oh, well...
<Green> So, now that you're here, and I'm here, and you can talk... tell me what you want to say, please. I'm all ears!
<Robin> Yes... yes... I, well... When I first... first met you... Um... In Laus...my Pegasus... He fell, and...Um... Y-You saved me, and... Um... Thank you, very much. ... ... I-I said it! I finally said it! Huey!
<Green> Huh, I don't remember that at all.
<Robin> ... you don't? o_o;
<Green> Nah, I'm fooling with you. Of course I remember! How could I forget you and that witless winged horse falling on top of me?
<Robin> Oh.... yes.... that makes sense.... ^_^;
<Green> You know, I’d better keep an eye on you. Don’t leave my side on the battlefield. Gotta keep you from getting into trouble.
<Robin> Oh, Lord Green... *sniff*
<Green> Ohman, don’t start crying. You know I can’t stand sniffling...
<Robin> <3
<Green> <3
<Skyleaf> Phew, well, that's one more Heal staff worn out, but I have another in my saddlebags. I still have to heal up Robin, Luis, and NotJim, and then...
<TGK> Princess! Princess Skyleaf!
<Skyleaf> *sigh* Oh, TGK, what did you come galloping up here for? Your poor horse is out of breath. There's no more enemies left.
<TGK> I was afraid something happened to you in my absence! It looked as if you were filled with an immeasurable sadness! See how your servant of love hastens to join you?
<Skyleaf> Uhh... nope, I'm fine. Just healing people up, like usual.
<TGK> Ah, thank the heavens! I thought some foul gloom might have overtaken your tender heart! Your faithful TGK could not bear it!
<Skyleaf> Well... I guess there is something that's been bothering me a bit for some time now... but calling it a 'foul gloom over my heart' is a bit of a stretch.
<TGK> I knew it! Oh dear, I simply cannot endure your sadness! Please, if you can, let me bear witness to your grief! I will open up to you all the grace and goodness within me!
<Skyleaf> Sorry to disappoint you, but... it's kind of a secret. I can't tell anyone.
<TGK> D:!!!!
<Skyleaf> I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings? :<
<TGK> No, it was merely a flutter of my heart... *sigh* But... my Princess Skyleaf... if this sadness should overcome you entirely... Then please... consider confessing all to your TGK! You need explain no more! I will ask nothing of you! Darling... I would do anything for you!
<Skyleaf> Sure, I will, thank you TGK.
<TGK> <3
<Skyleaf> I'm... just going to go over here and keep healing people now, though, kay? >.>​

Eventually Skyleaf finished healing everyone and Green seized the throne. Once that was taken care of, everyone split up to search for SM.

<BB> Hey guys! I found her!
<Green> Then, uh, why isn't she with you? >_>
<BB> She's in the library staring at this old picture. I can't get her to move.
<NotJim> What sort of picture? o_o;
<BB> It's of a dragon and a human.
<Green> Oooh, cool. Must be left over from the Scouring. We've got a few paintings of those days in Ostia Castle, too, humans vs. dragons, battles blazing. Pretty cool stuff.
<BB> This isn't a picture of fighting, though... just one human and one dragon. It's actually pretty eerie.
<NotJim> Must belong to that dark sorcerer that used to live here...
<BB> Makes you wonder what kind of a person he was.
<SM> *enters* ...
<NotJim> SM! There you are. :D
<SM> Yes... sorry for the troubles...
<BB> Have you remembered anything?
<SM> No... I'm sorry....
<NotJim> Don't worry so much about it. I'm sure your memories will start coming back soon.
<SM> Yes...
<Green> Alright, well, let's move on then. To the Dragon's Gate!​

Not wanting to stay at the creepy ruins any longer, we packed up our gear and headed back the way we came, back towards the Dragon's Gate, and NotJim's dad, and hopefully some answers to the questions swirling around our heads...

Some time later...

<Keeper> *teleports in* Huh, wait, WTF? I meant to go to the Dragon's Gate, how did I end up here...?
<Keeper> Ohhhh... yeah... I remember this place now. I used to study magic here, back before the Scouring...
<Keeper> I have the feeling that I left something here... something important... but what...?
<Keeper> *wince* Oh, god, my head hurts. Geez, I haven't had a headache like this in ages. >_<
<Keeper> Well, whatever I left behind here couldn't have been that important or I would have come back here for it. I have power now, and nothing else matters. And as soon as I open the Dragon's Gate, I'll have even more power.... mwahahahahahaha.... *teleports out*

CG60.png

Current Team!

Lord Green
- Lv. 15 Lord
Lord NotJim - Lv. 16 Lord
Luis - Lv. 17 Mage
Skyleaf - Lv. 15 Troubadour
BB - Lv. 16 Lord
TGK - Lv. 19 Cavalier
Robin - Lv. 17 Pegasus Knight
Jabber - Lv. 19 Mercenary
PP - Lv. 16 Monk

Player Notes

Hope you guys like long chapters. :D

Woooo... this is actually a somewhat difficult chapter if you want to get everything and you haven't been training a thief. There's 3 fast-moving thieves that will go after chests and generally give you a hard time, with one of them opening the right most chest as soon as turn 3. The only way to get there in time is to run a gauntlet through a narrow hallway guarded by a mage and a knight with 2 archers and another mage outside the walls to snipe you from range, and a troubador with a sleep staff.

2 of the thieves have 20spd which makes it really hard to steal items back, but thankfully the one that acts on turn 3 has only 12spd, so I was able to steal back the Dracoshield he took (and also his Lockpicks). I actually let him keep the Eclipse tome that he yoinked because we have no dark magic user and it would have taken a bunch of rounds to juggle inventory space for stealing and just general awkwardness/danger that I didn't want to risk for an item we can't even use.

TGK gets major gold star points for spending 3 rounds at 1hp and dodging hits like a boss to stay alive because I needed him to use his round to kill things and Skyleaf was too far away to heal him.

Green and Robin spent most of the chapter without seeing much action, which is fine, since I won't be promoting them soon anyway. Both Jabber and TGK are close to promotion, so I'll probably send them out with their promotion items during C20 so they can promote as soon as they hit.

From a plot perspective, this chapter is really fun. It's one of the few times you really get a glimpse at Nergal/Keeper's past and motivations. The CG I show at the end isn't actually shown until endgame, but I think it fits better here, honestly.

Thanks to last chapter's super long healing chain, everyone was only a couple points away from their next supports, so we got a lot of supporting done this chapter too. Both Green/Robin and Jabber/PP are at A support, the highest you can get in the GBA games.

Oh, and that line about Jabber not wanting a bride jabbering at him? I totally didn't make that up:

86D0YLA.png

Next chapter, we finally break the sidestory chain and go back to work on saving NotJim's dad. Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited:
<Robin> Oh, Lord Green... *sniff*
<Green> Ohman, don’t start crying. You know I can’t stand sniffling...
<Robin> <3
<Green> <3
"Well... That escalated quickly..."

Also, things are getting serious! :D
Lastly, will you Athena (milady) make an S Support as well? :p

"Well... That escalated quickly..."

Also, things are getting serious! :D
Lastly, will you Athena (milady) make an S Support as well? :p

I might write some scenes at the end as kind of a bridge gap to the ending CGs, but I hadn't planned to do full-fledged S supports. This may come as a shock, but I'm not actually all that good at writing romance. :p

Okay, I decided to post because of a weird request.
Can my horse please be named Aldwin??

Sure. :3 Though I don't think it will really come up much, if at all.

I might write some scenes at the end as kind of a bridge gap to the ending CGs, but I hadn't planned to do full-fledged S supports. This may come as a shock, but I'm not actually all that good at writing romance. :p

You don't have to write romance, just a confession. Tbh, Awakening had a lot of uncommon, or even unreal marriage proposals :p It could give you an inspiration to give the ending you thought the best to the game you loved the best.

That's kindasorta what I had planned for the ending things. I guess we'll see what you think when we get there. :p

Chapter 19xxx: Just kidding, it's Chapter 20

<Green> Yessss, we're finally getting back to the main plot!
<NotJim> About time, too; I really want to save my dad.
<Athena> Oh, come on, you guys like the sidequests, admit it.
<Green> Well... maybe a little... I do get to kill more dudes after all...
<BB> So, this is the Dragon's Gate, huh?
<SM> ... ... ...
<NotJim> What's wrong, SM? You're trembling...
<SM> This place... so much... power... it's...
<BB> It's your power to sense danger, isn't it? >_>
<SM> I shouldn't have come here. Something bad will happen if I'm here.
<Ephidel> *teleports in* Something bad like me kidnapping you again?
<Robin> Eeek! *hides behind Green*
<Ephidel> You may have escaped us twice, little SM, but you're crazy if you think we'll let you get away from here again.
<Green> Ohhey, so this is the Ephidel we've been hearing so much about.
<Ephidel> How did you know my name? o_o;
<TGK> It's written in those little bracket thingies.
<Ephidel> Oh, huh, so it is. Well, it just so happens that I know who you guys all are, as well.
<Green> *shrugs* I guess we're even, then.
<Ephidel> Sooo... I'm just going to take SM and go now.
<NotJim> Noooooooo!!!​

Before any of us could do anything, Ephidel teleported right next to SM, grabbed her, and then teleported away again deep into the building of the Gate.

<Ephidel> There, finally, geez, I have the stupid girl. *sigh* Darin, you here?
<Darin> Yes, of course!
<Ephidel> Green and NotJim and their little ragtag army are outside. Would you take care of them for me?
<Darin> I'd be happy to... >:3
<Ephidel> Awesome. I'mma take the chick to Keeper now.
<Darin> Sweet. I'll go grab some soldiers and get ready. *flees*
<Ephidel> Master, I've brought the girl.
<Keeper> Excellent. :3 Let's get ready for the ceremony then.
<Elbert> Keeper.... >:|
<Keeper> See, Marquess? I told you it would happen.
<Elbert> Where's my son? >:|
<Keeper> Oh, he's still alive... for now...
<Elbert> I'll see you die first!​

With a sudden lurch, Elbert leapt forward at Keeper, but before he could get anywhere, Jaffar materialized out of the shadows and grabbed the man, holding him back.

<Jaffar> ... ... ...
<Keeper> Oh, my little Marquess, when did you work out of your bonds?
<Elbert> >:|
<Keeper> No matter, you can't escape destiny. Jaffar, take him and the girl to the far chamber. I shall begin my preparations.
<Jaffar> ... ... ...​

Meanwhile, back at the front, an enemy Paladin rides forward....

<Paladin> Welcome to the Dragon's Gate! We've been waiting for you. :3
<Green> Where's NotJim's dad? >:|
<Paladin> Oh, he's inside, but you'll never reach him. You'll have to get through me and Marquess Laus and a bunch of Black Fang first, mwahahahahahahhaha~ *rides off*
<Green> Oh. Well... that was.... a thing.​

As enemies began pouring out of doorways and jumping up behind walls, we split up and went to work. TGK and Skyleaf went with Matthew to grab a nearby chest while Luis, BB, and NotJim all headed into a central indoor area. The rest of the fighters stayed on the west path and headed north, plowing through enemies as they went. Jabber took down the boss Paladin that had run at us earlier and that was enough EXP to get him up to Lv. 20 so he could make use of that Hero Crest he picked up earlier. Jabber is now a Hero!

TGK, Skyleaf, and Matthew eventually caught up with the group just as they were splitting up again; Jabber and PP to the left, Robin and Green to the right. Skyleaf ran after Green to get him healed up while the others followed the far western path to break into the side of the main building where enemy fighters had broken in before.

Green and Robin were just about to storm into the main, top building when the front door was flung open by an enemy Myrmidon that was quickly dispatched by Robin. Green ran in, axe swinging, only to be approached by an enemy thief with a sly grin.

<???> Oh, hey, perfect timing.
<Green> Yeah, perfect timing to kick your ass! *swings axe*
<???> *dodges* Whoa there, big boy, take it easy. I'm no Fang. I'm defecting.
<Green> Huh, so you're trying to get away from this little criminal group here?
<???> Yep, just pilfering some stuff before I go.
<Green> Say, if you want to properly break ties with this bunch, why don't you come with us? We're fighting them after all.
<???> Really? You're fighting against the Black Fang?
<Green> Yeah... something weird about that?
<Legault> Not particularly, but I would like to give you a small piece of advice... namely that your enemy isn't the Fang Leader, Brendon Reed. It's this creepy guy named Keeper...
<Green> I don't care who leads the Fang! I'm going to kill them all for what they've done to us!
<Legault> Well, isn't that... peachy. Sure, I'll come help you out. My name's Legault. I've been with the Fang for a while, though... I don't really like the direction they've been heading recently, so I can't tell you much about recent developments.
<Green> Eh, fine by me. I just thought another thief would be useful.​

Meanwhile, over to the east, BB, NotJim, and Luis were capably handling a stream of reinforcements. To the west, PP was holding back a swarm of Mages while Matthew, Jabber, and TGK broke through to the west side of the main building. TGK had just reached Lv. 20 and took a quick breath to reach into his saddlebags and pull out his Knight Crest. TGK is now a Paladin!

Slowly the pieces started falling together as the group worked towards their conclusion, the throne at the center of the main, northern building. Surrounded on all 3 sides by enemies, Darin looked like a madman in armor, ranting and raving about how he was the master of the world. Green, PP, and Luis worked together to take him down. As Green seized the throne, Luis has just enough time to pop on his Guiding Ring and evolve. Luis is now a Sage!

<BB> Welp, I guess that's the end of Darin.
<Green> He was a mad fool.
<NotJim> I don't give a crap about him. Come on, guys, let's go find my dad!​

Together, we all rushed up the stairs, deeper into the Dragon's Gate. We entered into a strange, dark green room with an immensely large staircase leading further upward.

<NotJim> Dad! DAAAAAAD! Are you here? It's me, your beloved NotJim!
<Elbert> Son....
<Green> The voice sounded like it was coming from the top of these ominous stairs. Let's go!
<NotJim> Oh, dad, it really is you. :D
<Elbert> NotJim. <3
<NotJim> <3
<Elbert> Oh, wait, crap, right, forget about the <3 stuff for now, you gotta grab that girl and get out of here!
<NotJim> SM?​

Sure enough, SM was standing a little way further into the room. She stood perfectly still, her eyes blank pools. It was as pretty as it was creepy.

<Elbert> Yes, her. She's the key to the Dragon's Gate. You must escape with her before Keeper comes back!
<NotJim> SM! Come with us, let's go.
<SM> ... ... ...
<Luis> Something's wrong with her... she doesn't look right at all.
<NotJim> Well, I'll just grab her then, we need to get out of here fast.
<Green> And I'll grab your dad.
<Elbert> Yay, piggyback ride. :D
<BB> Umm... guys... this creepy assassin-looking guy is blocking the exit.
<Jaffar> ... ... ...
<Elbert> Ohshi- that guy is really good.
<Ephidel> *teleports in* Yes, he is. :3 Even among the varied talents of the Black Fang, Jaffar's talents are feared above all else.
<Jaffar> ... ... ...
<Ephidel> Thank you for holding them up, dear, you can head on back to Bern for your next assignment now.
<Jaffar> ... ... ... *leaves*
<Ephidel> Now, if the rest of you would follow me, my master has a little... show for you.
<Elbert> No! You can't do it! You can't release the dragons!
<Green> Uhh... what?
<NotJim> What are you guys talking about? o_o;
<Ephidel> You shall learn shortly... at the expensive of your father's life! Mwahahahahaha~
<Elbert> Ugggggh.. what's... argleblargle.... x_o;
<NotJim> Dad? D:
<SM> ... po... power....
<Elbert> Gahhhh.... x_x;
<Keeper> Yes, SM. It's time now. Open the Dragon's Gate.
CG15.png

<SM> Open... gate...​

Suddenly, the ground began to shake with tremendous power, and wall behind SM, Ephidel, and Keeper flared to life with an orange glow. It was not actually a wall at all, but some kind of strange... well, gate, I guess. A flickering and swirly orange pattern appeared within the border, first looking like nothing so much as a soup of light, but soon an outline appeared... and outline of a... dragon.

<Keeper> Yes... that's it... this way, dragon! Come on! Who's a good boy?
<SM> Come... children of flame... come to me....
CG34.png

<Luis> Ohshi-
<Robin> Eeeep! *hides behind Green*
<NotJim> Is that really a dragon? o_o;
<PP> Certainly looks like one to me.
<Keeper> Yessss!! SM, let the power flow through you! >:3
<???> Hold it!
<Everyone> *gasp*
<Celever> *rushes up like a boss, flute in hand*
<Ephidel> You!
<BB> It's Celever!
<Celever> SM, it's me! Come on, snap out of it! You can't do this!
<SM> Cel... ever....
<Keeper> Oh, son of a.... Ephidel, get him out of here! He'll disrupt the ritual!
<Ephidel> Ohno, the power is running wild! Celever, you--
<Celever> The dragon's going to explode! Everyone run!​

Not wanting to be confronted with an exploding dragon, we all ran backwards to the safety of the staircase, looking back just in time to see the dragon explode in a flash of fire and brilliance, taking Ephidel with it.

<Keeper> Celever, I swear I'm going to.... !!! >_<! Come here, both of you! >_<
<SM> What? No. :<
<Celever> We'll never follow you, dirty old man. >:|
<Keeper> Why you little--
<Elbert> Not this time, you rascal! *backstabs*
<Keeper> Ack! Why aren't you dead yet! Gah, all of you guys just piss me off. oooh, that stab stings like a-- *teleports out*
<NotJim> Dad!
<Elbert> Be careful, NotJim, he'll come back.
<NotJim> Well, we'll deal with that when it happens. For now, let's get you home.
<Elbert> Nah, I think I'm just going to die here, if it's all the same with you. x_x;
<NotJim> Noooooooo....!!!
CG16.png

<Green> Welp. >_>​

Current Team!

Lord Green
- Lv. 17 Lord
Lord NotJim - Lv. 17 Lord
Luis - Lv. 1 Sage
Skyleaf - Lv. 17 Troubadour
BB - Lv. 16 Lord
TGK - Lv. 1 Paladin
Robin - Lv. 18 Pegasus Knight
Jabber - Lv. 1 Hero
PP - Lv. 17 Monk

Player Notes

Another pretty plot-heavy chapter. Hope you all feel up to reading. :p NotJim's dad is history, there's something serious weird going on with SM, and.... no one knows where the plot is going next because the whole mission so far has been "find NotJim's dad". But Nergal and the rest of the pesky Black Fang are out there somewhere...

From a gameplay perspective, this chapter is kind of an easier version of 19xx. Both chapters feature both indoor and outdoor areas with limited pathways available, and chests spread out with enemy thieves around. It's not as hard to beat the thieves this time though, since the best one of them is recruitable. Legault helps you out by grabbing the right-hand chests before you recruit him, leaving Matthew few to handle the left chests and swap the Member Card from the other thief.

Speaking of the Member Card, we have it now! And there's not one but TWO secret shops right in this level. One sells kind of random stuff and I picked up a Physic from there; the other sells Killer weapons, and I bought a bunch of those for fun.

Jabber, TGK, and Luis all got promotions today, hurray! \o/ I was also planning to promote Skyleaf except that we don't have any Tomes she can wield at the moment, so I figured I'd just wait until we get to a shop. We'll also be getting an Elysian Whip next chapter so that Robin can promote soon, and then PP will be the last non-Lord to promote when we get our 3rd Guiding Ring in C24.

Unfortunately, the Lords only get to promote at certain times, which is why I'm trying not to give them too much EXP right now. One of NotJim or BB will be able to promote at Chapter 26; the other C28. Green can't promote until C29. Poor Lords. Could be worse, though. Could be Roy.

For now, hope you enjoyed the chapter!

<Paladin> Welcome to the Dragon's Gate! We've been waiting for you. :3
<Green> Where's NotJim's dad? >:|
<Paladin> Oh, he's inside, but you'll never reach him. You'll have to get through me and Marquess Laus and a bunch of Black Fang first, mwahahahahahahhaha~ *rides off*
<Green> Oh. Well... that was.... a thing.​
That's exactly how I'd describe this.

Also, I'd have laughed so much if you made Notjim's dad Jim.

I swear they had that guy ride up and taunt everyone just as an excuse for having a second "boss" in this chapter. I put boss in quotes because he went down like a toddler in a football game, but it was amusing at least.

Roy is actually NotJim's son, and he is the main Lord of Fire Emblem: Binding Blade (FE6), the game before this one. FE7 is actually a "prequel" to FE6, and some of the characters in FE6 are children of characters from this game.

I don't actually like FE6 nearly as much as I like FE7, but I was considering doing that as my next playthrough here.

Back