Ask a Play! Pokémon Question

RE: Ask a simple Play! Pokemon question here!

I heard somewhere that there isn't going to be any top cuts for the Fall BR's. While I immediately dismissed it as a rumor I'd just like to make sure that it really is. So, will the Fall BR's have top cuts?

I checked the guides and even checked TPCi's forum and found no information stating there would not be a top cut. If there isn't going to be a top cut for fall BRs, the information isn't suppose to be released yet.

King Arceus said:
I checked the guides and even checked TPCi's forum and found no information stating there would not be a top cut. If there isn't going to be a top cut for fall BRs, the information isn't suppose to be released yet.

Pete de Shaw on PokeGym said the information was true and could be released.

I only check the gym for compendium rulings. Usually things like this get posted on TPCi's forum first.

King Arceus said:
I only check the gym for compendium rulings. Usually things like this get posted on TPCi's forum first.

SD Pokemom posted it and I assume she's pretty high up.

At a battle roads tournament, will the organiser provide play mats and status counters, or do you have to bring your own?

Thanks

Bring your own, this way, whenever you have a match and the organizer doesn't supply status counters all will be good. They will NEVER supply playmats, only as prizes.

Can anyone provide me with a contact e-mail of play pokemon, preferably on organized play and reporting situations?

Thanks.

They don't have an email. You need to log in to your account an post a ticket.

593462 said:
Question: When does japan have rotation?
I think it's sometime around January/February... I'm not sure of the exact date, but I know it coincides with a major tournament over there.

I know how to search the ranks of each division, country, and state/province, but where can I see my own ranking if I don't find myself in the search?

I couldn't seem to find this anywhere, so I'll just ask here. How old do you have to be to judge a tournament such as a Battle Road? Also, if I'm old enough, how hard would it be for a non-professor to become a judge? Does it depend on the TO?

It really is up to your TO on how old they require you to be to judge. In order to be an actual Professor you do have to be 18 and pass the Professor Exam. If you show great understanding of the rules and help teach players it will increase the chances of your TO letting you judge. Perhaps talk to your TO about doing something small to help at an event such as running match slips and posting pairings.

If the TO asks you why you want to judge, the answer should not be because you want packs. It should be because you want to help events run smoothly.

FUGGNUTZ said:
I couldn't seem to find this anywhere, so I'll just ask here. How old do you have to be to judge a tournament such as a Battle Road? Also, if I'm old enough, how hard would it be for a non-professor to become a judge? Does it depend on the TO?

I was allowed to help at a Prerelease last year when I was 13.

Well in my mind, the packs are just an added bonus. :p

Thanks for the replies! If it makes any difference, the local TO is Vince Krekeler (meganium45 pn PokeGym), and they're holding a Battle Road in Edwardsville, IL in Autumn(?). I'll get in contact with him once the date is set, and I'll see if I can judge.

If you say you don't need packs, they will probably let you.

How many cp do you earn for winning a battle roads?

you win 15 CP for coming in 1st place at a BR's in the US

here's a link to all the CP you win at events: http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/championship-series/championship-points/#structure

^Thanks a lot :)

Back