• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Articuno EX/Garbador

Clownshateu2

RIP Pokemon TCG: 1996 - 2011.
Hey guys, saw this idea occasionally pop up here in there, so I decided to test it myself. This is what I have so far:

Pokemon - 9
3x Trubbish (NVI)
3x Garbodor (DRX)
3x Articuno EX

T/S/S - 40
4x N
4x Professor Juniper
2x Skyla
2x Bianca
1x Colress
4x Pokemon Catcher
4x Colress Machine
3x Switch
4x Hypnotoxic Las-(Beam of Doom)er
3x Ultra Ball
3x Rescue Scarf
3x EXP Share
1x Computer Search
2x Virbank City

Energy - 11
4x Plasma Energy
7x Water Energy

Feel free to make any suggestions :D

Just played on PlayTCG: 2-0 against Darkrai-Lasers, 1-0 Empoleon, 1-0 Zeels. Doing solid so far :D

Hey, i'm quite a fan of this deck 'cause it's like an anti-meta 'cause locks Blastoise/Keldeo and Darkrai Variants.

I've been testing over and over on the internet and probabbly is the deck that i might use on the Estate/Nats.

So, in my build, I run 2 Victini Ex, 'cause it's awesome for this deck, not it only energize faster the articuno but it's a great counter for Cobalion Ex.

Try to make the deck as "neat" as you can, like: 4 catcher, 4 switch, 4 colress machine...
I Only run 4 tools for garbodor that is the 4 Rescue Scarf

IMO:

-1 N
-1 Colress
-4 Hypnotoxic
-3 Exp Share
-1 Computer Search
-2 Virbank
=12

+2 Victini Ex
+1 Bianca
+1 Rescue
+1 Switch
+2 Skyarrow (so you can break others virbanks and still free retreat with articuno and vcitini)
+1 Super Rod
+1 Tool Scraper
+1 Victory Piece
+1 Water Energy
+1 Fire Energy (just in case the ACE SPEC gets prized)

That's just how would play it. Hope it help with something. :D

GebaDoce said:
Hey, i'm quite a fan of this deck 'cause it's like an anti-meta 'cause locks Blastoise/Keldeo and Darkrai Variants.

I've been testing over and over on the internet and probabbly is the deck that i might use on the Estate/Nats.

So, in my build, I run 2 Victini Ex, 'cause it's awesome for this deck, not it only energize faster the articuno but it's a great counter for Cobalion Ex.

Try to make the deck as "neat" as you can, like: 4 catcher, 4 switch, 4 colress machine...
I Only run 4 tools for garbodor that is the 4 Rescue Scarf

IMO:

-1 N
-1 Colress
-4 Hypnotoxic
-3 Exp Share
-1 Computer Search
-2 Virbank
=12

+2 Victini Ex
+1 Bianca
+1 Rescue
+1 Switch
+2 Skyarrow (so you can break others virbanks and still free retreat with articuno and vcitini)
+1 Super Rod
+1 Tool Scraper
+1 Victory Piece
+1 Water Energy
+1 Fire Energy (just in case the ACE SPEC gets prized)

That's just how would play it. Hope it help with something. :D

Thanks for the reply :D but if i were to test Victini EX, wouldnt a buffed up Skyla count help me grab the victory peice? And I just hate the fact that Victini is so good at acceleration, but target practice for Keldeo :/

And i understand the neatness aspect, but since this deck calls for a wide range of cards to keep a lock, its hard :/ especially with the switches. Ultra Ball dosnt need too many spots sonce it doesnt run many evolutions but I do support what your saying :3

Sure victini is an easy target, but the strategy of this deck is: take all prizes at once

How? Keldeo, Mewtwo, Tornadus, Rayquaza and all the others EX's that has 170HP are the targets of your Frost Prison, you hit 2x at one, then catcher the other and hit 2x again, the other, and finish with Blizzard to get all the prizes. I know, this is hard to do, but not impossible. Many times testing, I could pull 3-4 Prizes at once. Easier than Lugia :D

So, are you ok trading the 2 prizes of victini for the 6 of the oponent? ;)

Hm.... true. So maybe something like this?
Test List:

Pokemon- 11
2x Victini EX
3x Articuno EX
3x Trubbish
3x Garbodor

T/S/S - 36
4x N
4x Juniper
3x Skyla
3x Bianca

4x Pokemon Catcher
4x Colress Machine
4x Switch
3x Ultra Ball
3x Rescue Scarf
3x EXP Share
1x Victory Peice

Energy - 13
4x Plasma Energy
2x Prism Energy
7x Water Energy

Roughly around there?

Clownshateu2 said:
Hm.... true. So maybe something like this?
Test List:

Pokemon- 11
2x Victini EX
3x Articuno EX
3x Trubbish
3x Garbodor

T/S/S - 36
4x N
4x Juniper
3x Skyla
3x Bianca

4x Pokemon Catcher
4x Colress Machine
4x Switch
3x Ultra Ball
3x Rescue Scarf
3x EXP Share
1x Victory Peice

Energy - 13
4x Plasma Energy
2x Prism Energy
7x Water Energy

Roughly around there?

Yeah, sure, something like that.
I would prefer
-2 prism
+1 fire
+1 super rod

Just to reinforce that I really like skyarrow in this deck so you can break virbank and you can get trubbish from the active without the energy of the turn (if you start with it or something like that)

Back