Art of the Week #3: Results: congrats to bacon on a fine entry this week!

RE: Art of the Week #3: Submissions closed. Time to vote -- open to anyone through Monday night!

#13 and #17 for me!!!
Bacon you still got it buddy!!

RE: Art of the Week #3: Submissions closed. Time to vote -- open to anyone through Monday night!

: )

I think... #2 and #16

Aw man... I was too late to enter. :(

#13 and #16

7 and 13

Id choose #8 and #13. Awesome artwork!

I vote for

There is a lot of awesomeness here, but it has to be these two. :D

#7 and #9

RE: Art of the Week #3: Submission deadline July 22nd!

P0KEVORTEX said:
So cute! I actually drew a rivalling Dunsparce a week ago. I'll set to work on colouring that!

Hey, didn't see you there, bud. Thanks! :D

I saw your Dunsparce. You did great. ^^

---

Uhm... I think I'm going to vote for #7 and #13. While other entries appear to have taken more time and effort or involve things that I really like (such as that Dunsparce), I made my choice by combining the two elements. Entry #7 is just so cute and I really enjoy the style and colors on entry #13. That reflection is fantastic!

Dunsparce have no votes yet. Poor things. D: My bad. Dunsparce has 1 vote. Thanks Rock Wrecker. :D

,(,(\)3')=>

Can't think of second choice.

13 and 16. I like how nicely those are done, because it seems banners and stuff would be more simple than real drawings.

Nekoban Ryo said:
Hey, didn't see you there, bud. Thanks! :D

I saw you Dunsparce. You did great. ^^

---

Uhm... I think I'm going to vote for #7 and #13. While other entries appear to have taken more time and effort or involve things that I really like (such as that Dunsparce), I made my choice by combining the two elements. Entry #7 is just so cute and I really enjoy the style and colors on entry #13. That reflection is fantastic!

Dunsparce have no votes yet. Poor things. D: My bad. Dunsparce has 1 vote. Thanks Rock Wrecker. :D

,(,(\)3')=>

Thanks for the compliment! Yours was really great - it definitely had my 3rd vote!
For some reason, I get no votes or a very small amount in these contests. I might stop doing them soon.

P0KEVORTEX said:
Thanks for the compliment! Yours was really great - it definitely had my 3rd vote!
For some reason, I get no votes or a very small amount in these contests. I might stop doing them soon.

Just feel the pride that you did it, and your proud of your art! :D

My drawing probably isn't going to get any votes, but that just pushes me to get better, and it still makes me proud to feel I added my drawing! :D

P0KEVORTEX said:

You really lose when you quit.

A while back there was an art contest -thingy and Xous entered and a single person quit because Xous entered. Well you know what? Xous and the other participants (I believe myself included) were like be proud of your art and don't give up. A decent amount of people joined in it despite Xous entering. It's all about having fun and being proud of what we do and who we are. What are we? We are Artists bro!

Yeah, good points there.
Now that I look back at it, it seemed like a selfish and childish post to me. I was trying to imply that it's not worth the effort when it seems that people don't even notice it. I understand that the competition is great, and I wouldn't have entered if I had something against it. I just feel that my work seems to be either ignored or forgotten, but that's probably just me.
These art competitions are one of the only things I'm constantly up to date with on here. I'd be sad to leave them, but when it seems that it's not even worth posting, I don't see mch point.

Once again, two entries lead the entire pack. :/

Oh well, at least I got two votes. :3

I wouldn't pay too much heed to the number of votes you get, Vortex. The truly important things are recognising how you yourself have improved as an artist, what you have learned, and how you can work to be even better. Votes can't really tell you any of those. If it's any consolation, I spent way more effort on my entry for the previous competition, yet it hardly gained any votes at all!

I don't think anybody's art has really been forgotten, it's just that it's difficult for people to leave feedback for each submission when there are so many. : )

7 & 13.

I just love that Sandshrew. It´s just cute. :3
And I like the effect of Gastrodon and it´s surroundings. Good Job!

(I knew nobody would vote for me. : P)

er...

RE: Art of the Week #3: Final tallies...

Final tallies are in...

2. III (3)
3. II (2)
4. I (1)
7. IIIII IIII (9)
8. II (2)
9. II (2)
13. IIIII IIIII (10)
16. III (3)
17. II (2)

This week, the winner is bacon! Congrats on a fantastic entry:
gastrodonrequest-1.png

Runner-up this week was Gabriel, with a fantastic entry as well:
munching_sandshrew_by_gaborboth-d3ocjg7.png

Once again, I'd like to point out that every entry was impressive, and that just because your piece didn't win doesn't mean you should give up. That's the beautiful thing about art -- as long as you enjoy creating it, it's worth it. Thanks to everyone who participated this week, and I hope you'll continue to do so!

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Back