Are You More of a Collector or a Player?

I'm a collector. I know how to play the TCG, but I'm not really any good at it and there isn't anyone for me to play with. I'm trying to collect all the Pokemon in order (kind of like a Pokedex), and then completing sets from Boundaries Crossed and onward. It's.....difficult and a long process lol. Considering I rarely have money or I only pull the same cards over and over. xD

Collector. Unfortunately stopped after team rocket back in the day and have only recently gotten back into it. Currently trying to complete all sets up to neo destiny then black and white, pretty much decided im not going to bother with all the ex dp sets etc that i missed, there are.... a lot of them.

I'm not a serious collector, even though I'm constantly looking for cards. I've made more progress as a player overall, but the highest degree of play that I've reached recently is at the side events at Nats. I play a lot of PTCGO, but I only have one or two viable decks built.

I'm not much of a collector, I just get cards to play (and win) with.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm a collector, but only of four sets currently. Even though I've been buying cards for over 15 years I never played the game.

I love playing in Pokemon League but I am thankful for the ability to use the Video Game there aswell.
The TCG is fun but I really just love collecting cards with wonderful artwork. It's the whole reason I really ever invest in a set!

((which is kind of a bummer cause it looks like I'll be passing up X/Y's set so far ))

TokenDuelist said:
((which is kind of a bummer cause it looks like I'll be passing up X/Y's set so far ))

The X/Y Set hasn't been 100% spoiled, I'd say that only 20-30% of it got leaked early. There are some cards in this set with great potential namely Delphox (Mystical Fire) and Greninja (Water Shuriken) although I don't really care that much about the Mega Evolution cards spoiled for Venusaur and Blastoise cause I know they'll be terrible in the current format, plus the artwork on those cards is pretty bad with the attack text taking up most of those cards.

Evolutionary Soda is a nice addition to the format as well as Pal Pad which ironically isn't in the actual X / Y games but it allows you to get 2 Supporters from your Discard Pile to return back to your hand. I'm still hoping for that functional reprint of Roseanne's Research/Pokemon Collector to get printed in the X / Y Set to make up for the new 1st turn rules as well as better draw supporters although we are getting reprints for Cheren (now as Tierno in X / Y) and Super Scoop Up which might make Jirachi EX more playable to use Stellar Guidance twice in one turn.

I said "so far" though. ahaha...

Yeah the cards are great, I do like them, but I think I would much rather buy singles or weigh packs when it comes out. Odds are there's going to be at least something in there worth me buying packs for~

100% Collector here. Mainly Japanese cards (they look better, and those are the "originals" after all), and some english promos.

I barely know how to play the game. Although I do love it when I pull a random worthless (to me) card that ends up being worth like $10-$15 trade value as it is used in the meta game.

Player all the way. I've been doing consistently well lately, and I'd like to get my World's invite again this year.

I'm mainly a collector and ptcgo player since I'm always busy with work or my family. Plus I would feel weird at pokemon league at 25. Plus I Don't think there is a place to play around me. But love how the game plays.

Right now I'm more of a collector, but I hope to become a player someday! There's a league near me, but I want to build a solid deck before I go and play. :)

I'm a collector. I've only got holos and ultra rare cards from past sets, but I'm going to try completing the X and Y sets in Japanese when they're released.

I'm a player, its so much more money efficient, and I can start collecting whenever I want as I win lots of booster boxes etc. at tournaments. I personally feel its more fun to be able to play with the cards rather that just keeping them in a binder and never using them.

Back