Are These Cards Real or Fake?

RE: Are These Cards Real or Fake?

You're very welcome! :D I actually didn't know about the reprint myself; I was about to write it off as fake originally, but ChaosCards has a good reputation, and I highly doubt they would have put a fake card for sale on their site like that, so I thought I would dig a bit deeper. I wonder how prolific that reprint set was, since I didn't see all too many scans online compared to the e-reader print run (though, admittedly, I didn't spend all TOO much time looking for other examples).

Athena said:
You're very welcome! :D I actually didn't know about the reprint myself; I was about to write it off as fake originally, but ChaosCards has a good reputation, and I highly doubt they would have put a fake card for sale on their site like that, so I thought I would dig a bit deeper. I wonder how prolific that reprint set was, since I didn't see all too many scans online compared to the e-reader print run (though, admittedly, I didn't spend all TOO much time looking for other examples).

Looking through my cards it seems possible that TCG Sandstorm did the same with the duplication of the set without the dot codes

Edit: - Actually a few sets may have i am going to have to look in to this a bit more because i also have Dragon & Team Aqua/Magma with the same things

huh i didnt know whole sets from R/S to Team Aqua Team Magma were reprinted or was it only certain cards?

[split] Card Errors Database - Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - No Misprints

Hey everyone,
I was cleaning out my collection and putting everything on ebay, as I was looking thorugh i found I have a 1st ed Typhlosion from Neo, but as i was looking up the price I noticed mine has a small red circle shape with a white outline around it(Like the one on the set symbol) next to the set symbol. All the other pictures I looked up online none of them had it. Anyone seen this before? If its a misprint is it worth anything more?

Thanks!!
on3M6Pc.jpg

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - no misprints)

omahanime said:
Error Class:

Printer: When a single card, or a very small run of cards have the same error. Normally smudges, miscuts, or alignment errors. Value is variable and discretionary.

That is just an ink spot. I do not believe there is any added value.

The-Kaiser said:
huh i didnt know whole sets from R/S to Team Aqua Team Magma were reprinted or was it only certain cards?

Ok so i actually found further information to these cards without the dot codes and E logo. they are actually from the EX era 2 player sets which were release so it looks like it is only certain cards not the whole set

RE: New Errors and Misprints Thread

Shagdaddy35 said:
Hi I'm trying to figure out if card I got in a pack is fake or if there was an error printing or something. The card is from the Black & White and is Pikachu 115/114. Everything on the card is exactly the same as the pictures that I see online except for the abilities. The pics online show "Energize" & "Thunderbolt" with the descriptions of each below them. My card instead has "Rear Kick" & "Rear Kick" as the abilities, but has the same descriptions as the cards I have seen online. Can anyone enlighten me on this. Thanks

I just wanted to piggyback on this because my son brought home a card like this also. He was all excited because a kid in his class said it was worth $50 lol, so I figured I would research it for him. Card quality is poor at best since he is in 4th grade. Any help?

xwreEle.jpg

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - no misprints)

It's definitely a fake, the fonts and the Attacks give it away. But it IS worth 50... cents. lol

Yes, definitely fake, sorry. Here is a scan of what the real card should look like:

115-pikachu.jpg

I have a Charizard EX from Flashfire that has a red dot on the lower jaw. It isn't the first thing you see when you look at the card, but it is definitely noticeable. Does anyone have any idea what this card is worth? I can't post a picture now, but I can later if anyone is interested.

Without a picture it's hard to say for certain, but it definitely sounds like a printer error to me.

Zorua said:
Printer: When a single card, or a very small run of cards have the same error. Normally smudges, miscuts, or alignment errors. Value is variable and discretionary.

Athena said:
Without a picture it's hard to say for certain, but it definitely sounds like a printer error to me.

Zorua said:

You quoted the wrong person.

omahanime said:

That hurts. - - - - Not really.

Unless multiple examples with the exact same color in the exact same spot, there is no added value. Could even be less value, because many Charizard fans will view it as not a perfect card. TPCi quality control leaves a lot to be desired. I have pulled multiple scratched, smeared, miscut, or inkspot cards out of a box.

I quoted it that way so the quote link linked to the OP of the thread rather than an old thread. :p But, you're right, you do deserve credit. <3 *gold star*

But, yeah, printer errors like that tend to lower the value, if anything, even though it's not the fault of the person who owned the card. English card quality control is the pits.

[split] fake

The other aspect is printer errors can be created. Cards can be purposely miscut. Ink can be dropped on cards. Ink can be smeared on cards. Should anyone pay extra for someone's ploy? What is the difference between that and having value in fakes?

RE: Unusual pokemon card - would like information on it

Thediepend said:
Hello,

I came here to see if anyone knew what this pokemon card is (pics attached). I purchased a booster pack: base set in 1999 and found a double sided card with the pokeball design, but one side is colored and the other is in grey scale.

I have had it checked out by other collectors and comic stores to find information but had little luck. The other cards which came along with it have been verified and confirmed for authenticity, to make this more convincing that it is not a fake.

Please let me know what you think!

I have this same card!!! I have never been able to find any information on it. I pulled it from a pack in 1999 as well!! Please let me know if you have any other information!

RE: Card Errors Database - Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - No Misprints

Hey guys i have a hole mewtwo level X card from the pearl and diamond series which has two level x symbols, i know the error was corrected because i have two other mewtwo level X cards without the error, any idea what it is worth ?

RE: Card Errors Database - Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - No Misprints

got a pic of that card? :)

I cant post the pictures here because the file is too heavy so go on my twitter ill post them there
https://mobile.twitter.com/Mouchabourta

Sorry, but that's a fake card. The font and border are very wrong, PokéBody title should be green, etc. Since it's fake, it's not worth anything.

Here is a link to the image if anyone wants to see it without navigating twitter.

Thanks at least i know now . But the poke- body title is green that im sure of on the other hand the font and border i have no idea.

I checked again and youre right i was just looking at the wrong one

Back