Ruling are old energy cards from illegal sets, illegal?

oh so i can use them in a deck? cool. i only have d/p cards. and 18 DF cards. i just started collecting. ill post my cards later and see if people can make a future deck out of the cards.

Actually, I think you need translations for a few of the older cards, such as TR rainbow energy.

You can use any energy from any set. However, there have been changes to the Special energies of Dark, Metal, Rainbow and Double Rainbow. I can't remember if they changed Multi or not. You must play those by the most recent wording of those cards since they changed the card text.

YUP! reprinted cards specially basic energy cards can be used...

IT would be playing crap if you always needed to buy new basic energy cards...

hey that's not a bad idea...

profit would increase if the company did that and place UPDATED energy card rule...
:D

You can use all the old Basic Energy, but no Dark, Metal, Double Colourless and all those types of things. Because alot of them have not been reprinted and the others have had text changes. So you must use the new versions of special energy.

Krucifier said:
You can use all the old Basic Energy, but no Dark, Metal, Double Colourless and all those types of things. Because alot of them have not been reprinted and the others have had text changes. So you must use the new versions of special energy.

BUT at some cases the DARK and METAL energy cards of the old expansion is allowed to be used as long as the user uses or knows the new text from the reprinted version...

In short, you need a reference (either a real card or a printed copy from one of the only Pokedexes) to play them.
Btw, I think only the Dark special changed, the Metal special still seems the same to me? Double Colorless is long gone, but I don't care, we got Boost now with cooler art =P

Hmm... if we use a Japanese Basic Energy from an upcoming set (A friend of mine sometimes imports boxes, I actually did for DP1), is it legal? As long as you have non-transparent sleeves I mean. I know how obvious it seems but I just wanna make sure lol :/

I know you wouldn't need a translation... could you imagine?

"That's a Japanese Fire Energy... I... I need to know what it does!!"

"...? What?"

"You have a reference right?"

"No."

"JUDGE!! We need a translation on this fire energy NOW!!"

Black Winged Gengar said:
Hmm... if we use a Japanese Basic Energy from an upcoming set (A friend of mine sometimes imports boxes, I actually did for DP1), is it legal? As long as you have non-transparent sleeves I mean. I know how obvious it seems but I just wanna make sure lol :/

I know you wouldn't need a translation... could you imagine?

"That's a Japanese Fire Energy... I... I need to know what it does!!"

"...? What?"

"You have a reference right?"

"No."

"JUDGE!! We need a translation on this fire energy NOW!!"
Last years Australian Nationals I used Jp water (matrix) & no one complained....also someone use a Jp rare candy...but he had an english one on him in his deck box. (I don't see why he didn't use the english one).

Yeah I know that you can use Japanese cards as long as they've been released in your region in your language so you can have a reference. But I meant what about cards that are in a set not yet released, like what if I used a DP3 energy in my deck, would it be legal since it's not released in America yet? Like I said it seems obvious since there's energy in every set, but techically you're restricted to cards in your region, and I was just wondering if a reprinted card in a different region is legal if that set hasn't been or wasn't released where you live. Like Espeon*/Umbreon* were illegal to use in America, even if you had a reference, until OP5 was released.

DID any of you guys noticed that the one who started the question is banned or is it just me...

any way...

OLD / JAPANESE version of cards can still be used... is that it because i think its stupid to forbid a japanese version one if its just energy its just plain stupid...

or formality really counts thats why they restricted it som much now a days...

anyway you guys must be made up of money to be willing to spend money just to use new expansion cards just for fun...

Back