• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Archplume deck (Archeops/ Vileplume lock)

DK Quagmire

Aspiring Trainer
This is a deck to Abuse the Red collection "Archeops'" Ability. shutting down all players from evolving, but theres a catch. a new machanic has been made which makes it harder to play fossil pokemon, though they will in turn take the effects of a regular stage 1 and stage 2 card respectivly, hence the huge HP. this deck is to help you get around that flaw, as fast as possible. (See strategy below)

Acheplume deck
20 Pokemon

4-3 Archeops RC
2-2-2 Vileplume
4 Terrakion RC
3 Cleffa

30 Trainer/ Supporters

4 Plume Fossil (RC)
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Pokemon Catcher
4 Research Record
3 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon collector
2 PONT
3 PETM
3 Seeker
3 Junk arm

10 fighting energy

Strategy.
Stop your oponent from evolving his or her pokemon by playing Archeops as fast as possible. (turn 2)

Translations further below.
Archen is not a basic pokemon, so you can not start with it or place it on the bench from your hand. Start with Oddish or the new Terrakion, and use Plume fossil to search the bottom 7 cards of your deck for a Archen. using Research record before hand ensures that if it's near the top you can place it at the bottom, so you can get it. if Archen is in your starting hand, you can use pokemon communication to get rid of it, for a Gloom/ Vileplume or a Terrakion. if evolving on turn 2, evolve Oddish first otherwise you can't play it.

Vileplume is used for complete lock down on oponents, who don't tend to use evolutions but are trainer heavy decks!

Archen is a nice stepping stone having a turn one attack that does 20 damage, but really evolve as soon as you can. only attack with it, if you can't get Vileplume and/ or Terrakion set up.
Archeops is a tech for most part, but you main pokemon are Terrakion and Donphan (just make sure you evolve Phanpy before playing Archeops) if you are really desperate you can use it in the active, but not recomended. Terrakion is great if you didn't get a good start by giving you oponent 90 damage for KOing you on the last turn (Like Buffalant BW)

super scoop up and seeker are there for sneaky snipers, who if you havn't set up fast enough, will knock out Archeops.

also a cleaver idea which you can do if you have both an Archeops and Archen on the bench is to use Seeker or super scoop up, on the Archeops to evolve your Oddish into Gloom/Vileplume, then evolve your benched Archen before attacking. this will really screw up your oponent!

Super rod now has the updated translation that states it does the same as the old Secret Wonders night maintenance card, (shuffle up to 3 in any combination of pokemon and basic energy). meaning that we have a way to play our Archen again, if it's in the discard, since revive won't work on it.
Good rod is also here as you get the pokemon back into your hand if acoin flip is heads, and if tails you get a trainer instead. this is pretty usefull, since mid game, you will be in a win/ win situation with this card, where either a heads or tails is good!

EDIT: Translations, thanks to Tyraniking, Bangiras and images from Pokebeach home page.

039.gif

Archen - Fighting - HP80
Revived Pokemon - Play on your Bench with the effect of Plume Fossil.

[F] Rock Throw: 20 damage.
[C][C] Acrobatics: 20+ damage. Flip 2 coins, this attack does an additional 20 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

red-collection-archeops.gif

Archeops - Fighting - HP130
Stage 1 - Evolves from Archen

Ability: Prehistoric Power
While this Pokemon is in play, no player can play a Pokemon from their hand to evolve his or her Pokemon.

[F][F][C] Rock Slide: 60 damage. Choose 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. This attack does 10 damage to each of them. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Retreat: 2

red-collection-terrakion.gif

Terrakion - Fighting - HP130
Basic Pokemon

[F][C] Vengeance: 30+ damage. If any of your Pokemon were Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack during his or her last turn, this attack does 60 more damage.
[F][F][C] Land Crush: 90 damage.

Retreat: 4

red-collection-super-rod.gif

Super Rod - Trainer

Search your discard pile for up to 3 in any combination of Pokemon and basic Energy cards. Show them to your opponent and shuffle them into your deck.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

062.gif

Plume Fossil - Trainer

Look at the bottom 7 cards of your deck. If you find an Archen there, you may put it on your Bench. Shuffle the remaining cards back into your deck.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

RE: Masters: Speedy Archeops

Oh. sorry about that.

i was just going to edit the post with the card translations and pictures, after aranging them into a word document, but you beat me to it, when i refreshed the page.

i'll make sure to post translations in future. just adding info about the new plume/cover, fossil trainer card which i'm assuming is the same as cover fossil, but for Archen.

EDIT: Right, now i'm finnished, editting.
does anyone like my deck, or have any ideas of their own, or how to improve it. iv'e pretty much thought the whole thing through, and how it'll work, so if anyone has any suggestions, as to what put in or take out, please post. Thanks

I don't think that's a good combo, because Archeops doesn't let you evolve your own Pokémon too. So, here are 2 options: run it with ZPS and MewGar. About the deck, you should really take out the FSL and put Collectors.

it's all about the timing when it comes to evolving Phanpy, and with 4-4 your almost certain to get it it turn 2,with help from trainers, etc...

i'm not keen on ZPS decks, even though i like the ability to donk turn 1. where would i find the space in that kind deck for 4 plume fossil, 4 Archen and 4 Archeops, and the reaseach record to put Archen at the bottom so Plume fossil will work. and even against a ZPS i have pokemon catcher in the deck to "gust" a bench Pachirisu or a waiting zekrom for a one shot.

in a mewgar deck, the mews are quickly illiminated due to their low HP, and "Prehistoric power" works wonders against your oponents mewgar deck, but with Archeops and the 15 other cards mentioned placed in the deck, it's going to become very hard to get the stage 2 out. even placing Archeops in the lost zone won't help much, as it's attack isn't that great (60 and snipe 2 benched pokemon for 3 energy)

i understant that i don't run Collector, but theres not many basic pokemon in this deck, so your better off just using Duel ball to get the odd basic pokemon. FSL is there to get Archen and any other pokemon/ energy back into the deck so i can use it again, since you can only use Archen if its at the bottom of the deck, though i admit, having 3 is a bit too much. i'll take one out, and one duel ball, to make room for 2 Collector.

in this kind of deck, i'm never worried about trainer lock either, (hench the low number of supporters (only 3 kinds)) since i can tend to get out Archeops relativly quickly, and your oponent still has to evolve into Vileplume/ Gothitelle. if you think the oponent is thinking of something like this and you havn't quite set up yet, you can use pokemon catcher to "Gust" it into active. even if they did evolve, they still need to get the energy to attack and even waste the energy to retreat, screwing them up, unless they have a switch.

ZPS+Archeops = Dumb

You need all the room in the deck to get Zekrom out up and running by T2.. The new fossil mechanic makes you run Research Record, Fossil and the Archeops Line. It takes up too much space. I believed before that Donphan would be the play with Archeops because he is faster to setup than Archeops and with the Seeker tactic, it can win games.

I fell like it is still too hard to get that archen on the bottom... cause there is no reliable way that I am aware of to put it on the top to research record it to the bottom, its still a big gamble and theres no real way to guarantee that you'll find your archen to make it consistent...

Unless there's something I don't know of?

RE: Speedy Archeops

Super rod is better than flower shop lady, i thought id tell you cause you said this.
DK Quagmire said:
flower shop lady is in here as it puts Archen back into the deck, if Archeops faints, so you can play it again. i can't find another card that shuffles pokemon back into the deck.
And 4 Archeops is overkill.
-1 Archeops
-1 FSL
+2 Super Rod

Thanks for that. Iv'e edited the deck list.
the only problem now is if i get the wrong coin flip and i end up getting a trainer instead. (i'll just have to pick up Plume Fossil if that happens)then hope for a comunication in my hand or the oponent to use judge.

actually getting back a free plume fossil isn't that bad at all, since what if one is prized. also i don't discard 2 cards with junk arm either.
so when i good rod, i can choose either Archen or Plume fossil!!

No i said SUPER ROD not good rod the new RC set card. It 3 basic energy or pokemon into your deck.(night maintenence) Super rod can replace flower shop lady ((FSL) in previous post meant flower shop lady)

just checked, and your right. the translation has been updated. when the super rod card was first posted the first translation stated 3 basic energy back into your deck, so didn't post it. but the new translation makes it the same as Night maintenance from Secret wonders (Effects pokemon as well)

when you said super rod i thought you meant HS UD good rod. LOL

i have changed the first post with the RC super rod, and the translation/ picture, before anything else happens.

So... you send out donphan, then get archops out... then they kill donphan. What now?

if you Loose Donphan early in the game, after evolving and getting Archops you can use the new Terrakion card with Revenge for 90 damage. 20-30 or so plus the damage to make 90 if one of your pokemon faints during the oponents last turn.

hopefully you will have either Donphan or Archops by turn 2 anyway.

What my point is, how do you get a new donphan out when archeops is in play? You can't revenge every turn...

Jahikoi is right. The problem with this is that you have to evolve at least 2 Donphans before you put Archeops in play. But you have to test still.

iv'e been thinking hard over this and all i can think of is to use Super scoop up or seeker.

if say phanpy is on the bench, but you couldn't evolve it due to Archeops, and you have donphan in your hand, and you need that donphan, you can use you super scoop up or Seeker to return Archeops and archen to your hand. by doing this you can then evolve into Donphan.

and if you had an Archen in play from an earlier turn, or last turn, but couldn't evolve it, you can finnish the turn, by evolving any other phanpy, and then playing the Archeops you had returned to your hand, to stop your oponent from evolving on the next turn.

if you used a seeker, it might of been posssible that your oponents only benched pokemon where stage 1-2, so evolving back on the same turn could really hurt them.

i can't think of anything else to get around it, but could use suggestions as to what cards to take out and or put in.

Looks pretty good just take out the flower shoplady like i said before and possibly make the donphan line 3-3.

This is needed.
-4 research record (this is inconsistent)
-1 flower shop lady
+2 Good rod (flip coin if tails get plume if heads get terrakion)
+2 Pont
+1 Junk arm (to reuse plume)

This is a maybe.
-1-1 Donphan
+1 tyrouge
+1 Pont

i have updated the list by removing FSL and adding the extra Super Rod.

i don't understand why research record is inconsistant.
it helps to improve the chances of finding an Achen at the bottom of the deck when you got to use Plume fossil.

i have however changed the donphan for a 3-3. and put 2 Good Rod for the flip a coin, win both ways deal.

i may change the duel balls for collector, to secure a basic near the start since i now only have 7. but i could change one of them for a tyrogue as suggested.

do you have tested this? I'd like to know if it works :D

Back