• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Arceus (Seniors, Any)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhimsicalBox

Herp Derp
I've been slowly trading for all the arceus cards i need, and am about 1-2 cards short, so I decided to post a decklist to get reccomendations.

Pokemon: (17)
Arceus LV.X Omniscient x3
Colorless Arceus x3
Dark Arceus x1
Grass Arceus x1
Fire Arceus x2
Water Arceus x1
Electric Arceus x1
Psychic Arceus x1
Fighting Arceus x1
Steel Arceus x1
Unown Q x1
Uxie LA x1

T/S/S: (26)
Beginning Door x4
Ultimate Zone x4
Pokemon Collector x4
Luxury Ball x1
Great Ball x1
Premier ball x1
Bebe's Search x1
Expert Belt x2
Palmer's Contribution x1
PONT x2
Super Scoop up x3
Seekerx2

Energy: (17)
4 DCE
4 Rainbow Energy
2 Fire
1 Electric
1 Psychic
1 Dark
1 Grass
1 Water
1 Fighting
1 Steel

A somewhat standard Arceus deck with slight deviations. Overall I have two main concerns and would like the most advice on T/S/S input, and the use of Psybolt Arceus. Instead of running 2 fire arceus and 2 fire energy, as fire arceus is usually the main attacker, I'm running 1 fire arceus, 1 fire energy, but Arceus LV.X Psybolt, with two electric and two psychic energy. This gives the advantage of being able to hit for additional damage even if you do not have weakness, or if you are up against a Dialga G LV.X deck, which will lock your omniscient ability, making Arceus Lv.X Omniscient incapable of using fire arceus's attack. I am also considering adding a Lucario GL for pokemon such as gengar SF, or Machamp SF who do not have x2 weakness. Although, without lucario Psybolt Arceus can KO both those pokemon, provided weakness. Expert belt is extremely useful in this deck, as it adds 40 damage when you hit for x2 weakness, boosting Arceus' health and making some KO's very easy, but i am considering dropping from 3 to 2 e-belts.

I decided to include uxie in this build, and after some playtesting i have actually found it to be quite useful. In the event i am relying on nothing more than topdeck to ripple swell, i find i have a unusual amount of energy to draw, and uxie helps in that situation, especially since i added seeker and scoop ups. It can also be useful late game when i don't need a full bench or arceus has been KO'd.

EDIT: Dropped the psybolt arceus as i found it discarded too much, and took up too much space overall. Replaced it with an extra fire arceus, and an extra fire energy.

lol yeah. I had tried with my previous arceus deck. I sucked at playing it... but yeah. no one likes touching arceus decks. Try searching in the archives for help

not an expert but take out the psybolt, put in premier ball. and take out 1 lightening energy for 1 fire energy and definitely have less belts and you want 1 more fire arceus for bright flame

-2 fire arceus
-1 fighting arceus
+1 Water arceus
+1 dark arceus
+1 lightning arceus

The fire and fire arceus just hurt yourself like c'mon lets be realistic 3 for 60 10 to all bench. Just a horrible donphan 3 for 80 flip to discard only good in sudden death which arceus will most likely not go to. Water arceus help's donphan match up dark arceus is for a slow start and lightning is for a match up against a Gyrados.

-1 fighting energy
-2 fire energy
+1 water energy
+1 darkness energy
+1 lightning energy

maybe add energy exchanger, i'm not too sure how arcues gets the right energy it needs but with energy exchanger you can get whatever you need for your deck.

I disagree about not needing Fire Arceus. In fact, you have to have it just so DGX does not totally screw you over - remember, DGX is your biggest weakness. The Fighting one is probably not that useful. (Edit: oh right Luxray, thanks for reminding me) Grass and Lightning maybe, but I'm still skeptical about those. All the other kinds are fine to use.

I don't have too many suggestions after that, because I don't really see too many problems with your deck.

@ Gastly
Have you ever played arceus before? I assure you fire arceus is a very necessary card. Not only does it have the best damage output, it hits DGX for weakness. Also, fighting arceus hits luxray GL LV.X for weakness, I don't necessarily have to use it's attack. Also, i need at least 1 of every arceus for the best ripple swell odds. If i run only 7 types, if 2 regular arceus (neither colorless) are prized then i am unable to ripple swell at all. Also, lightning turn is in general a bad move, and fastwave is only good with weakness and a belt. I use rainbows a lot, so i usually don't run extras of energy i don't really need. It seems sort of like you haven't looked at arceus LV.x, which lets you use the attack of ANY arceus in play, not just the active.

@ Electabuzzy Ripple swell and rainbow energy

@DNA Fighting helps against luxchomp. Also, more types means better ripple swell chances.

I understand that Ultimate Zone is very important, but I'd definitely try to make room for some Snowpoint Temple. Increasing your HP is always a good way to make sure you can last longer against your biggest threats.
BTW, what's the Great Ball for?

Great ball is for more search, let's me take arceus or Unown Q, I'm considering dropping it. Ultimate zone is just about completely necessary, at almost all times. Without ultimate zone in play the deck would lose just about every game. Snowpoint temple would be nice, but i can only play it if i have another ultimate zone in my hand for the next turn.

I play Arceus (and have been for months).
Althought, I've moved to a very different Arceus build, I can still help some on this one.

Bebe's Search has no point in this deck. All of the pokemon, Arceus and not are basics and easily searchable. A Pont would provide much better speed.

It's always hard to comment on Arceus, as it has many options that different players can adjust to their own style.

So, here's what I think:

-1 Ripple Swell
-1 Bebe's
-1 Dark, Grass, Water, Psychic, Fighting, Metal Energy
-1 Unown Q

+1 Lightning Arceus
+1 Pont
+2 Fire Energy
+4 Lightning Energy
+1 Warp Energy
Running every type energy is wasteful when you have 4 rainbow.
With this much search power, 3 ripple swell is excess.
Lightning Arceus give you an extra option of swapping more.
Lightning Turn work great with an Omni LvX'ed Psychic against Machamp and Mewperior.
Unown Q is ok, but warp energy gives you a non-trainer switch and provides more energy for this energy heavy deck.

If you want to discuss it more, please Pm me.

I agree and disagree with some of your points. The only attack i never ever use is psychic arceus' attack. It's never been worth it. On the other hand, water, dark, and fighting arceus' attacks all have use, especially since fast wave lets me hit mewtwo, and ignore things like special metals or exoskeleton on donphan. I have no clue why i would need 4 more lightning energy, lightning turn is rather situational in my opinion. Even if i lightning turn against a machamp he can still take a prize from whatever i send up, whereas with something like bright flame i can KO it outright. I probably will drop the bebe's, but I've found unown Q to be useful as it lets me hold onto more energy. Thanks for the suggestions :]

As I said, its tough to comment on other's Arceus. In a more general sense, what I was saying about the arceus/energy is like this:

Double up on 2-3 non-ripple swell Arceus that you like best.
Then play only those 2-3 basic energy types.
Forexample:
I run X2 Dark, Fire and Lightning, so I run x2 Dark energy, x3 Fire, and x3 Lightning.
Then I used rainbow to power an Omni LvX for the other attacks.
If you have attacks you don't use much, you can use rainbow in those situations.
Machamp is a +30 weakness, so w/o lucario, it won't be OHKO'ed.
You can lightning turn the first part of the damage and switch out to save your type advantage arceus and energy, while giving up an arceus with no use/energy.

I have yet to play any machamp decks, only played this at league so far, missed out on cities unfortunately. I might considering teching in a lucairo GL so i can pick up machamp KO's, but i certainly do see your point for lightning arceus. I will probably drop the energy from unused attacks, which for me are mainly steel grass and psychic. I've actually found that since I run expert belt, fast wave is a very good attack, as it hits for 140 damage with weakness, and always 140 because of it's effect. Unlike bright flame is doesn't have any energy discard drawback, which is also a plus. I'll edit the decklist some and see how it does this weekend.

If you are going to use fast wave a lot and depend on weakness, I would suggest adding a 4th (or even 5th) Omni LvX.
In addition to copying the attack, it reduces the retreat to 1 in all cases, eliminates weakness and adds 30-50 hp.
I personally run 5 and wouldn't go lower.

WOW! from where I lived, a senior actually won a Battle Road using an ARCEUS deck. It was mainly composed of like around 3 or 4 of each type arceus. Then they would have 3 of the PROMO ARCEUS lv.x with rainbow energy and attach one of each energy on it. If it every got damaged, he would either Seeker or somohow try to return to his deck then use beginnig door to get it. I played him with my VileGar and lost. Even though I got my whole set up out in 2 turns and took the lead, The dark arceus took out all my Gengars and even the rescue energy were useless when he had a constant judge. The deck had many counters and was definitely AMAZING and deserved to be in this thread

My advice is to try and use some of those cards in your deck too

When playing an Arceus Deck I found that I could not beat Dialga G LV.X or Mewtwo LV.x. I needed something evolved that does massive amounts of bench damage. Salamence SW #18 Dragon Finish attack, Blastoise UL #13 Hydro Launcher attack, and Blastoise PL #2 Double Launcher attack fit the bill nicely.

Sticking with Arceus, add 4 Arceus LV.X #95 Meteor Blast. Keep Ultimate Zone in play. When you determine the weaknesses of your opponent, (since Multitype turns Arceus LV.X chameleon) place Omniscent on those Arceus. Level up the rest of your bench with Meteor Blast. Every turn you can retreat, promote the correct Arceus, move the energy, Use Omniscent to call Meteor Blast, with a favorable coin flip 200 damage, unfavorable 100 add 20 for an Expert Belt. Best part is you really only need Fire and Grass Energy. Keep a Dark Arceus for Gengar; Colorless Arceus for Salamence, Garchomp, Rayquaza; Fighting Arceus for Tyranitar; etc.

@ joescaper1, using fast wave (water Arceus' attack) hits Mewtwo lv X.
I run an Arceus build, and trust me.. you don't need that many search cards to get it going.

trainer lock hurts you BADLY using all those trainers (I only use 10 in my build, and it's still nearly impossible to beat a good vilegar build)

having 3 Omniscient lv X's is great, but 3 colorless ones is one too many. discarding energy with either the fire Arceus' attack or even psybolt is ok if you've got the right recovery cards in your deck. (Palmer's contribution and Flower shop lady) since fisherman is a bad Idea. when you discard using those Arceus, you discard 2 energy.. so putting them in your hand still takes 2 turns to attack, may as well use psybolt twice, retreat, use palmer's to get back all 5 energy into your deck, then ripple swell. gets all that energy back onto the field. instead of attaching then waiting to attack, you can just attach 5 and attack the next turn anyways, then ultimate zone to attack again the following turn.

this would also force you to only use certain basic energy cards. keep in mind that the Omniscient poke-body can also copy psybolt. I would recommend something like 3 fire, 3 electric, 3 psychic, and use rainbow for everything else.

also, a good combo is using warp energy.. level up your active Arceus, warp energy, send out another, level up again, then ultimate zone energy to it, retreat, then level up a third Arceus. and then ultimate zone energy onto it and attack. you get into your opponent's head by leveling up that much, it makes them wonder how many 120 HP monsters they have to KO.

luxury ball = trash in an arceus deck. beginning door is MUCH better. you only really need 3 collectors, but 4 might be better for speed since it's easy to missplay sometimes.

take out Uxie, unown Q is good for free retreat, but warp energy is better in alot of ways.

great ball is being errata'd, so poke-radar is better in this instance.
premier ball is also out classed by beginning door, if you want to take a KO'd Arceus out of the discard, use pokemon rescue instead. you can choose either a lv X, or a basic that you want to take out and it doesn't burn your supporter for the turn. Bebe's is ok, it's very situational, but good nonetheless.

scoop up and seeker are personal preferences when it comes to play style, so I'll leave that as is.

so.. the list of all my suggestions would look like this:

Pokemon: (16)
Arceus LV.X Omniscient x3
Arceus Lv X psybolt X 1
Colorless Arceus x2
Dark Arceus x1
Grass Arceus x1
Fire Arceus x2
Water Arceus x1
Electric Arceus x1
Psychic Arceus x1
Fighting Arceus x1
Steel Arceus x1
Unown Q x1

T/S/S: (24)
Beginning Door x4
Ultimate Zone x4
Pokemon Collector x3
poke radar x1
Bebe's Search x1
Expert Belt x2
Palmer's Contribution x2
PONT x2
Super Scoop up x3
Seekerx2
pokemon rescue x3 (rescue energy works better, but is harder to get off of trades)

Energy: (17)
4 DCE
4 Rainbow Energy
3 Fire
3 Electric
3 Psychic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back