• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

AquaTide (Seniors, any Tournament)

DaKareerKilla

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, this is what I've been working on recently, and still have some work left to do on it. I'm not 100% happy with the ratios at the moment, so they are subject to change. Also, some of the card choices in here are just because I like the card in particular. So I'm expecting a fair bit of constructive criticism with this, but please, fire away. Any help is appreciated, as long as you explain your reasons.

[20] Pokemon
[4][2][4] Kingdra [LA][LA][3 LA / 1 Prime]
[3] Sableye [SF]
[2] Uxie [LA]
[2] Spiritomb [AR]
[1] Smeargle [UD]
[1] Regice [LA]
[1] Wash Rotom [RR]

[11] Trainers
[2] Expert Belt
[1] Luxury Ball
[2] Pokemon Communcation
[4] Rare Candy
[2] Warp Point

[15] Supporters
[3] Bebe's Search
[1] Flower Shop Lady
[2] Looker's Investigation
[3] Pokemon Collector
[2] Professor Oak's New Theory
[2] Seeker
[2] Volkner's Philosophy

[14] Energy
[14] {W} Water - Basic Energy

Strategy
Use Uxie / Sableye to set up Kingdra early. The Spiritomb allows to slow the game while setting up for some big swings. While the Regice is just tech to deal with certain things the opponent could throw out, like their own Spiritomb.
Testing a tech'd Wash Rotom at the mo, like the idea, don't expect it to be very good, but worth testing. Still not 100% on smeargle, although I'm gonna try to go to my local league this weekend to test some more and pick up some additional stuff.

Update: I took this to my "local" Pokemon League. Had a great deal of fun with it, but decided to ditch the whole Crobat G stratergy. Trying to focus on setting up with Kingdra LA instead, but I've still got some testing to do with it.

Initial thoughts after the changes:
Maybe drop the Spiritomb down to 1, as Phione was in the past. It's not that fundamental in setting up, and I could add another copy of Sableye instead. I'd also consider dropping maybe a Judge for an Azelf or Unown Q? Although I'd have to get hold of the latter as I don't own any at the moment. Also, wish I could fit somekind of backup attacker, not sure what to go with though.
Any advice?

Most glaring problem here is the unbalanced starters. What do you need? Is Sableye needed, for an instant Supporter?
Is Manaphy needed, for early game hand refresh?
Is Spiritomb needed, for slowing your opponent while speeding up your game?
Is Smeargle needed, for using opponent's cards against them?
Choose wisely. Personally I'd reccomend Spiritomb since you've got a Stage 2 to get out, but BTS, Rare Candy, and a fast search engine can easily cover that. If you choose Manaphy, consider Chatot as well. Only you refresh, free Retreat, and free attack. Only drawback is it relies on your opponent's hand size. Whatever you choose, run 4 for a guarenteed start.
Having a main attacker mostly reliant on Rare Candy is not good, especially in a Vielplume format. Add another Seadra and a couple BTS. BTS will seriously help, especially with recovery.
Trainers look good, but 4 Candies is high. Run 3, and maybe another Warp Point.
Why the heavy need for disruption? 5 Supporters for making your opponent redraw? Not usually needed in a Kingdra format. Unless your Meta is EXTREMELY weak to disruption, ditch them. Goal here is a fast, hard-hitting Kingdra.
Personally I say Palmer's>Flower Shop, but run whatever suits your deck better. Maybe a couple Elm's?
On a final note, maybe run a 1-1 Bronzong SF to keep your hand well-stocked with Energy.

Fair enough. At last I feel I'm getting somewhere productive with this. Anyways, if I were to take some of your advice, this is what the deck would look like:

[22] Pokemon
[4][3][4] Kingdra [LA][LA][3 LA / 1 UL]
[1][1] Bronzong [SF]
[1] Regice [LA]
[2] Uxie [LA]
[4] Sableye [SF]
[2] Spiritomb [AR]

[12] Trainers / Stadiums
[2] Broken Time-Space
[2] Expert Belt
[1] Luxury Ball
[2] Pokemon Communcation
[3] Rare Candy
[2] Warp Point

[12] Supporters
[3] Bebe's Search
[1] Flower Shop Lady
[2] Pokemon Collector
[2] Seeker

[14] Energy
[14] {W} Water - Basic Energy

I say would because, firstly, I have still yet to test the current build properly, to see what I would change, therefore it would be completely based on theory, and secondly, I'd be missing a few cards (like the Bronzong, BTS, etc), but obviously I'd be willing to proxy those.

Wanted to bring up a few things though. Looker's Investigation stayed in the build because I don't really like the idea of Elm's and it's a draw card that gives you info, and can add some disruption. However, otherwise I'd kind've be at a loss for what supporters to run instead. Maybe a 4th Bebe's and a 3rd Seeker?

Starters. I decided to opt for the Sableye as my main starter, due to how generally stupid it is. However, I also decided to keep in the Spiritomb because it helps too much with the additional evolution line, and I don't like the idea of maxing out on it as it can be a quite useless draw in the late game.

Let's see what we have here:

[20] Pokemon
[4][2][4] Kingdra [LA][LA][3 LA / 1 Prime]
[3] Sableye [SF]
[2] Uxie [LA]
[2] Spiritomb [AR]
[1] Smeargle [UD]
[1] Regice [LA]
[1] Wash Rotom [RR]

[11] Trainers
[2] Expert Belt
[1] Luxury Ball
[2] Pokemon Communcation
[4] Rare Candy
[2] Warp Point

[15] Supporters
[3] Bebe's Search
[1] Flower Shop Lady
[3] Pokemon Collector
[2] Seeker
[2] Volkner's Philosophy

[14] Energy
[14] Water - Basic Energy

Kingdra line looks pretty solid.
What does Wash Rotom do again?
You COULD add another Expert Belt, but its totally optional.
Personally I'd add another FSL or switch it for Palmer's.
Energy's slightly high, but I don't play Kingdra.

Back