Any Budget-Friendly Decks To Get Back Into Pokemon?

ShAdOwSniPeR

Trust me... I'm a professional.
Well I've been playing Magic as of lately but am getting bored because I'm practically the only kid in my area who plays Magic and it's weird playing with 50 year old people all the time xD. But yeah I want to get back into Pokemon but have no idea what the rotation did at all. So can anyone fill me in and help me choose a deck?

Also, mods I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place. Haven't been on in ages.

I'd honestly go with Zekeels. Its a tier 1 deck that's pretty versatile with your personality in choice of attacks, and a full deck (No RH's, no pimped out deck) could be obtained in like <$30 IMO. Hope this helps!

Well, that depends on your tech options. Raikous alone could cost $30, and probably more for some Mewtwo.
If you wanna use a relatively cheap deck that utilizes a bunch of new stuff, I'd go with Gartaria. It's also tier 1 these days.

Something under 50. I'll build it around December if I get any money.

Give me prices with the decks you recommend please. :D

Puff said:
Well, that depends on your tech options. Raikous alone could cost $30, and probably more for some Mewtwo.
If you wanna use a relatively cheap deck that utilizes a bunch of new stuff, I'd go with Gartaria. It's also tier 1 these days.

Gartaria (or whatever name you wanna call it) is definitely not Tier 1 IMO. Eels is the best choice for a (kinda) cheap and Tier 1 deck, but of course the Raikou would be a little costly, but the Mewtwos can be bought by 6$ if you buy the Tin promo ones. Also, Catcher is pretty important and 4 Catchers would be 40$ alone.

But how much is Gartaria and is it still good? Also, are there any good rogue decks?

Every good deck in this format had 4 Catcher.
'Pretty much' meant all the noob decks that didn't run Catcher. :p
You could use proxies for Catcher if you aren't playing competitively.

:/ I guess I could proxy them until I can find them. After that, what could I build cheaply?

When the tins come out, Darkrai/ Hydreigon won't be all that expensive. I found some fairly cheap rev holo Hydreigons online. Whatever techs you're running are probably the most expensive portion of your deck. You don't need all 4 Catchers (mine works with 2) and the deck is incredibly fun to play. Also, if you're going to play it, you should probably get those Hydreigons before the price goes up.

Well you can run Amonguss/Ninetales it's Tier 2,cheap and you don't have to run Catchers thank Ninetales' ability :)

You do have to run catcher, since wasting a devo spray on ninetales means you can't attack that turn.
But yeah, building a deck under $50 with catcher is pretty much impossible.
Darkdreigon requires Shaymin-EX($11), Sigilyph($3), and Mewtwo($7), in addition to the standard Darkrai($7) and Hydreigon($9). Factor in Catchers, and it adds up fast.

so either way you cut it, you gotta spend a good amount of cash to build a good deck if you want a tier 1 deck that is. Otherwise, your just going to have to improvise... Catchers are really necessary for a good deck honestly, which I didn't exactly think about earlier... But at the moment, it is the cheapest. Bare deck could be purchased for about $40-45 (Including catchers)... So you'll have to try and find prices and such that meet your budget. :)

A really cheap deck that I'm playing is Aggron/Sableye. The Pokemon are about 6-7 $ on Troll and toad, and you can get away with less than 4 catcher because sableye recycles trainers.
And the best thing about is...(drum roll for added effect) It's Rogue!

Seriously, it is a pretty good deck, I have won most my battles without using any catcher. Its a deck worth checking out since you're on a budget.

pikhu2000 said:
A really cheap deck that I'm playing is Aggron/Sableye. The Pokemon are about 6-7 $ on Troll and toad, and you can get away with less than 4 catcher because sableye recycles trainers.
And the best thing about is...(drum roll for added effect) It's Rogue!

Seriously, it is a pretty good deck, I have won most my battles without using any catcher. Its a deck worth checking out since you're on a budget.

How many catcher can it work with? Also, what about Durant?

ShAdOwSniPeR said:
How many catcher can it work with? Also, what about Durant?

It probably is kind of fun to play with, but it's not very competitive. Durant is dead since Darkrai came out. I mean, if you get 3 energys on Darkrai the Durant player can just scoop.

Aggron thrives on disruption cards like the Hammers and Pokemon Catcher. Even with Sableye able to get Items back, I would be surprised to see a decent list that doesn't play 4 Catcher.

dmaster out.

Back