• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Anti-Meta Metals (Bronzong/Dialga SM7+/DM Necrozma GX)

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Expanded is undoubtedly about to enter into it's most irritating phase yet. Zoroark is arguably BDIF there until something gets banned, and with the Tapu Lele promo releasing Trevenant Break is now capable of reliably taking 6 prize turns by mid-game while Item locking its opponent. Then you have Wailord, which tends to just deck out anything that doesn't have reliable Energy acceleration and very high damage output.

If only there was a deck that could hurt all of them equally without damaging its matchup against other things.... Oh wait, there is. This.

Pokemon - 17

4 Bronzor
3 Bronzong PHF
3 Dusk Mane Necrozma GX
2 Keldeo EX
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Dialga SM7+
1 Oricorio GRI 56
1 Jirachi XY-P 67

Supporters - 10

3 N
2 Guzma
2 Professor Sycamore
1 Colress
1 Brigette
1 Hex Maniac

Items - 21

4 Ultra Ball
3 Float Stone
3 Max Elixir
3 VS Seeker
2 Battle Compressor
2 Field Blower
2 Choice Band
1 Computer Search
1 Rescue Stretcher

Stadiums - 2

2 Parallel City

Energy - 10

10 Metal Energy

The new Dialga's attack is similar to Espeon EX, though only forcing the opponent's active to devolve. Unlike Espeon, it takes 3 Energy to use, however it does deal 60 damage on the upside, which OHKOs most evolving Basics. This allows the deck to deal with the likes of Zoroark and Trevenant, slowing them down by limiting the amount of evolved Pokemon they can field at once. Bronzong sets up Dusk Mane in the back to score big revenge knockouts on any evolutions the opponent plays and closes out the game.

Keldeo is there to do obvious Keldeo stuff in allowing me to switch my active to power it up again with Bronzong, while Oricorio lets me put high pressure on Night March decks and also smacks Buzzwole for weakness; the latter is otherwise extremely difficult to deal with.

Metal is blessed with Bronzong, which has allowed it to contend quite well against Wailord and other disruptive decks. Bronzong itself has the backing of Dusk Mane Necrozma GX who has the capability to knock out Wailord EX in one hit after a Choice boost, making Metal one of few decks actually capable of the feat alongside its counterpart Malamar.

Whether the deck does its job or not really depends on testing, which I am very much looking forward to. If anyone finds anything I missed (since I haven't really touched Expanded in quite a while, so I admit to forgetting a lot of the card pool aside the obvious ones) I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Last edited:
Colress is quite important for expanded decks. Drawing 10 cards is quite strong. Cut either Cynthia or Sycamore for it.

Here are my suggestions:

IMO, this deck needs 3 Sycamore minimum. You also definitely need 4 Float Stone.
To keep up with Buzzwole, which could also be arguably the best deck in Expanded, you need to run Mewtwo EX with X Ball.
There is no need to run 3 Guzma. You have VS Seeker.
I would also cut Shaymin EX simply because it can get OHKO'd by baby Buzzwole and Zoroark far too easily for a free 2 prizes. Bench space is also very important.
I'd replace Cobalion STS with Cobalion EX with Righteous Edge because special energy is everywhere right now.
Oricorio is unnecessary.
2 Keldeo EX and 2 Dialga is also unnecessary IMO. You only really need 1 of each. Since DM Necrozma is your main attacker, you should be running 3 DM Necrozmas. 1 Baby DM Necrozma promo wouldn't hurt either. Since DM Necrozma GX is your main attacker, you do not need Muscle Bands for numbers.
As said above, Colress is also too good not to run.
Double Colorless is not needed when you have Bronzong. Look at our current form of this in Standard in Malamar: You should have no problem setting up 3 Bronzongs.
I also think Max Elixir would be great in this list.
Aegislash EX is also a nice wall against decks like Zoroark and Night March that rely on special energy. However, since Hex Maniac is a big card in Expanded, I'd say it's up to you to choose if you want to add it.
You don't really need Cynthia whatsoever when you run 4 Sycamore, 1 Colress and 2 N with 4 VS Seekers.

Here are my suggested changes:
-1 Dialga
-1 Keldeo EX
-2 Oricorio
-1 Shaymin EX
-1 Cobalion
-2 Guzma
-2 Cynthia
-2 Muscle Band
-1 Dowsing Machine
-3 DCE

+1 DM Necrozma GX
+1 Baby DM Necrozma
+1 Cobalion EX
+1 Tapu Lele GX
+2 Professor Sycamore
+1 Colress
+1 VS Seeker
+2 Float Stone
+3 Max Elixir
+1 Computer Search
+2 Metal Energy

Good luck with testing!!

I like some of the changes here, but I do have problems with a few things mentioned, though I don't intend to be rude about it.

Sycamore is generally bad in these types of decks. The count is lessened here because of the high risk of being forced to use it before you get set up, meaning wasted Bronzongs or other important Pokes. Colress is pretty important, will definately fit it in.

The DCE suggestion is fine, but I won't be going any less than 2 Keldeo EX or 2 Guzma, it's too important to keep those counts where they are as having the only one prized causes an autoloss for this deck.

If I remove baby Cobalion then Jirachi promo goes in instead, as it does the same thing Cobalion EX does without giving 2 prizes.

Oricorio is there as without it Night March will always win. They never have a reason to use Marshadow GX, therefore they never give up 2 prizes (except on Shaymin EX, which is a bad thing to prize when they have attackers taking OHKOs every turn and taking out Shaymin isn't fixing that problem, unless it's my last prize). I'll make it a one of instead just to test the waters, though.

Max Elixir is a good call, didn't include it originally because I felt that Trevenant is too good to not be used by tons of people in the coming months where we see the release of the Lele promo and Item lock is already too painful for this deck. It does help every other matchup, so it is definately worth considering.

I don't have a good opinion of baby Dusk Mane, it only hits EX/GX for 3HKO numbers and doing chip damage isn't important when I have DM GX to score OKHOs. Taking 2 turns just to knock out a Shaymin isn't impressive.

I appreciate the input so far, thanks!

Back