And the winner is...

sturtle

Master of Awesome
Lee Dewyze! For all of you american Idol fans, the votes have been counted. Lee Dewyze has won. Post your thoughts on this season of American Idol and about Lee. I liked Crystal, but I knew Lee would win.
Post away!

PheonyxXx said:
r.i.p american idol

idol will fail without simon

I don't want to agree, but I kinda feel it coming. Simon is the heart and soul of idol. I was sad to see him go...

It would not matter too much whether Lee or Crystal wins it because both of them deserved it. And besides, the runner-up will also get a contract of some sort with a music company anyway.

I wanted Lee to win SOOOOO bad and I'm finally glad one of my favorites from the start and my favorite person from the finale actually won it for once (Blake Lewis, David Archuleta, etc. all lost), so I'm EXTREMELY happy with the results.

Unfortunately, I won't be watching it anymore now that Simon is leaving. He's really the only reason I started watching it in the first place so it's sad that he's leaving...

dmaster out.

I'm glad that Lee had won American Idol. I was really hoping that he would win. I really actually liked his voice and thought it was better than Crystals. Though Crystal did have a nice voice, so I can't say that she was bad. I am really happy about the results.

I also did like Simon, he was like the best part of the show. Ellen is not that bad, but I think that Simon did a really good job in Idol. Even though he might be a bit mean sometimes. I think that the show won't be as good anymore. I might still watch it just a bit since Ellen is on, but besides that the show might just go downhill.

I dont watch American Idol, but if Simon leaves Ill throw a pary to celebrate the end of American Idol! :D Its like a birthday wish of mine.

Full Moon said:
I don't watch American Idol, but if Simon leaves Ill throw a pary to celebrate the end of American Idol! :D Its like a birthday wish of mine.

You're mean.

I knew Lee would win. Crystal was probably a better singer, but Lee fits into the mainstream music stereotype way better than Crystal. If Crystal would've won, she would have been like Taylor Hicks, just kind of disappearing after the show because of the type of music she sings.

Elegeek said:
I knew Lee would win. Crystal was probably a better singer, but Lee fits into the mainstream music stereotype way better than Crystal. If Crystal would've won, she would have been like Taylor Hicks, just kind of disappearing after the show because of the type of music she sings.

not just hicks, but 90% of the other winners. Only 2 winners to actually succeed past 1 single album are Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson. And Kelly dropped off after 2. Otherwise, most idol contestants are just flops.

PheonyxXx said:
r.i.p american idol

idol will fail without simon
There's the winner.

On a sidenote, I had this terrible feeling Lee would win. Sure, he's good, but the night before the finale, he wasn't as good as Crystal. C'mon. He got slayed. Crystal has pure talent, but Lee wins for a reason I can't quite comprehend. We've got our second David Cook. Yay for originality. I feel that second place is the gracious spot for the best: Archuleta, Lambert and Bowersox all fall in that category of second. I'm disappointed, but I wish the best of luck to both contestants. I'm done watching AIdol. The quality of the show has dropped about thirty stories.

EspeonROX said:
Crystal has pure talent, but Lee wins for a reason I can't quite comprehend.

Girls. Teenage girls with cellphones. They vote for Lee because he's "so cute and dreamy!" They're words. Not mine. Why do you think that Kris Allen won last year? Because of his looks. I't really bugs me, because the people with real talent, like Crystal, get set aside for Lee.

It sickens me more than just a little. I just don't understand how people are influenced by things unrelated to what is actually necessary to judge.

And another thing: the most unreliable type of survey is a voluntary-answer, because those with stronger opinions will actually reply, but that doesn't reflect the population accurately. Is there a solution to this? Not really, but I don't care either: American Idol isn't going to last long.

Back