Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

Vespiquen is really, really good... As others have mentioned, it combos well with the Eeveelutions to hit a significant portion of the metagame for weakness, plus it has free retreat and is Level Ball searchable. I'd be very surprised if some sort of Vespiquen archetype isn't Tier 1 or close to it in the next format, especially with no Trump to counter the accumulation of Pokemon in the discard pile

Color-Drained City: uhh, so this is the exact stadium card that M-Tyranitar EX was asking for to power up Destroyer King. Outside of that, it is a quick way to build up some nice damage of those high-HP megas. You only really need the stadium in play for 2 turns to build up 80 damage on megas so that can be pretty significant.

11401147_10205654564336844_7449403466701039569_n.jpg

I am incredibly excited for Giratina-EX!

Omg... This Set looks so amazing... Besides the useless half arts. They look amazing, but not one of them seem any good to me. Those Eeveelutions Are going to Make things veeeerrry Interesting, Especially with Golurk or any pokemon.. and good synergy with Perhaps Lugia and his aero ball? And about that Lugia! Pshhhhh Gonna buy like a thousand packs and get a whole bunch of dose Lol!

Ha!! So we do get 2 more secret rares!! Should be one more gold item to reveal and that makea 97 total!!
So , so far it looks like we in fact wont get a FA supporter

I'm sorry, what was that about 97+ being completely and totally wrong on the posters?

I'm sorry, what was that about 97+ being completely and totally wrong on the posters?
it was wrong lol its just 97 , not 97++?? they gave us the full set number , SR and UR in all. what it really should have said was , 81+???.

When they first advertise for a new set they don't include the number of SR ( Full arts) or the secret rares ( UR's)
If the 97+ was correct then we would have 97 plus the 11 SR full arts and plus the 5 UR , totaling over 100 cards in the set , which is wrong.

Last edited:
I had hoped for Vaporeon and Flareon to be holo... oh well. Hope they'll add Espeon and Umbreon at the very least.

Not secret, Super rares lol thats what all the full arts are labled in Japan. The secret rares are labled UR ( ultra rare) in japan also

So far all these FA are absolutely amazing!!

Well, secret rares are cards that are past the set number. So the FA in Japan are secret rare.

Unbelievable art ^.^ Lugia's eyes are so dreamy and M Sceptile is great... Hats off to our artists.

p.s. I don't agree with Nintendo team's approach on nerfing M Pokemon. Whenever they print something good they have to print a "safeguard" too to restore balance. Then why did you print the M in the first place? It doesn't make sense. Instead of having a powerful pokemon that shuts down Megas why not having "Not Broken Megas" ? Just for a change :/

Vespiquen is really, really good... As others have mentioned, it combos well with the Eeveelutions to hit a significant portion of the metagame for weakness, plus it has free retreat and is Level Ball searchable. I'd be very surprised if some sort of Vespiquen archetype isn't Tier 1 or close to it in the next format, especially with no Trump to counter the accumulation of Pokemon in the discard pile
One thing to realize with Vespiquen is that we'll (likely) be losing Exeggcute in the rotation, which means discard options will be harder as there's no easy way to get them back.

Though with Jolteon/Flareon/Vaporeon, you only need 5 Pokemon + Muscle Band to OHKO 180 HP Megas (20 base + 20 Muscle Band = 40 + (5 x 10) = 90 x 2 (weakness) = 180) that are weak to Grass, Electric, Fire or Water, so it isn't a huge commitment, but a commitment nonetheless.

OMG That Giratina FA! It's so beautiful! I really want both the regular and the FA... I haven't bought cards for years, but I haven't felt such a need to buy a card like I feel now in relation to Giratina, not even when the Megas Charizards came out...

So THAT is why Giratina EX has 170 HP. But I believe M Sceptile EX has the workaround.

I belive it doesn't... Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the ability's effect is on Giratina, not on the attacking Mega... If it said something like "Your opponent's Mega Pokémon can't attack" then M-Sceptile could work around the ability, but as it is, it can't...

@Green778 The thing is, IMO, there aren't that many Megas that are playable in the first place for them to start making cards to nerf them... That new stadium card is so stupid to me... Why not affect EXs in general? Why not make Giratina's ability protect against all Pokémon-EX (or even only Basic Pokémon-EX) instead?
Either they think the current existing Megas are all broken (which isn't true) or they're getting ahead and they're going to introduce even more powerful Megas (looking at M-Mewtwo X/Y)...

Last edited:
Wowowow beautiful art!
Secondly, interesting Stadium. It seems a lot like there is a push to lower the mega use... but...
Thirdly, I don't see how Gyarados isn't good. Not top tier good, but still gimmicky good. Magma Stadium + Gyarados + 3 benched karp gives you 180 damage alone, and if you want to band the monster you have 220. And you don't even need to do that much damage half the time with the weakness exploiting.
Fourthly, I wish that attack of Goodra would be a bit more accessible. My sticky deck couldve been a bit better >.>

@Metalizard Yeah, it probably doesn't work, but having M Sceptile as the only mega to get through Giratina EX would dampen any possible reign.

The new stadium is a nifty damage multiplier to help hit OHKOs. I haven't thought of any examples, but it can kind of act like a Fighting Stadium giving all pokemon a +20. Also the possibility of getting 2 prizes going into your turn.

I want to see a 40 HP Magikarp! Probably not though :(

Well, Ancient Trait love is continuing for Water and Colorless. Poor fully evolved Electric types...looks like they'll never know the loving caress of an Ancient Trait.

Also - I am going to guess the other SR/Gold Item will be Potion.
I guessed correctly with Energy Retrieval (and Theta Double - its AT effect, not the name), so maybe I'm on the same wavelength with someone in command(?)

@MegaButterfree confirming it's Trainers' Mail. I've seen a picture but I don't know if I'm allowed to share it (not mine).

And I know I may be late to this, but I called Giratina's ability.

I'm loving Claydol's gimmickiness. I used a Golurk w/ Devolution Punch (DRE) deck for a while with... below average success... but it was darn fun to play! Claydol here actually devolves the entire bench?! Can't wait to try it out!

Back