Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

I can see Entei being used with the Fire-type support from FLF to be a tech in a couple of decks, maybe. Two tools is an amazing prospect! Entei will be able to deal with any Grass-type decks that pop up after AOR, too. Lucky Helmet looks fun to play! Two on Entei? :p

I'm also wondering why Bulbapedia states there will be two Entei cards in the set? Where did we get the news of another one? Same goes for Golurk. Are there really two? Or are AT-cards always accompanied by a regular one?

I'm also wondering why Bulbapedia states there will be two Entei cards in the set? Where did we get the news of another one? Same goes for Golurk. Are there really two? Or are AT-cards always accompanied by a regular one?
AT have always been accompanied by a regular one, unless said AT is an EX

Lucky Helmet would be interesting for more controlled draw in this no LTC era. On the other hand, mill decks would love you to run this card.

The Entei is beautiful. They're really stepping up the HAs this set. Not sure if it's viable though

Do the Japanese do pre releases like America, two weeks before launch? If so, can we expect to see BRI in full this weekend?

I hope the other legendary dogs are included.

remember guys, moltres wasn't included in roaring skies when the other birds were....

Unfortunately not; Trick Coin specifies that you can only use one re-flipping mechanism per turn.
Certain abilities also speak of one per turn, but unless they say that only one [ability name] can be used per turn, you can do it for each pokemon with that ability in play, such as Delphox, for example. With that in mind, I must ask the question again.

But again trick coins States you can't use another reflip. Hence why you can't use it with victini. And that you can't use more than one victini

I will laugh if this Trait is put on a Mega EX because of double Head Ringer.

Entei has 2 pretty good attacks that put it on par with Heatran in terms of viability as a non-EX Basic, and the Trait will defenitely be fun to mess around with. The combo will probably be 2 Muscle Bands to hit 170, but you could also use 2 Hard Charms to make a fun wall deck with Rhyperior/Maxie, and even something like teching in a Weakness Policy for Water decks.

Speed Charizard-EX could come back with Seismitoad-EX pretty much dying and Grass Types coming back.

Wow! Two tools gives people so much more verstality! Two muscle band to do a solid 170, or two hard charm to reduce damage by 70 at least.

On the topic of the helmet, I think its pretty cool. Not sure how much it would be used like most Tools... but the card could be an interesting tech in a Toad matchup if you could somehow get it out before lock. Itd also be good in healing decks, I guess.
Yeah but have you ever considered putting 2 lucky helmets on them? And I'm talking about pokemon with that double ancient trait. That could give you a lot of cards!

You know, in retrospective, I'm actually glad Sceptile ended up with Theta Stop, because it would be absurdly broken with Theta Double. D:

I knew it! I predicted the Legendary dogs to be in the set and here is the first one! And what an amazing art work. This set has probably the most legendary Pokemon of all sets. If not, it feels like it does.

- Lucky Helmet looks like it's gonna be printed as a secret shiny card at some point.
*Beasts.

I am so excited to see Entei! I was really hoping it would be in this set! Also dang that ability.... so many combinations I'm loving it.

So there's Toad, and he's getting nerfed cause of Sceptile, which will cause the rise of the fire decks, and hey! Toad gets super effective damage on those.

The type trio is back!

The artwork on the AT Entei is rather nice. I do hope this ends up being holographic. The trait itself isn't too bad either.

Back