• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Altaria Noivern

suraci

The Angel That Flew Too Close To the Sun
Pokemon x16
x3 Swablu CRI
x3 Altaria CRI
x1 Victini GR
x2 Tapu Lele SM
x3 Noivern-GX BS
x1 Hydreigon SS
x2 Drampa-GX GR
x1 Niobat BS

Items x17
x3 Energy Retrieval
x2 Rescue Stretcher
x3 Float stone
x4 Ultra Ball
x3 Choice Band
x2 Field Blower

Trainers x13
Brigette x1
N x4
Sycamore x4
Guzma x2
Skyla x1
Wally x1

Stadiums x2
x2 Devoured Field

Energy x12

Dark energy x8
Rainbow Energy x4

You use Altaria to get fully evolved dragon types (Noivern GX, Hydreigon) via using its colorless move. Of course, the move is based on a coin flip so I added a victini for a Once that's achieved, you use Noivern to block items and Special Energies. Hydreigon is a Trump card because, if needed, he can get 50-290(Max damage with band and stadium).

Nice idea, I came up with one similar a while back. I feel this has a lot more potential in Expanded with Double Dragon Energy, Giratina-EX and Salamence from Dragon Vault. Not to mention the Altaria with the Fight Song ability. If you do want to stick with standard though I recommend Haxorus BKT and Goodra GRI.

Last edited:
Nice idea, I came up with one similar a while back. I feel this has a lot more potential in Expanded with Double Dragon Energy, Giratina-EX and Salamence from Dragon Vault. Not to mention the Altaria with the Fight Song ability. If you do want to stick with standard though I recommend Haxorus BKT and Goodra GRI.
I forgot Breakthrough was still in format. I do agree, though, that this would do better in expanded. What does the goodra do again?

I forgot Breakthrough was still in format. I do agree, though, that this would do better in expanded. What does the goodra do again?
Goodra-GRI-96.jpg
this is the Goodra I'm talking about. It's a great card that is let down by the fact that it is a Stage 2.

Goodra-GRI-96.jpg
this is the Goodra I'm talking about. It's a great card that is let down by the fact that it is a Stage 2.
ok, Though im probably gonna stick with the noivern deck 4 now, Im definitely gonna try and make a similar deck for Goodra

This works better as a toolbox where you can pluck out anything you like from the deck that you like rather than focusing on any particular mon.
ok, Though im probably gonna stick with the noivern deck 4 now, Im definitely gonna try and make a similar deck for Goodra

Back